Regretting that I rooted...

This is a discussion on Regretting that I rooted... within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; So after a full day of use, I have changed my mind. Being rooted with CM is awesome! Much faster response time and a noticeable ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Regretting that I rooted...

So after a full day of use, I have changed my mind. Being rooted with CM is awesome!

Much faster response time and a noticeable battery life increase.

I do however just want to make sure I have optimal settings for my battery:

SetCPU: ondemand
    VM heap size: 24m

Do you guys recommend anything else to improve battery life? Also, any other must-have apps for rooted phones besides SetCPU? Anything from performance improvements to UI customizations would be great!

Note: In the brightness setting, I've set the bar to right under the "u" under "Automatic." Is that too high or does "Automatic Brightness" save a lot of battery?

PS - Thanks to slimburg and rugmankc and whoever else that helped me.

Kevin,

Glad you are happy now. I don't use SetCpu. I have a charger at home, work, and in my car. I want full screen brightness and if batt runs down I recharge. As far as VM, Java Virtual Machine, you can experiment. Mine is 32, no problems, but 24 may work for you. As far as I understand, it is for Java app performance and mine run fine. I think based on posts in root forums on XDA and Cyan, they change it for specific problems, don't remember which ones.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_808 View Post
    So after a full day of use, I have changed my mind. Being rooted with CM is awesome!

Much faster response time and a noticeable battery life increase.

I do however just want to make sure I have optimal settings for my battery:

SetCPU: ondemand
    VM heap size: 24m

Do you guys recommend anything else to improve battery life? Also, any other must-have apps for rooted phones besides SetCPU? Anything from performance improvements to UI customizations would be great!

Note: In the brightness setting, I've set the bar to right under the "u" under "Automatic." Is that too high or does "Automatic Brightness" save a lot of battery?

PS - Thanks to slimburg and rugmankc and whoever else that helped me.
    No Problem. Glad I could help
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Hello
    I have a question in line with this discussion. New to nexus one as well. My phone is rooted, and am ready to flash new rom, but I am a little confused about 1 thing: the radio. I have seen posts and such about flashing the radio image and bricking the phone if not correct. So, if I am running froyo 2.2 and am going to flash cyan mod, is my radio compatible without flashing?
    Thanks

Yes, you can brick. If you haven't done any of this before, read a lot first.

You are probably ok with the radio you got on 2.2. But the latest ends in 12_7.

Ck yours under settings/about phone.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Thanks for the reply. I have read alot, but I think one problem with the internet is it dilutes information sometimes (ie. alot of different stuff to go along with correct stuff, but if you are new, it is hard to separate).
    Mine says (under Baseband) "..._4.06.00.12_7". I think that is right, but want to make sure.
    So, are the radio images upgraded for each major Android update or is it a kind of random thing.
    Thanks

You are ok. I don't know what generates a radio update, I would have to research that.

But, with your radio, no need to flash another or the same.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Ok. Thanks.

I agree on the pletherer of guides and info. It took me dozens if hours to sort it out and I am still confused. I did join the XDA and Cyan Forums for additional help.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Yeah. I have spent alot of time myself. Then I found the one click root app, which made it a little easier. But there were other things, mostly compatibility and stuff. ROM manager really makes it easier.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links