1 click root now available!

This is a discussion on 1 click root now available! within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; yeah Busybox! that was the one I wasn't sure about installing. But if it worked well for you, then perfect. here are the instructions I ...

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 click root now available!

yeah Busybox! that was the one I wasn't sure about installing. But if it worked well for you, then perfect.

here are the instructions I used to root and install cyanogen. they are NOT MINE, I copied them to a word doc, so I don't remember who the OP was at XDA developer's forums who posted this. I really can't stress enough that I can't help anyone this doesn't work for. but it worked like a charm for me:

Caution: Installing CyanogenMod will erase everything on your phone. You will have to reinstall any non-market apps and you will lose all your contacts and emails and messages, unless you first back it up with Titanium Backup in the market.

Note: I am not responsible for any damage you make to your phone. This is only a guide and by no means the complete and only way to flash CM.

Warning: If you flash CM, you will have to update your radio to the new one released with 2.2 unless you already updated it. Flashing this wrong could brick your phone and I am not responsible for any damages that occur to your device. I'm not going to into how to flash the radio. From here on out, I'm going to assume you already have the Froyo radio.

Once you root, the simplest way to install CM6 would be to download ROM Manager from the market and flash the recovery. Here are the steps:
    1. Plug in your power cable and root using the 1-click root.
    2. Search for ROM Manager on Market and Install
    3. Open the app and allow the app to gain root access
    4. Click the "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" and wait until the progress bar is finished.
    5. It might freeze or ask permissions midway or not work at all. In this case, just click the button again.
    6. Then click the Download ROM under ROM Management of ROM Manager and select CyanogenMod.
    7. Select the one you want. CM 6.0.0 are all Froyo 2.2 Release Candidates so may have bugs. CM 5.0.8 is the last stable release of Eclair 2.1
    8. In edition to downloading CM, make sure you download the corresponding Google Apps as CM does not include GApps for copyright and licensing issues.
    9. Afterwords, go back to the main menu and select "Install ROM from SD Card".
    10. Navigate to clockworkmod/download/mirror.kanged.net/... until you get to the ROM. It should be named somewhat like update-cm-6.0.0-N1-RC2-signed.zip
    11. Click on it and click Add Zip. Then navigate to clockworkmod/download/kanged.net/... until you get to the GApps. It should be named somewhat like gapps-hdpi-FRF91-2-signed.zip
    12. Click that and click OK.
    13. When it prompts, choose to backup before flashing and give the backup a name like "Stock N1 Rooted". Also choose to clear data and dalvik-cache.
    14. Wait. It'll reboot and go into the clockwork recovery and automatically queue and flash the two zips. Keep waiting until it reboots again.
    15. Welcome to Cyanogen Mod.

Side-note: I'm not sure if clearing data and cache count as a full wipe. If these steps dont get you to a working CM rom, tell me and I'll post the non-automated way to do this.

I was able to skip steps 9 through 12, it seemed to do that automatically.

Thanks, LOL. I've had that page bookmarked and had been pondering doing it all day. Time to jump in! Damn I leave work in 45 min. Maybe I should wait till I get home.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

I did it! This was a quick and very easy way to root. It took all of 8 seconds!

After I rooted I followed the directions above and now have cm6 on my phone. Also ADW launcher is really nice. Lots of different home screens! Now I am exploring everything to see what all I can do...

I recommend this if you have been wanting to root and afraid to do it. This will not hurt your phone, they say.

So far, I am loving it. Explore Explore Explore now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Google Nexus One Froyo
    Rooted ~ CM 6RC3~ CM6.0 N1~ Nightlies ~
    Was Using~ eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink
    Was Using~ MicroMod's 2.12 Desire SuperHybrid
    Was Using~ MicroMod's Gingerbread CM7 Custom ROM v1.2 (DT's-Ap2Ext,Bat%,Themed
    Was Using ~ BlackDroid's Nexus One - UD 3.1.0Rom
    Was Using ~ CM 7 Gingerbread Green or Blue ExtremeMod ROM
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Quote Originally Posted by nexgoose View Post
    loving this! did this last night...modified noti bar...new live wps...just awesome!!!!
    What notification bar? Where is the link to it?

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Thanks, LOL. I've had that page bookmarked and had been pondering doing it all day. Time to jump in! Damn I leave work in 45 min. Maybe I should wait till I get home.

I beat ya Tex! Go ahead and do it. so fast and all kinds of things to do. When you figure out new stuff you can pass it on, to me.... lol Have fun!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Google Nexus One Froyo
    Rooted ~ CM 6RC3~ CM6.0 N1~ Nightlies ~
    Was Using~ eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink
    Was Using~ MicroMod's 2.12 Desire SuperHybrid
    Was Using~ MicroMod's Gingerbread CM7 Custom ROM v1.2 (DT's-Ap2Ext,Bat%,Themed
    Was Using ~ BlackDroid's Nexus One - UD 3.1.0Rom
    Was Using ~ CM 7 Gingerbread Green or Blue ExtremeMod ROM
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

I can't decide what rom to go with, or how roms and themes work. Boy oh boy, it's gonna be a long day. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by judeeg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post

I beat ya Tex! Go ahead and do it. so fast and all kinds of things to do. When you figure out new stuff you can pass it on, to me.... lol Have fun!
    Thanks Okie!
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

What are some great apps for rooted users that don't want a custom rom? I wanted to change the led trackball unification colors but it says i need a custom rom. Any other benefits or is rooting real more about custom roms?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre51 View Post
    What are some great apps for rooted users that don't want a custom rom? I wanted to change the led trackball unification colors but it says i need a custom rom. Any other benefits or is rooting real more about custom roms?
    I found Adfree in the market. Pretty cool. Disables all ads in applications. I Like it.

thank you for the heads up on adfree!

I just used these instructions to install the samsung galaxy S live wallpapers to my nexus one. they look amazing!

First place SamsungLWP.zip on the root of your SDcard (plug your phone into your computer and transfer the samsungLWP.zip to your phone's sdcard)
    1. Go into rom manager and reboot into recovery
    2. scroll down to install zip from sd card and press the power button
    3. scroll down choose zip from SD card again hit power button
    4. highlight signed SamsungLWPs.zip
    5. Hit power button
    6. Go back until you get to the reboot option I think back twice Reboot phone
    7. go to personalize in setting options select htc wallpapers select live wallpapers and pick one to enjoy one

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links