Easy Root APP [Instructions]

This is a discussion on Easy Root APP [Instructions] within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by rugmankc Slim, A question: Since I already had Amon on my phone flashed thru ADB, it was there as an alternative, and ...

Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Easy Root APP [Instructions]

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Slim,

A question: Since I already had Amon on my phone flashed thru ADB, it was there as an alternative, and yes, easy to switch back and forth. If you don't already have it, is it there by default. If you are same as me, maybe some of the one clickers know. Just curious. If not, can you get Amon as a .zip? Haven't looked into that. Amon is rock solid.

Ken
    I too flashed AmonRa as an .img with ADB when i first rooted. Afaik that and Rom manager are the only ways to flash it. Rom Manager really makes it easy on the user. But amon ra must be reflashed if switching from clockwork.

I think i answered your question. If not let me know.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

I am not sure, I guess not. Main question, if you did the one click and have Clockwork and Rom Manager. Is Amon already there as an alternative recovery. Or, do we only have it because it was alraedy on our phone.

I don't know if you can get Amon on you phone without using ADB. That's what I am not sure about.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I am not sure, I guess not. Main question, if you did the one click and have Clockwork and Rom Manager. Is Amon already there as an alternative recovery. Or, do we only have it because it was alraedy on our phone.

I don't know if you can get Amon on you phone without using ADB. That's what I am not sure about.

Ken
    Well I put CM6 RC3 on my G1 and had to use AmonRa because I had issues with the latest version of Clockwork.

I used Rom Manager to Flash AmonRa. its in the options in rom manager under Flash alternate Recovery.

Does that option not work for you?
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Thanks a lot Slim! That was easy, but also somewhat scary. what a wuss hehe.

N1 - Enomther's TheOfficial Nexus1 (Froyo)

Quote Originally Posted by paintedsounds View Post
    Thanks a lot Slim! That was easy, but also somewhat scary. what a wuss hehe.

N1 - Enomther's TheOfficial Nexus1 (Froyo)
    No Problem

Its always a lil scary the first time. Thats why Nandroid is your Best friend when it comes to new roms
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Hey everyone just wanted to let you know that I'm moving this in here as I feel this more a hacking rooting job now and not just the app alone and will request this to put up as a sticky as this is a very resourceful tool for the noobs and people who want to use this to root their phone. Unfortunately I don't have access to the sticky for this forum section.

Hope y'all understand.

Thanks.
    Androidfied.

+1 for the Sticky!
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post

Ken
    Well I put CM6 RC3 on my G1 and had to use AmonRa because I had issues with the latest version of Clockwork.

I used Rom Manager to Flash AmonRa. its in the options in rom manager under Flash alternate Recovery.

Slim,

That does answer my question. It must be there by default whether you already had it on your phone or not. I thought you had flashed Amon thru ADB before you got Rom Manager. That's what I did. Now I know.

Thanks,

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Hey everyone just wanted to let you know that I'm moving this in here as I feel this more a hacking rooting job now and not just the app alone and will request this to put up as a sticky as this is a very resourceful tool for the noobs and people who want to use this to root their phone. Unfortunately I don't have access to the sticky for this forum section.

Hope y'all understand.

Thanks.
    Thanks! +1 for sticky as well!

Ken
    I did the 1 click method only and I am accessible to Amon as an alternative recovery via ROM Manager.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post

Ken

Slim,

That does answer my question. It must be there by default whether you already had it on your phone or not. I thought you had flashed Amon thru ADB before you got Rom Manager. That's what I did. Now I know.

Thanks,

Ken
    Ah ok I see now what you meant earlier.

I always thought you had to unlock the bootloader first to flash a custom recovery. This 1 click method just sidesteps it altogether. Don't understand how but hey it works so who cares
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links