1 click root now available!

This is a discussion on 1 click root now available! within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Yea, the terms are a language in of themselves. Rom (read only memory) meant something entirely different to me when I was learning computers ages ...

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 click root now available!

Yea, the terms are a language in of themselves. Rom (read only memory) meant something entirely different to me when I was learning computers ages ago. This is like marrying a movie star, great nites and horrible days as she spends all your money. A love/hate relationship.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

All right, now that I am officially rooted and "Cyanogenized," I have several quick questions.

1.) What do I do with these 2 apps: BusyBox and Titanium Backup?
    - I downloaded BusyBox because Titanium Backup told me to. What exactly is it for?
    - Titanium BU: Now that I've restored everything, do I still need it? Should I just keep it for future updates?

2.) CM features - I've read a lot about CM and what attracted me to it was its speed, decreased battery consumption and UI customization.
    - What are some must-have apps that I should get now that I'm rooted (i.e. trackball, notification bar, keyboard, etc...)?

3.) Maintenance - I remember reading somewhere that once I'm rooted, I will not be receiving OTA updates anymore. Is keeping up-to-date easy? What should I pay attention to?

Well, that's it for now. So far, I'm loving CM!

Thanks!

Does someone have gtalk that can help me installing Roms. I feel mentally retarded looking at it all, and trying to figure out which to do when. Even after research, I just see all these files and can't figure which app is for what.

Even after reading some guides, it just gets weird, a lot of them go into unlocking bootloader which voids warranty, but I thought I could flash a rom without unlocking that.

So yeah, would anyone be willing to give a hand?

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Here is the forum for the latest nightlies, more stable than RC2 and yes 720p is in them. I have used it. [Nightlies] Discussion of Nightlies - CyanogenMod Forum
    thank you for the info. I followed your link and installed the latest nightly.

I do see some even better features now. but...where is the 720p video recorder? is that the default mode now? I can't seem to find any separate app to launch it.

Kevin,

Keep it. It is the best app bu available. It just needs busybox to work right. Set a bu schedule, they are put on sd card and used when restoring. Experiment with the options except for ones like delete.

I like the file manager apps like Linda Manager and Root Explorer. Will see if I can find more like a link to a thread on them. There is a thread out there. TA doesn't work on all cyan roms just the basic rc2 and the 08/04 nightly. He is updating as they come out.

No ota. Need to go back to latest stock rom and do it manually, then flash a rooted rom when dev has one for that rom.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Jdallac,

When in video mode and phone in landscape, it is bottom right soft button. Click on it and all opptions there. You want high for 720p.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Syntax3,

You are rooted so ignore the unlock bl, it is an entirely separate step and you bypassed it with 1 click. Don't know if 1 click will limit any rom flashing, doesn't seem to have for others yet. I did it thru guides the old fashion way thru Android SDK. Took awhile to figure it all out and still confused a lot of times. Dozens of hours of research and trial and error. But, I am slow.

You need to flash a recovery like Amon Ra, which is done thru Android SDK. Most here have dl'd Rom Manager Free from Market instead. It is pretty straight forward, but some think Amon Ra is the best. You can have both. This is pretty good here for AmonRa and Android SDK. Video: Flashing Froyo onto Your Nexus One

Basically, once you have a recovery image on phone like Amon Ra you dl your rom of choice to pc then copy to phones sd card by mounting the phone with usb cable and drag or copy/paste. If using windows rename it "update" no quotes. Then unmount phone PROPERLY and power off. Don't have phone connected while flashing and or in recovery. Hold down vol- and pwr at same time. Phone will boot into recovery. use vol to scroll and select recovery by pressing pwr. You will see a line that says flash update from sd card. Select it using trackball in this screen and follow prompts. If after doing this you get formatting cache for awhile just ignore and move on. Before you flash, do a nandroid backup from the green recovery screen and do another after you have your new rom working and tweaked.

Rom Manager may be easier to start with but the other method gives you ability to do things with phone from the ADB Command Shell in Windows.

Back up you SD Card regulary.

XDA and Cyanogen Forums have good rooting threads.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Kevin,

Keep it. It is the best app bu available. It just needs busybox to work right. Set a bu schedule, they are put on sd card and used when restoring. Experiment with the options except for ones like delete.

I like the file manager apps like Linda Manager and Root Explorer. Will see if I can find more like a link to a thread on them. There is a thread out there. TA doesn't work on all cyan roms just the basic rc2 and the 08/04 nightly. He is updating as they come out.

No ota. Need to go back to latest stock rom and do it manually, then flash a rooted rom when dev has one for that rom.
    In your last paragraph did you mean no OTA for the cyan rom or no google OTA? My question is: With a rooted phone with a custom rom will I still get google OTA updates like gingerbread when it eventually comes out?

dragongunner,

No Google OTA unless you manually do it. Once Gingerbread is out the devs will quickly get a rom out for it. You can get Cyan Updater from Market and get Cyan that way thru Rom Manager, I think.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links