1 click root now available!

This is a discussion on 1 click root now available! within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Does anyone know or even if it is available? A 2.2 desire rom for the nexus? and also if i flash cyanogen on my N1 ...

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 234

Thread: 1 click root now available!

  1. #151
    Member Akong702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    38
    Does anyone know or even if it is available? A 2.2 desire rom for the nexus? and also if i flash cyanogen on my N1 is it easy to flash another rom? sorry for such noobish questions

  2. #152
    Android Master rugmankc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,955
    Only one I know of is being worked on here. 22/Jul Alpha r23 dev WIP refresh - MoDaCo Custom ROM Desire Port Online Kitchen (Froyo FRF91) - Android @ MoDaCo


    Need to be a member to dl. Read all of thread. It is a WIP.

    If your rooted you can flash any rom you want as long as it is for your phone.

    Always nandroid backup first.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


    San Francisco Giants

  3. #153
    Member Akong702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    38
    OMG i just installed cyanogen and then tried to do a restore on ROM manager and it just stuck on the X for a good hour now....did i just brick my phone?

  4. #154
    Junior Member Nexus1!:D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by jdallac View Post
    yeah Busybox! that was the one I wasn't sure about installing. But if it worked well for you, then perfect.

    here are the instructions I used to root and install cyanogen. they are NOT MINE, I copied them to a word doc, so I don't remember who the OP was at XDA developer's forums who posted this. I really can't stress enough that I can't help anyone this doesn't work for. but it worked like a charm for me:


    Caution: Installing CyanogenMod will erase everything on your phone. You will have to reinstall any non-market apps and you will lose all your contacts and emails and messages, unless you first back it up with Titanium Backup in the market.

    Note: I am not responsible for any damage you make to your phone. This is only a guide and by no means the complete and only way to flash CM.

    Warning: If you flash CM, you will have to update your radio to the new one released with 2.2 unless you already updated it. Flashing this wrong could brick your phone and I am not responsible for any damages that occur to your device. I'm not going to into how to flash the radio. From here on out, I'm going to assume you already have the Froyo radio.

    Once you root, the simplest way to install CM6 would be to download ROM Manager from the market and flash the recovery. Here are the steps:
    1. Plug in your power cable and root using the 1-click root.
    2. Search for ROM Manager on Market and Install
    3. Open the app and allow the app to gain root access
    4. Click the "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" and wait until the progress bar is finished.
    5. It might freeze or ask permissions midway or not work at all. In this case, just click the button again.
    6. Then click the Download ROM under ROM Management of ROM Manager and select CyanogenMod.
    7. Select the one you want. CM 6.0.0 are all Froyo 2.2 Release Candidates so may have bugs. CM 5.0.8 is the last stable release of Eclair 2.1
    8. In edition to downloading CM, make sure you download the corresponding Google Apps as CM does not include GApps for copyright and licensing issues.
    9. Afterwords, go back to the main menu and select "Install ROM from SD Card".
    10. Navigate to clockworkmod/download/mirror.kanged.net/... until you get to the ROM. It should be named somewhat like update-cm-6.0.0-N1-RC2-signed.zip
    11. Click on it and click Add Zip. Then navigate to clockworkmod/download/kanged.net/... until you get to the GApps. It should be named somewhat like gapps-hdpi-FRF91-2-signed.zip
    12. Click that and click OK.
    13. When it prompts, choose to backup before flashing and give the backup a name like "Stock N1 Rooted". Also choose to clear data and dalvik-cache.
    14. Wait. It'll reboot and go into the clockwork recovery and automatically queue and flash the two zips. Keep waiting until it reboots again.
    15. Welcome to Cyanogen Mod.

    Side-note: I'm not sure if clearing data and cache count as a full wipe. If these steps dont get you to a working CM rom, tell me and I'll post the non-automated way to do this.


    I was able to skip steps 9 through 12, it seemed to do that automatically.
    so i dont have to download any boot/super boot crap just do this and i can have any rom?

