1 click root now available!

This is a discussion on 1 click root now available! within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by cxm I've been scouring through this and other threads on rooting and there is still some things I don't quite get 1) ...

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: 1 click root now available!

Quote Originally Posted by cxm View Post
    I've been scouring through this and other threads on rooting and there is still some things I don't quite get

1) At which point in the process do you back up with titanium?

2) The program (nandroid?) to back up the stock rom, is that included in the rom manager or the rom itself or is it a separate download.

apologies if this has been covered before, but just want to know exactly what I am doing before I start. I have done the 1-click root, and a root only application works so, so far so good. But when I open titanium it says it can't find root, verify that rom is rooted that busy box is included. I am still on stock froyo for now.

tx

I am also wondering, in what order do I perform what, when I'm am to flash a rom? Also, what is some of the advantages is there to having a modded rom?

I'm rooted now, which was quick and painless, as I was worried about the warranty issue.

I also am wondering about the apps I have one my phone now? What happens to them and will I have to re-dl them and the ones I've paid for?

Sorry if this was also covered, just a newbe asking more questions....

Thx

cxm
    ok, so I took the plunge. After downloading the rom, I was prompted to back up the old rom and wipe data. When it rebooted it just stays at the exclamation icon with the little green icon.

where do I go from here?

I've been scouring through this and other threads on rooting and there is still some things I don't quite get

1) At which point in the process do you back up with titanium?

2) The program (nandroid?) to back up the stock rom, is that included in the rom manager or the rom itself or is it a separate download.

apologies if this has been covered before, but just want to know exactly what I am doing before I start. I have done the 1-click root, and a root only application works so, so far so good. But when I open titanium it says it can't find root, verify that rom is rooted that busy box is included. I am still on stock froyo for now.

tx
    To answer your questions:

1. After you are rooted and installed Busybox. Busybox can be found in the market. Just to search for it. Also busybox is built into roms like CM6.

2. Nandroid is in the recovery like rom manager (clockwork recovery) or AmonRa.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

ok, so I took the plunge. After downloading the rom, I was prompted to back up the old rom and wipe data. When it rebooted it just stays at the exclamation icon with the little green icon.

where do I go from here?
    run clockwork again and try it again.

Some people have had luck at reflashing ClockworkMod recovery before they start their Rom downloads and flashing new OS's. Just click on the top choice of the Rom Manager page like you did when you first dl'd and started Rom manager. Nothing to lose.

I do a Titanium Backup before I start anything. Also, a full OS backup, unless CWM Recovery is doing it for me.

After flashing and phone boots up, I get wifi set, then I install TB from Market, run restore all apps and data, do a refresh on TB. Then I reboot phone and it asks which desktop I want to use ADW or LauncherPro. I select a default LP and it runs and restores all screens to the way they were before flashing new Rom. ADW may do that to, but I like LP.

Of course you have to have gapps installed to have Market on the phone.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Also, run Fix Permissions and check Advanced. When on Rom Mgr main page, swipe phones menu key and select Advanced.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

When going from CM6 R2 to R3, do I need to backup my data files with Titanium BU again?

Always good to backup TB and OS before doing anything, however if you are going from the nightly before RC3, probably not. RC2 original to RC3, yes.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

cxm
    Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Some people have had luck at reflashing ClockworkMod recovery before they start their Rom downloads and flashing new OS's. Just click on the top choice of the Rom Manager page like you did when you first dl'd and started Rom manager. Nothing to lose.

I do a Titanium Backup before I start anything. Also, a full OS backup, unless CWM Recovery is doing it for me.

After flashing and phone boots up, I get wifi set, then I install TB from Market, run restore all apps and data, do a refresh on TB. Then I reboot phone and it asks which desktop I want to use ADW or LauncherPro. I select a default LP and it runs and restores all screens to the way they were before flashing new Rom. ADW may do that to, but I like LP.

Of course you have to have gapps installed to have Market on the phone.

Ken
    thanks mate. that did the trick and I now finally have a custom rom! Time to play....

I'm using Rom Manager to download CM6 RC3 but it seems to be stuck at 69%. This is the 3rd time trying to download it via Rom Manager but it always stops at a random percent.

If I download the CM6RC3 file and googleapps from my PC, do I just upload it to the SD card and select "Install ROM from SD Card"? If so, do I need to rename it and put it into a specific folder?

EDIT: So after 7 tries and 8 hours later, it finally downloaded and installed. Yay!

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links