1 click root now available!

This is a discussion on 1 click root now available! within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; got it working finally! jeez that took forever. i did not have the paid version of rom manager. also it didnt automatically install the cm ...

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 click root now available!

got it working finally! jeez that took forever. i did not have the paid version of rom manager. also it didnt automatically install the cm 6.0 so from clockwork recovery i had to install from sd the cm 6.0 and gapps individually. it rebooted but it froze at the startup so i booted back into clockwork and cleared the storage and it worked after i recovery booted it.

Figuring it all out is half the fun.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Figuring it all out is half the fun.
    Haha. Its fun now that I have figured it out, but yesterday I could feel a new ulcer beginning.

On that note though, I feel pretty comfortable flashing a new ROM and if I screw up how to recover from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Akong702 View Post
    Hmmm seems that cyan6 rc2 is draining my battery fast...Usually at this time of day with stock froyo id still have about 85% left with regular usage. With cyan6 rc2 im at 78%.
    Yeah, my battery drains quick in rc2. Get setCPU, and use profiles though. It made it a LOTT better.

You can buy it in market, or free on XDA. Really helps, especially with temperature too.

I'm using Clockwork Rom Manager Premium version. When I check the Cyanogen nightlies, it show up to 8/11/10. And an hour ago it showed up to 8/10/10. I have the 8/12/10 nightly and wanted to install the one from today. I though the premium version had the latest Roms. Anyone else with this issue?
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Mmmm,

Go to Index of /cm/nightly/ and dl latest passion nightly of 13 Aug. Dl to pc copy to sd card and rename "update" no quotes. Then use CWM to flash it. You may have to do the same for gapps. That link is always up to date.

gapps: Nexus One - CyanogenMod Forum
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Thanks man. I'll try to download it when I get home. Hopefully CW will have it updated by then
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah,

It may just be a timing issue with time zones.

I have the free ROM manager on phone and looking at it. Read about some install issues fixed my selecting Fix Permissions and choosing Advanced in Settings. When I chose Fix Permissions it did it immediately.

Seems to have had no impact on phone since I have not flashed CWM and can still boot into recovery to AmonRa. But, does get me one step closer to the plunge.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I got Premium and flashed CWM. Did a rom bu, no problems.

Unlike AmonRa there is no obvious way to go back to previus screen in recovery. I am on the advanced and debugging screen and only see by hitting reboot recovery as safest way to exit, if that even does it.

I hit vol- and it enabled back menu, but still had to hit pwr off/on and it took me to main recovery screen. What now?

Also, what does apply sd card:update zip do? Seems like it puts a .zip on sd card to reflash recovery. But, I don't think we need it.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    I got Premium and flashed CWM. Did a rom bu, no problems.

Unlike AmonRa there is no obvious way to go back to previus screen in recovery. I am on the advanced and debugging screen and only see by hitting reboot recovery as safest way to exit, if that even does it.

I hit vol- and it enabled back menu, but still had to hit pwr off/on and it took me to main recovery screen. What now?

Also, what does apply sd card:update zip do? Seems like it puts a .zip on sd card to reflash recovery. But, I don't think we need it.

Ken
    Ken,
    Are you recovering a rom that you had on your SD card? That zip is supposed to be there. The recover looks for zip files. However, just make sure that is the correct update file. I had a few (back when I manually installed the froyo updates) update files on my sd card. I moved them to a new folder. The recovery looks for the update.zip that is on the main directory of your sd card.
    Now all this is just my opinion based off flashing the froyo updates so please don't take my word for it

Did you try the Flash Alternate Recovery on CW?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links