  5. #155
    Junior Member Nexus1!:D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by jdallac View Post
    yeah Busybox! that was the one I wasn't sure about installing. But if it worked well for you, then perfect.

    here are the instructions I used to root and install cyanogen. they are NOT MINE, I copied them to a word doc, so I don't remember who the OP was at XDA developer's forums who posted this. I really can't stress enough that I can't help anyone this doesn't work for. but it worked like a charm for me:


    Caution: Installing CyanogenMod will erase everything on your phone. You will have to reinstall any non-market apps and you will lose all your contacts and emails and messages, unless you first back it up with Titanium Backup in the market.

    Note: I am not responsible for any damage you make to your phone. This is only a guide and by no means the complete and only way to flash CM.

    Warning: If you flash CM, you will have to update your radio to the new one released with 2.2 unless you already updated it. Flashing this wrong could brick your phone and I am not responsible for any damages that occur to your device. I'm not going to into how to flash the radio. From here on out, I'm going to assume you already have the Froyo radio.

    Once you root, the simplest way to install CM6 would be to download ROM Manager from the market and flash the recovery. Here are the steps:
    1. Plug in your power cable and root using the 1-click root.
    2. Search for ROM Manager on Market and Install
    3. Open the app and allow the app to gain root access
    4. Click the "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" and wait until the progress bar is finished.
    5. It might freeze or ask permissions midway or not work at all. In this case, just click the button again.
    6. Then click the Download ROM under ROM Management of ROM Manager and select CyanogenMod.
    7. Select the one you want. CM 6.0.0 are all Froyo 2.2 Release Candidates so may have bugs. CM 5.0.8 is the last stable release of Eclair 2.1
    8. In edition to downloading CM, make sure you download the corresponding Google Apps as CM does not include GApps for copyright and licensing issues.
    9. Afterwords, go back to the main menu and select "Install ROM from SD Card".
    10. Navigate to clockworkmod/download/mirror.kanged.net/... until you get to the ROM. It should be named somewhat like update-cm-6.0.0-N1-RC2-signed.zip
    11. Click on it and click Add Zip. Then navigate to clockworkmod/download/kanged.net/... until you get to the GApps. It should be named somewhat like gapps-hdpi-FRF91-2-signed.zip
    12. Click that and click OK.
    13. When it prompts, choose to backup before flashing and give the backup a name like "Stock N1 Rooted". Also choose to clear data and dalvik-cache.
    14. Wait. It'll reboot and go into the clockwork recovery and automatically queue and flash the two zips. Keep waiting until it reboots again.
    15. Welcome to Cyanogen Mod.

    Side-note: I'm not sure if clearing data and cache count as a full wipe. If these steps dont get you to a working CM rom, tell me and I'll post the non-automated way to do this.


    I was able to skip steps 9 through 12, it seemed to do that automatically.
    i installedrom manager but it says you must be rooted and it didnt find superuser , i have froyo 2.2 whats superuser?

  6. #156
    Member Akong702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    38
    Downloaded the latest version of the desire rom. I can't flash it cause i have spaces on the name of the rom?


    Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Only one I know of is being worked on here. 22/Jul Alpha r23 dev WIP refresh - MoDaCo Custom ROM Desire Port Online Kitchen (Froyo FRF91) - Android @ MoDaCo


    Need to be a member to dl. Read all of thread. It is a WIP.

    If your rooted you can flash any rom you want as long as it is for your phone.

    Always nandroid backup first.

  7. #157
    Android Master rugmankc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,955
    Yes, you need to mount phone either thru usb or recovery on the phone and access sd card where the zip is and rename it "update" no quotes.

    It should be on the root of your sd card.

    What recovery image are you using, clockwork may not require no sapces, don't know, I have Amon Ra and it does.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


    San Francisco Giants

  8. #158
    Member wondermixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Akong702 View Post
    Downloaded the latest version of the desire rom. I can't flash it cause i have spaces on the name of the rom?


    Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Only one I know of is being worked on here. 22/Jul Alpha r23 dev WIP refresh - MoDaCo Custom ROM Desire Port Online Kitchen (Froyo FRF91) - Android @ MoDaCo


    Need to be a member to dl. Read all of thread. It is a WIP.

