Regretting that I rooted...

This is a discussion on Regretting that I rooted... within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Oh yeah, I noticed after installing CM, I no longer have 3G but I have "H" instead. Is H better than 3G. I have no ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Regretting that I rooted...

Oh yeah, I noticed after installing CM, I no longer have 3G but I have "H" instead. Is H better than 3G. I have no idea what it is...

Kevin,

It is basically the same, cyan just puts it there.

Rooting is a roller coaster and you are using unstable roms most of the time. CM6 is not stable, but the latest nightlies are. The benefits outweigh the costs if you are adventurous. I don't know if the 1 click method is full root.

I did it thru ADB and those guides and flashed Amon Ra. Quite a learning experience. But I like Amon Ra over CW Mod.

You can go back, there are guides on this forum.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

CM6 RC2 has been stable for me. Just had to tweak it a lil.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Yea, they seem hit and miss for folks, I had adobe flash issues and bookmark foreclosures. Maybe the latest rc2 dl's have updates in them?? The latest nightly gives you 720p.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_808 View Post
    Well you are on the right track. Setcpu should be set to on demand. Also in the cm settings, go into performance settings and set the vm heap to 24. This will make for a smooth ride. Good job btw in installing clockwork. Just make sure to make backups frequently.
    Awesome. Is it correct to say that, if I so choose, I will be able to return to stock rom and receive OTA updates?
    Theoretically yes. Altho the dev community is usually pretty quick when it comes to new updates. Once I rooted, I never looked back.
    So does that mean once, let's say, 3.0 Gingerbread comes out all I would need to do is go into Rom Manager and download the latest rom with 3.0? Or is it a little more complicated than that?

I'm running CMrc2 and Clockwork recovery. I have noticed an INSANE improvement of my battery life. Using ADW or Launcher Pro both makes CM6 blazing fast.

I'm more than pleased. I'm sorry to hear that you don't see a difference.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

yep that's pretty much it. Gotta make a nandroid first tho. Always do that first.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

yep that's pretty much it. Gotta make a nandroid first tho. Always do that first.
    Is nandroid the same thing as clockwork in rom manager? Would I just go into Rom Manager and select "Backup current rom" before installing future roms?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_808 View Post
    Is nandroid the same thing as clockwork in rom manager? Would I just go into Rom Manager and select "Backup current rom" before installing future roms?
    Yes its the same. You can do it in the app or in recovery
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links