Easy Root APP [Instructions]

This is a discussion on Easy Root APP [Instructions] within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by Lost Dog Well, yesterday I jumped on the one click root bandwagon. After a few backups / tests / playing around with ...

Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Easy Root APP [Instructions]

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Dog View Post
    Well, yesterday I jumped on the one click root bandwagon. After a few backups / tests / playing around with CM6 I ended up getting the paid Titanium Backup! That saves a huge amount of time when you have 90+ apps to install!

So far so good... I'm now going to update the kernel and radio.

A few questions... What are you people doing to get the really good battery life? So far with stock CM6 it's no better than before.

In CM6 is it possible to have the apps menu look like Froyo stock? I kind of liked the app icons flowing in to the distance rather than just off the top and bottom of the screen.
    Get setcpu from the market.
    Look at my sig for suggested settings.

And you're right about getting the paid version of Titanium. It really saves time restoring apps.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post

Steps 1-4 is basically just installing the 1click root app to your phone.
    Its good to have Titanium backup and rom manager already installed (you won't be able to use it until you root, but you can still download it.)
    Steps 1-4 install app

step 5 is to root?

Then run Titanium and Rom is that correct? Man I feel like an Aggie right about now. I'm just really paranoid about bricking my phone.
    LOL...Aggies would have iPhones.

That's basically it. Once you root in step 5. That is when I suggest you do the titanium back up. When you run titanium backup, it'll prompt you to install busybox. Make sure you do it. This backup will take about 5-15 minutes depending on how many apps you have.
    To do a Titanium Backup, open the app.
    Press the menu key
    select batch
    Then select "Backup all user apps + data

Also if you are running launcher pro, make sure you save your settings. Menu>pref>Backup Homescreen & settings.

Once everything is backed up, you can now install the rom. Follow step 6 from the first page.
    I ran the app and it says I'm rooted but when I try to run Titanium I get this message:

Sorry I could acquire root privileges. This app will not work please verify that ROM is rooted and includes Busybox
    Androidfied.

Steps 1-4 install app

step 5 is to root?

Then run Titanium and Rom is that correct? Man I feel like an Aggie right about now. I'm just really paranoid about bricking my phone.

That's basically it. Once you root in step 5. That is when I suggest you do the titanium back up. When you run titanium backup, it'll prompt you to install busybox. Make sure you do it. This backup will take about 5-15 minutes depending on how many apps you have.
    Press the menu key
    select batch

Also if you are running launcher pro, make sure you save your settings. Menu>pref>Backup Homescreen & settings.

Once everything is backed up, you can now install the rom. Follow step 6 from the first page.
    I ran the app and it says I'm rooted but when I try to run Titanium I get this message:

Sorry I could acquire root privileges. This app will not work please verify that ROM is rooted and includes Busybox
    Click on the "Problems?" button and it will prompt you to install busybox.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Did you install busybox? If not, open TB and click on "problems" at bottom of screen and install.

Ooops, didn't see your comment at the bottom, iPhoneSlayer
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Steps 1-4 is basically just installing the 1click root app to your phone.
    Its good to have Titanium backup and rom manager already installed (you won't be able to use it until you root, but you can still download it.)
    Steps 1-4 install app

step 5 is to root?

Press the menu key
    select batch

what's the difference between cm6 and cm nightlies?

I'm dl'g CM6 RC3

I'M DOING IT GUYS AFTER I SAID I NEVER WOULD.

So does cm6 comes with 720 recording already or do I have to get a Kernal for that.
    Androidfied.

Comes with 720p .

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Cool! Welcome to the darkside!
    RC3 is the current Release candidate. It's supposed to be more stable than the nightlies (although I'm running a nightly from 3 days ago and it is very stable)
    Nightlies are incremental updates to the current Release Candidate (RC3). They are supposed to be experimental but usually fix bugs in previous nightlies. These nightlies are like building blocks to the next Release candidate or Final release. So they have added features than previous ones.
    RC3 does have 720p and comes with a custom kernal, but some of us like the wildmonks kernals that you have to flash yourself.
    Once you have flashed CM6 RC3, you can start flashing nightlies the sameway. However, you don't have to do a full wipe between nightlies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cool! Welcome to the darkside!
    RC3 is the current Release candidate. It's supposed to be more stable than the nightlies (although I'm running a nightly from 3 days ago and it is very stable)
    Nightlies are incremental updates to the current Release Candidate (RC3). They are supposed to be experimental but usually fix bugs in previous nightlies. These nightlies are like building blocks to the next Release candidate or Final release. So they have added features than previous ones.
    RC3 does have 720p and comes with a custom kernal, but some of us like the wildmonks kernals that you have to flash yourself.
    Once you have flashed CM6 RC3, you can start flashing nightlies the sameway. However, you don't have to do a full wipe between nightlies.
    One more question, what with the 720p for the kernals? Does that just mean the Kernals support 720p

And if I revert back to stock Froyo, will my kernals also go back to original?

It better be worth it dammit.
    Androidfied.

what's the difference between cm6 and cm nightlies?

I'm dl'g CM6 RC3

I'M DOING IT GUYS AFTER I SAID I NEVER WOULD.

So does cm6 comes with 720 recording already or do I have to get a Kernal for that.

WELCOME and Enjoy. Lots of things to get into. Just check them out before hand! I almost messed up by playing with the RADIO but I was ok. I stop, look & listen now....LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Google Nexus One Froyo
    Rooted ~ CM 6RC3~ CM6.0 N1~ Nightlies ~
    Was Using~ eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink
    Was Using~ MicroMod's 2.12 Desire SuperHybrid
    Was Using~ MicroMod's Gingerbread CM7 Custom ROM v1.2 (DT's-Ap2Ext,Bat%,Themed
    Was Using ~ BlackDroid's Nexus One - UD 3.1.0Rom
    Was Using ~ CM 7 Gingerbread Green or Blue ExtremeMod ROM
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

The custom kernel I'm using (Wildmonks) Gives a better FPS with the 720 Cam from what Ive experienced. + it allows for a lil higher OC than the one built into CM6.

And yes if you revert back to stock you will be able to have the original kernel if you so desire.

Its def worth it IMO
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links