1 click root now available!

This is a discussion on 1 click root now available! within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by wondermixx Originally Posted by Akong702 Downloaded the latest version of the desire rom. I can't flash it cause i have spaces on ...

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 click root now available!

Quote Originally Posted by wondermixx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Akong702 View Post
    Downloaded the latest version of the desire rom. I can't flash it cause i have spaces on the name of the rom?

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Only one I know of is being worked on here. 22/Jul Alpha r23 dev WIP refresh - MoDaCo Custom ROM Desire Port Online Kitchen (Froyo FRF91) - Android @ MoDaCo

Need to be a member to dl. Read all of thread. It is a WIP.

If your rooted you can flash any rom you want as long as it is for your phone.

Always nandroid backup first.

can u link me to the section where u downloaded that latest version plz.
    I haven't dl'd it. That is the page. You must join as a member to bake and dl it thru his kitchen. In the kitchen you can select or not select the features you want.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by Akong702 View Post
    Not sure if it is the latest version here is the link 20/Jul r5 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen - Froyo with Sense (FRF91) - Android @ MoDaCo also i tried installing manually but failed... it starts out after about 2 minutes it just says installation failed? anything wrong? does anyone know a working version?
    Read my previous post and YOU MUST JOIN to dl
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Dang you gotta pay to get the working Desire Rom that sucks. I'm broke lol oh well might as well wait it out for a free version and stick with cyanogen mod. Question on the power strip widget on cyanogen whats the up and down arrows for?

You need to read the thread there to understand better. It is not a full working version, just a taste with main purpose to show FM Radio. But, it is all that is out there now. Eventually it may be "free". But, to use his kitchen and it's benefits, you need to be a member. I joined to support him just like I buy paid versions of Market apps if I like them.

The up and down arrows are a data on/off toggle, I believe. Try it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I used the SDK to gain root without unlocking the bootloader already using dolomiti7 tutorial here: [Tutorial] Root Without Unlocking (Alternative way for all ROMs Vodafone,Korean,US) - xda-developers
    Backing up my sd card now and looking at this new 1 click method has me curious. Is there a way to open the UniversalAndroot_1.6.1.apk file as uncompiled code? I'd love to see why I struggled so long to set the correct chmod permissions for the bootubuntu vm. Is the .apk for the 1-click unlock using adb shell commands, or is it not as simple as that?

Glad to see such a hopping forum for the N1! I'll be using CM6 soon, probably a nightly since I want HD recording for the cam. Thanks for any insight to how the 1-click root works.

Nightly download here: http://mirror.kanged.net/cm/nightly/passion/

I can't believe how easy that was. Now to find the overclock feature.
    Nexus One
    Baseband 32.36.00.28H_4.06.00.12_7
    Kernel 2.6.34.2-cyanogenmod
    Mod CyanogenMod-6-08132010-NIGHTLY-N1
    Build FRF91

Locked Bootloader!

You need to read the thread there to understand better. It is not a full working version, just a taste with main purpose to show FM Radio. But, it is all that is out there now. Eventually it may be "free". But, to use his kitchen and it's benefits, you need to be a member. I joined to support him just like I buy paid versions of Market apps if I like them.

yep thats what it is, turns data on and off.

I'm still learning this and have a few questions and would appreciate any help.
    I'm running Cyanogen 6 and installed a nightly on 8/12/2010. Now I was thinking about flashing another nightly soon. These are the steps I think I should do:
    1. Titanium backup all apps and system data
    2. Use Rom Manager app to Backup Current ROM. (is this the same as doing a Nandroid?)
    3. Use Rom Manager to flash latest nightly. (I get a popup that asks to Backup Rom and Wipe Data / Cache. Do I still have to do another backup because I just did it in the last step? Do I have to wipe the data/cache every time I flash a nightly or is it only if I'm installing a whole new ROM?)
    4. Once new ROM is flashed, and all the market apps are synced, Restore apps/ settings using Titanium Backup. (Do I choose "restore all apps and system data" or "restore missing apps + all system data?)

I think those are the steps. Thank you if anyone can answer these questions or offer any suggestions.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Yeah i read through the thread but my problem is when im installing the ROM it keeps failing with error Missing Line 45 or 37. It keeps happening evrytime i try to install the rom.

Are you trying to bake and dl it from the kitchen?

That is only for members, otherwise I am not sure what problem is. You could register on forum and get help there.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

iPhoneSlayer,

1. Yes
    2. Yes, but you may want to do it when RM asks. It and Nandroid are a full image bu
    3. I would do the bu at this time. May not matter, but at least follow CW steps.
    4. Restore all apps and sysytem data. After this is where I run LauncherPro by rebooting and select it as default desktop, then all Homescreens are restored. Usually I do wifi first, so I have max speed. This is if you have wifi available. I am at home when I do it and run off my dsl router to my laptop.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links