1 click root now available!

This is a discussion on 1 click root now available! within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; If I do this 1step root do i have to reinstall anything? Or is it a seamless process where none of my apps or settings ...

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 click root now available!

If I do this 1step root do i have to reinstall anything? Or is it a seamless process where none of my apps or settings change?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre51 View Post
    If I do this 1step root do i have to reinstall anything? Or is it a seamless process where none of my apps or settings change?
    Nothing at all gets changed, nothing gets lost.

You install the app, and all you do is hit Root Now or whatever the button says, and wamo couple seconds later your phone is rooted.

If you don't want to be rooted anymore, just go back into the app and hit Unroot and bam you're unrooted.

No void of warranty, or anything.

:D

Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Syntax323 View Post
    Nothing at all gets changed, nothing gets lost.

You install the app, and all you do is hit Root Now or whatever the button says, and wamo couple seconds later your phone is rooted.

If you don't want to be rooted anymore, just go back into the app and hit Unroot and bam you're unrooted.

No void of warranty, or anything.

:D

Enjoy
    yes, exactly right. it is the installing of a custom mod like Cyanogen that actually wipes out your programs and data and sets you back to a kind of default state.

this "one click root" doesn't do anything like that.

Is there any app to get 720p video recording on a rooted device without a custom mod try?

without rooting---not to my knowledge. You could wait (and hope) google adds the 720p feature soon.

I'm betting that cyanogen will have a working FM tuner very shortly.

I understand I will gave to wait for google for a non rooted way but if I root can I do it without a custom rom?

Does anyone know where I can find a black status bar, and how to install it on Stock Froyo rom??

I understand I will gave to wait for google for a non rooted way but if I root can I do it without a custom rom?
    you mean is there a 720p app on the market once you root?

I don't know. I just searched and didn't find one. I think you may have to use a custom rom.

I think cyanogen has this feature removed at the moment (except for experimental nightly builds maybe?) because I don't see it on my phone at the moment.

probably has some bugs that need working out.

Here is the forum for the latest nightlies, more stable than RC2 and yes 720p is in them. I have used it. [Nightlies] Discussion of Nightlies - CyanogenMod Forum

Always backup with nandroid before wipes. And I would backup your sd cards too.

If your phones are listed here: Index of /cm/nightly/

you can flash latest nightly. Don't know what other names your phones go by. The N1 goes by "passion".

To do that, download it and copy to root of SD Card. There you can rename it "update", no quotes. That is if you have windows. Otherwise you can try update.zip. Sometime windows adds an extra zip.

If it works and you are happy do another backup.

Titanium BackUp is the best and has many options. I use Titanium Backup from Market for app backups, still use nandroid for full OS/Data backups. I also use LauncherPro from the Market for my Homescreens. So, after I backup then flash new ROM, I activate wifi. Reinstall only Titanium backup from Market and restore all apps. But, to get my Homescreens as they were I run LauncherPro right after. Sometimes I can't run it thru TB, so I just reboot and it asks which desktop I want. I pick LauncherPro as the default. 99% of everything is back, including folders. I usually do my Google after I enable wifi, it is faster that way. The only things I had to redo on occasion were custom ringtones and alarms, but not always.

Some programs you may want from the Market now that you are rooted are Root Explorer and Linda Manager, and History Erasure. I think they are all for rooted phones only, maybe not History Erasure. All allow for more control over your phones files.

Haven't read all the posts here but you obviously need a recovery manager like Amon Ra or Clockwork Recovery to flash new Roms.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

WOOOW! I rooted my phone and the next day, i see this. Now because my phone is rooted, i installed an app ment for another phone and bam! FAIL TO WORK NOW!

After i send this to HTC and get it repaired, im going to download this app/

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links