1 click root now available!

This is a discussion on 1 click root now available! within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by dragongunner Oh gosh, I am on edge! Its taking forever to load....is this normal? Its at the flashing X part. 5 minutes ...

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 click root now available!

Quote Originally Posted by dragongunner View Post
    Oh gosh, I am on edge! Its taking forever to load....is this normal? Its at the flashing X part.
    5 minutes in and it still is not loaded. Can it be that I did something wrong? Still at the flashing X part. Should I continue to wait or try turning the phone off and restarting?

I don't have Rom Manager so not sure how it works. Here is a good guide with good links.

[Complete Guide] How To Flash A Custom ROM To Your Android Phone With ROM Manager + Full Backup & Restore | Android News, Reviews, Applications, Games, Phones, Devices, Tips, Hacks, Videos, Podcasts - Android Police

Do you have Rom Manager installed like on the screen shots. I am sure you need to be not connected to pc when doing this.

You may need to dl and install gapps to phone's sdcard and flash it thru Rom Manager since Cyan doesn't include them.

I had the X last nite and had to pull battery and quickly boot into recovery before phone came back on. Then wipe and restore a nandroid backup, since something got messed up. Not sure if you can do that thru CW Mod.

If you install zips on sd card and are using windows, name them "update" no quotes.

You should be on wifi if you can or at least 3g.

This google page has some links to problems.

I don't think it is a problem to pull battery and start over.

Someone else may have answers that have CW Mod.

The latest google addon (gapps) if needed. Use the top one. Nexus One - CyanogenMod Forum
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Very interesting topic we got here. I am using an unrooted N1 /2.2 Froyo (FRF91). So is a newbie to this rooting thingy.
    First of all I need to ask you guys out there if I use the 1-click to root my phone & I do not install CyanogenMod. Do I still benefit from all the advantages of having a rooted phone? One of advantages is that I can use some apps which are only meant for rooted phone. Cheers mate!!

You need a recovery image like Amon Ra or Cyanogen Mod. CM is flashed thru Rom Manager gotten thru Market.

Lots of guides out there and I would read a lot of them before trying any. I like Amon Ra, but more complicated to get on phone, unless there are now some quicker methods.

I installed it by first installing Android ADK and using ADB in the windows command shell. Very lenghty and frustrating for me (slow to learn), but the best mehtod after you are done. IMHO.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Here's a video and some pros/cons on CW. Discussion is ongoing and may help.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

The guy in the video has CW Mod Recovery on his phone as seen at top of screen. So, you can boot into it by holding down vol- and pwr at same time for several seconds. Then it is all very simalar to Amon Ra. I guess Rom Manager is just an interface between phone and CW Mod Recovery.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Oh gosh, I am on edge! Its taking forever to load....is this normal? Its at the flashing X part.
    5 minutes in and it still is not loaded. Can it be that I did something wrong? Still at the flashing X part. Should I continue to wait or try turning the phone off and restarting?
    Well something is definitely wrong here. I had to take the battery out and restart. Once restarted it won't go past the flashing X (both blue and colored at different times). I will have to take the battery out again.

Ok guys and gals what next? Am I totally screwed?

After battery pull and before phon turns back on see if you can hold down vol- and pwr at same time and boot into CW recovery. If you have no recovery yet and no backup i am not sure what to do. i would google problem and look for a CW forum or ask the guy in the video thru the ongoing chat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

k please help me out. im a retard. how do i get the 1 click root app on my phone?

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    After battery pull and before phon turns back on see if you can hold down vol- and pwr at same time and boot into CW recovery. If you have no recovery yet and no backup i am not sure what to do. i would google problem and look for a CW forum or ask the guy in the video thru the ongoing chat.
    Ok I was able to use the vol- and pwr. I am now at a screen that gives these options:

-reboot system now
    -apply sdcard: update zip
    -wipe data/factory reset
    -wipe cache partition
    -install zip from sdcard
    -nandroid
    -partitions menu
    -advanced

What is my best choice?

Oh and at the very bottom it says ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.1

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Remove Ads