    If your rooted you can flash any rom you want as long as it is for your phone.

    Always nandroid backup first.

    can u link me to the section where u downloaded that latest version plz.

  9. #159
    Member wondermixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexus1!:D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jdallac View Post
    yeah Busybox! that was the one I wasn't sure about installing. But if it worked well for you, then perfect.

    here are the instructions I used to root and install cyanogen. they are NOT MINE, I copied them to a word doc, so I don't remember who the OP was at XDA developer's forums who posted this. I really can't stress enough that I can't help anyone this doesn't work for. but it worked like a charm for me:


    Caution: Installing CyanogenMod will erase everything on your phone. You will have to reinstall any non-market apps and you will lose all your contacts and emails and messages, unless you first back it up with Titanium Backup in the market.

    Note: I am not responsible for any damage you make to your phone. This is only a guide and by no means the complete and only way to flash CM.

    Warning: If you flash CM, you will have to update your radio to the new one released with 2.2 unless you already updated it. Flashing this wrong could brick your phone and I am not responsible for any damages that occur to your device. I'm not going to into how to flash the radio. From here on out, I'm going to assume you already have the Froyo radio.

    Once you root, the simplest way to install CM6 would be to download ROM Manager from the market and flash the recovery. Here are the steps:
    1. Plug in your power cable and root using the 1-click root.
    2. Search for ROM Manager on Market and Install
    3. Open the app and allow the app to gain root access
    4. Click the "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" and wait until the progress bar is finished.
    5. It might freeze or ask permissions midway or not work at all. In this case, just click the button again.
    6. Then click the Download ROM under ROM Management of ROM Manager and select CyanogenMod.
    7. Select the one you want. CM 6.0.0 are all Froyo 2.2 Release Candidates so may have bugs. CM 5.0.8 is the last stable release of Eclair 2.1
    8. In edition to downloading CM, make sure you download the corresponding Google Apps as CM does not include GApps for copyright and licensing issues.
    9. Afterwords, go back to the main menu and select "Install ROM from SD Card".
    10. Navigate to clockworkmod/download/mirror.kanged.net/... until you get to the ROM. It should be named somewhat like update-cm-6.0.0-N1-RC2-signed.zip
    11. Click on it and click Add Zip. Then navigate to clockworkmod/download/kanged.net/... until you get to the GApps. It should be named somewhat like gapps-hdpi-FRF91-2-signed.zip
    12. Click that and click OK.
    13. When it prompts, choose to backup before flashing and give the backup a name like "Stock N1 Rooted". Also choose to clear data and dalvik-cache.
    14. Wait. It'll reboot and go into the clockwork recovery and automatically queue and flash the two zips. Keep waiting until it reboots again.
    15. Welcome to Cyanogen Mod.

    Side-note: I'm not sure if clearing data and cache count as a full wipe. If these steps dont get you to a working CM rom, tell me and I'll post the non-automated way to do this.


    I was able to skip steps 9 through 12, it seemed to do that automatically.
    i installedrom manager but it says you must be rooted and it didnt find superuser , i have froyo 2.2 whats superuser?
    are u sure u rooted correctly? check in ur apps if u see that superuser app ur rooted, if not try it again then restart ur phone, it takes 1 or 2 tries sometimes.

  10. #160
    Member Akong702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    38
    Not sure if it is the latest version here is the link 20/Jul r5 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen - Froyo with Sense (FRF91) - Android @ MoDaCo also i tried installing manually but failed... it starts out after about 2 minutes it just says installation failed? anything wrong? does anyone know a working version?

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

1steproot

,
does failed no fu goo mean
,
download universal androot 1.5.3
,

failed no fu goo nexus one

,
fu goo android
,
fugoo htc root app
,
jdallac, move
,
no fu goo mytouch q
,
onclick root rom manager gratuit
,

one click root nexus 1

,

universal androot failed no fu goo

,
universal androot no fu goo
,
universal bootloader unlocker
,
what does fail no fugoo mean
,
what does no fugoo mean when installing universal androot
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum