Easy Root APP [Instructions]

This is a discussion on Easy Root APP [Instructions] within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; You won't brick the phone. It is a laerning curve and info gathering on knowing ALL steps before flashing. At this point you could probably ...

Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Easy Root APP [Instructions]

You won't brick the phone. It is a laerning curve and info gathering on knowing ALL steps before flashing.

At this point you could probably pull battery.

But, I don't know if you told us all you did prior. I assume you installed Rom Manager from Market and clicked on Flash Clockwork Recovery. Once done you can click on Fix Permissions, it takes awhile to run. Also, check Advanced by hitting phone menu key,settings, advanced mode. This is done while on main RM screen.

Some people reflash CWMod before every rom flashing.

Always Titanium Backup first, if you got that working. I would backup first and independently from flashing your first rom. That way if it stalls you can boot into recovery and restore that backup. At this point we don't know if you have a backup. iPhoneSlayer and Sheanzy are good at talking folks thru problems.

If you use launcherpro, I would back it up thru it's settings. When you run that after flashing it restores all screens.

Sometimes in the beginning people miss some steps. If you do pull the battery and it is still stuck, repull and while off hold down vol- and pwr at same time until screens comes back on. You will then be in recovery. If you have a backup you can restore it. Recovery is a bit wierd. When on the first screen you can hit pwr to go on and off to save battery. But, in any other screen, pwr takes you back a screen. Took me two days of research to figure that out.

Maybe give us an update on all steps prior before pulling battery.

I am a slow typer, you may have it fixed by now. But, you will not brick it.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Ok so I took the battery out and now it's at the ClockworkMod Recovery.

apply sdcard.update.zip
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition
    install zip from sdcard
    backup and restore
    mounts and storage
    advance

what should I do first?
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Well you already had the froyo radio so there is no way its bricked. Sounds like something went wrong with rom manager. I agree tho it shouldn't take that long. did you make a nandroid before flashing cm6?

No didn't know I needed to before hand.
    When you installed the rom, did it ask to "Back up current Rom"?
    Did you check mark this?
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Well you already had the froyo radio so there is no way its bricked. Sounds like something went wrong with rom manager. I agree tho it shouldn't take that long. did you make a nandroid before flashing cm6?

No didn't know I needed to before hand.
    Word. That's ok. You can prob still do it. I had this problem when flashing cm6 to my G1. I found it works better when you dl cm6 and gapps from the xda thread and place then on the root of your sd card. Then do a full wipe and flash in recovery.

nandroid is in the backup options of the recovery.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    what is nandroid? I'm back to stock but now what to ensure I do this properly
    Androidfied.

what is nandroid? I'm back to stock but now what to ensure I do this properly
    Nandroid is like taking an exact image backup of your phones setup. It is recommended that you do a Nandroid before flashing anything. Just a Failsafe method incase something goes wrong.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Try the "Fix Permission" thing I posted a few posts back.
    Then open Rom manager>download rom>Cyanogen mod>rc3, then select yes to gapps, yes to wipe and yes to backup current rom.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Yeah, I tend to do my on dl's from the web site as opposed to the ones provided by RM.

Think he should see if a backup was made and if so, try another flash. Or do a backup now.

Also, would like to know his exact steps before doing the flash. Where did he get the dl's from and did he do an add .zip for gapps at that prompt.

If you want to dl the rom and gapps and copy to sd root, here are the cyan links:

Index of /cm/nightly/passion/

Nexus One - CyanogenMod Forum

And the CM6 site/forum I frequent:

Google Nexus One Experimental Mod - CyanogenMod Forum

Late Post
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post

I find this necessary, otherwise it goes to the Android guy with the exclamation point in the triangle.

This might have to do with the 1-click root method (or so it's been hinted at by others).

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post

I find this necessary, otherwise it goes to the Android guy with the exclamation point in the triangle.

This might have to do with the 1-click root method (or so it's been hinted at by others).
    Yup, I think it is... I had that exact same problem after 1-click. I messed around with it for a while and reflashed CWMod and everything was good.

There's been a lot of talk on different forums about the Korean radio. Don't bother... I've flashed it and have no speed increase. It's a risky update that I've gotten no gain from.

Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links