1 click root now available!

This is a discussion on 1 click root now available! within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; For those afraid, or not tech savy, a 1 click root app is now available. It does NOT void warranty. It does NOT unlock bootloader. ...

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 click root now available!

1 click root now available!

For those afraid, or not tech savy, a 1 click root app is now available. It does NOT void warranty. It does NOT unlock bootloader. So using this only roots your phone, so you can use custom roms, and apps that requires being rooted. It also has a 1 click unroot button. Simple as that. Just released! Works flawless.

Link here: [APP] [ROOT] 1-click root for N1 - xda-developers

Guide here(For those still worried): Android App Judge: One Click Root Application! Universal Androot 1.5.3.

Enjoy!!!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Thanks for sharing, but I'm afraid it's old news now.

I know. It was just incase some people haven't seen it.

It was new to me though.

I just found this story today on google search, so it was news to me. I was actually coming to post on this exact thing when I saw the OP's post.

What was the really critical part is that this method of 1-click rooting is COMPLETELY REVERSIBLE and IN NO WAY VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY. it does not unlock your bootloader, but you can still root.
    Easy One-Click Root Now Available For Nexus One

This alone made me try rooting for the first time this morning.

I was one of those who always thought rooting was pretty pointless after froyo. I kept asking "what is the benefit? 720p recording and that is it?"

I can tell you after rooting for the first time this morning and installing cyanogen's latest version: I love it. the real benefit is that it gives you complete control over your phone. It is one thing to hear that, but to see just how many small features you can completely tweak and customize is amazing.

little things like being able to have your phone in landscape mode when you are on the home screen (just like keyboard phones like MyTouch Slide). Or having the option to have 7 homescreens instead of 5. or 6 homescreens...whatever you want! also being able to create an expanded button dock at the bottom so that 4 icons can be placed there. Icons of YOUR choosing. Also it displays an H when you are on tmobile's new, fast HSPA network, rather than just showing 3G all the time.

I've only scratched the surface in that last few hours. but since this method is completely reversible and does not void the warranty by unlocking the bootloader, I figured, why not try it?

I know there is a poster on this forum who's signature is "refuse to root :" and I used to completely agree with him.

But now that there is no loss of warranty, I think I will adopt the sig: "just rooted. cyanogen. no downside. my phone is better than ever. "

I've been at work and was debating doing this. I got a question though. When you install cyanogen rom, do you loose all you contacts and market/nonmarket apps? I read that I have to use Titanium backup.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

yes, that is the case: you lose everything if you don't back it up.

I tried installing that titanium backup, because everyone recommended it. but then it wanted me to install some other program before titanium backup would work. It was getting annoying.

I actually already had a program called MyBackup Pro installed so I used that instead. It worked like a charm. It backed up every app, every setting, all my contacts, call logs...the works. So I didn't end up needing titanium backup.

incidentally, my contacts just auto synced from my google account, so there was no need to restore them.

So there has been about half an hour of restoring things back to what I had. but it was painless. also a few programs, like APNSwitch (APNDroid) did not need to be restored, because cyanogen added a button that does that feature right on the power control widget.

cxm
    Quote Originally Posted by jdallac View Post
    I just found this story today on google search, so it was news to me. I was actually coming to post on this exact thing when I saw the OP's post.

What was the really critical part is that this method of 1-click rooting is COMPLETELY REVERSIBLE and IN NO WAY VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY. it does not unlock your bootloader, but you can still root.
    Easy One-Click Root Now Available For Nexus One

This alone made me try rooting for the first time this morning.

I was one of those who always thought rooting was pretty pointless after froyo. I kept asking "what is the benefit? 720p recording and that is it?"

I can tell you after rooting for the first time this morning and installing cyanogen's latest version: I love it. the real benefit is that it gives you complete control over your phone. It is one thing to hear that, but to see just how many small features you can completely tweak and customize is amazing.

little things like being able to have your phone in landscape mode when you are on the home screen (just like keyboard phones like MyTouch Slide). Or having the option to have 7 homescreens instead of 5. or 6 homescreens...whatever you want! also being able to create an expanded button dock at the bottom so that 4 icons can be placed there. Icons of YOUR choosing. Also it displays an H when you are on tmobile's new, fast HSPA network, rather than just showing 3G all the time.

I've only scratched the surface in that last few hours. but since this method is completely reversible and does not void the warranty by unlocking the bootloader, I figured, why not try it?

I know there is a poster on this forum who's signature is "refuse to root :" and I used to completely agree with him.

But now that there is no loss of warranty, I think I will adopt the sig: "just rooted. cyanogen. no downside. my phone is better than ever. "
    I would love to hear more of what can be done after rooting - particularly if it is easy to put the sense ui over it - but the things mentioned in bold above are available in the free version of launcher pro...

as you discover more, pls let us know

the only thing I have really envied about my girlfriend's htc sense overlay is that excellent weather and clock flip widget on the homescreen.

but I was able to get an identical widget called "weather and toggle" that has an skin that replicates htc sense's widget perfectly.

I will continue to update as I find more things improved. other little things I have noticed include the ability to adjust the "bounciness" of screen scrolling. and I've been reading that now rooted, I can install the samsung galaxy S live wallpapers. that might be my project for tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by jdallac View Post
    yes, that is the case: you lose everything if you don't back it up.

I tried installing that titanium backup, because everyone recommended it. but then it wanted me to install some other program before titanium backup would work. It was getting annoying.

I actually already had a program called MyBackup Pro installed so I used that instead. It worked like a charm. It backed up every app, every setting, all my contacts, call logs...the works. So I didn't end up needing titanium backup.

incidentally, my contacts just auto synced from my google account, so there was no need to restore them.

So there has been about half an hour of restoring things back to what I had. but it was painless. also a few programs, like APNSwitch (APNDroid) did not need to be restored, because cyanogen added a button that does that feature right on the power control widget.
    Thanks for your help man. Backing everything up right now. I just figured out how to use Titanium. It just asked me to update busybox.
    I was very skeptical about this one click root method, but I tried Shootme and it worked!
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

loving this! did this last night...modified noti bar...new live wps...just awesome!!!!
    Other phones will make fun of your virgin phone. Then your virgin phone will feel ugly and fat. It will have self esteem issues and start to hang around iPhones. Then it will end up in a dark drawer next to a dirty iPod and a whole lot of regrets. Is this want you want WERA!!
    For the love of God and your Nexus One. Root it!!!:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links