1 click root now available!

This is a discussion on 1 click root now available! within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; iPhoneSlayer No, I am just playing and learning. Will try reflashing Amon at some point, the option is there and my research says it should ...

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 click root now available!

iPhoneSlayer

No, I am just playing and learning. Will try reflashing Amon at some point, the option is there and my research says it should work. The basic functions seem easy, haven't restored yet to test it. Did find the nightlies and google addons, but didn't see which gapps is available, ie latest.

Problem now is figuring out out how to go back to previous recovery screen. On Amon, vol- then pwr to select. I have been in the Advanced screen and another one, and had to reboot to get out. One time I had to choose Backup, since it was the safest choice. Wierd or I am dumb. Did read before about this issue and CWM not giving you enough choices before it proceeds.

I have no .zip. But i am talking about the CWM zip that is put there when you select Apply Zip??? from one of the recovery screens. No sure what that does for N1's. I think it is for other phones. Because they talk about it as if only particular ones need it. It almost sounds like a reset of recovery to stock. Not sure though.

Have you tried going into manual recovery and going back to previous screens?

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I haven't tried to the recovery process yet with CW. Going into recovery kinda scares me. It's like being in a store with a lot of glass; one misstep and BAAM! LOL. I've been doing a lot of research and a few things are starting to make sense now. My next goal is to add a theme...then after that maybe a kennel.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Good Idea

Take it slow. Watch the kernals they can play havoc. Google the kernal and see if any forums/info on it.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I found out, if I read it correctly, the Apply Zip option in the recovery screen is if you don't have RM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

any one used morph yet?

tried it this morning and changed my battery icon to li'l green guy
    Other phones will make fun of your virgin phone. Then your virgin phone will feel ugly and fat. It will have self esteem issues and start to hang around iPhones. Then it will end up in a dark drawer next to a dirty iPod and a whole lot of regrets. Is this want you want WERA!!
    For the love of God and your Nexus One. Root it!!!:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Quote Originally Posted by nexgoose View Post
    any one used morph yet?

tried it this morning and changed my battery icon to li'l green guy
    MetaMorph? That app is awesome. Just make sure to do a Nandroid Backup first to be on the safe side.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

iPhoneSlayer,

Flashing between CWM and Amon piece of cake.

When you do get into the Reboot into Recovery screens:

Main screen: reboot to get out.

Other screens: pwr button to go back.

Main screen: pwr button to turn off/on to save battery.

Don't need the Apply Zip:Update.zip

Ken

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Cool. Glad you got it figured out. What are you trying to get from recovery? A previous rom? Can't you do that from the CW or Amon app? Sorry, I'm still learning this stuff.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Nothing, I am just playing for now. All is good, just need to try a restore sometime, so i know all is OK. All now pretty straight forward. :cool:

Found someone on XDA Nexus One Forum, very knowledgeable.

Need Help on Manual Recovery Screens Clockwork Mod - xda-developers

Gotta Go,

Happy Rooting

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

OK so I followed the guide for the 1 Click Root App and I downloaded CM RC2 did the backup Recovery but didn't select the Wipe Data/Cache thing as well which I should of..

It backed up everything and what not installed CM RC2 and now it just sits at the Loading screen that is after the X where the 4 collours come from both sides of the phone to form the X... it shows the 4 coloured one and then goes to the blue one...

Nothing else.. There's a aprt where after a few seconds the blue hangs for a brief moment then goes back to the regular colour and it keep doing it... What's happening?

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links