1 click root now available!

This is a discussion on 1 click root now available! within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; YOU GOT TO WIPE!!!!!!!!!! If you haven't figured it out yet, pull the battery, let it reboot, hopefully you will be back to homescreen. Retry, ...

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 click root now available!

YOU GOT TO WIPE!!!!!!!!!!

If you haven't figured it out yet, pull the battery, let it reboot, hopefully you will be back to homescreen. Retry, but wipe first. You could also select Fix Permissions before you do anything. If you get it working, then another backup right away.

I don't use 1 click. Does it give you any indication you are rooted. I would also recommend Titanium Backup from the Market for app backups, very good and lots of features. Let it install Busybox and check OK on SuperUser Permissions.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Took the battery out and rebooted a few times but still did it..

The 1 Click told me that my phone was Rooted. ROM Manager let me do the backup Rom and I entered the Recovery Menu by Pressing down the volume button when pressing the power button started that up but it's frozen..

ClockwordMod Recovery v2.5.0.1
    Checking MD5 sums...
    Erasing boot before restore..
    Restoring boot image..
    Restoring system..
    firmware

It's been a few minutes and that progress bar hasn't moved at all and that is what the writing is still hasn't changed...

I have had this before too and it just took a few tries. Keep trying the battery pull and leave out for a couple minutes. You didn't do any radio changes did you?

I don't think you can destroy a phone unless messing up on radio flashing.

Try this Forum, register and start a new thread, they are very helpful. A lot of people here are just starting to root and XDA has some longtimers.

Did you select Fix Permissions on Rom Manager Home Page?

Nexus One General - xda-developers
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Took the battery out did a soft reset now it just sits at the 4 coloured X logo... Powered into the 3 skating droids and chose Clear Data/Storage what ever id did that but STILL hangs at the 4 colours logo..

Didn't do any Radio changes at all...

Can you get back to your homescreen even though it will be mostky blank. If so, you need to see if you can mount and see what is on your sd card. If it is working, you may need to dl a rom from internet and copy it to sd, rename "update" no quotes, and flash it thru recovery, by booting into recovery by holding down vol- and pwr at same time, select recovery, and selecting install zip from sd card. assuming you still have a recovery on your phone. I think you are all out of sequence on the steps. Is Rom Manager and Clockwork Mod still available to you.

Try the forum I posted above, but be detailed on what you have done and all phone info.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Nah mate like I said before when I went to use the ClockworkMod Recovery Image it just froze on it.. The progress bar didn't move and as I wrote before firmware was the last thing it was stuck on..

Least 10-20 minutes went by and it never progressed.. After that did a soft reset, took the battery out did plenty of reset, then did a factory reset nothing absolutely nothing..

I can't get to the homescreen at all no matter what option I choose.. I have access to another phone in which I inserted my micro SDCard and it works perfectly fine. I put on the FRF91 Update but received a Status 7 Error and it had that I needed the ERE27 Update put that but then got a Status 2 Error then got the Stock Update.zip which i think is ERD79 but that gave me a Status 2 error as well...

The blue, red, yellow and green X logo is what it just sits at.. I honestly don't knwo what is wrong. I've booted without the SD Card in the phoen but still the same problem...

Also to add to that the 4 coloured X logo after about 15 minutes or so the phone reboots and keeps on doing this.. Hanging on the single multi coloured logo then reboots..

I am lost too, sorry. Try the link I gave and post there.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Good Info:

Also need to click on Fix Permissions and Advanced before starting anything. Advanced is found my hitting menu at bottom of screen while in the Main page for Rom Manager:

[APP] [ROOT] 1-click root for N1 (Latest ver: 1.6.1) - xda-developers

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

cxm
    I've been scouring through this and other threads on rooting and there is still some things I don't quite get

1) At which point in the process do you back up with titanium?

2) The program (nandroid?) to back up the stock rom, is that included in the rom manager or the rom itself or is it a separate download.

apologies if this has been covered before, but just want to know exactly what I am doing before I start. I have done the 1-click root, and a root only application works so, so far so good. But when I open titanium it says it can't find root, verify that rom is rooted that busy box is included. I am still on stock froyo for now.

tx

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links