Easy Root APP [Instructions]

This is a discussion on Easy Root APP [Instructions] within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by rugmankc Slim, A question: Since I already had Amon on my phone flashed thru ADB, it was there as an alternative, and ...

Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 466

Thread: Easy Root APP [Instructions]

  1. #251
    Super Moderator sliceburgslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    66
    Thanked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Slim,

    A question: Since I already had Amon on my phone flashed thru ADB, it was there as an alternative, and yes, easy to switch back and forth. If you don't already have it, is it there by default. If you are same as me, maybe some of the one clickers know. Just curious. If not, can you get Amon as a .zip? Haven't looked into that. Amon is rock solid.

    Ken
    I too flashed AmonRa as an .img with ADB when i first rooted. Afaik that and Rom manager are the only ways to flash it. Rom Manager really makes it easy on the user. But amon ra must be reflashed if switching from clockwork.

    I think i answered your question. If not let me know.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

    [ROM] CM11 Nightlies

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    [TABLET] Nexus 7

    [ROM] CM11 Nightlies

  2. #252
    Android Master rugmankc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,955
    I am not sure, I guess not. Main question, if you did the one click and have Clockwork and Rom Manager. Is Amon already there as an alternative recovery. Or, do we only have it because it was alraedy on our phone.

    I don't know if you can get Amon on you phone without using ADB. That's what I am not sure about.

    Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


    San Francisco Giants

  3. #253
    Super Moderator sliceburgslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    66
    Thanked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    I am not sure, I guess not. Main question, if you did the one click and have Clockwork and Rom Manager. Is Amon already there as an alternative recovery. Or, do we only have it because it was alraedy on our phone.

    I don't know if you can get Amon on you phone without using ADB. That's what I am not sure about.

    Ken
    Well I put CM6 RC3 on my G1 and had to use AmonRa because I had issues with the latest version of Clockwork.

    I used Rom Manager to Flash AmonRa. its in the options in rom manager under Flash alternate Recovery.

    Does that option not work for you?
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

    [ROM] CM11 Nightlies

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    [TABLET] Nexus 7

    [ROM] CM11 Nightlies

  4. #254
    Junior Member paintedsounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks a lot Slim! That was easy, but also somewhat scary. what a wuss hehe.


    N1 - Enomther's TheOfficial Nexus1 (Froyo)

  5. #255
    Super Moderator sliceburgslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    66
    Thanked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by paintedsounds View Post
    Thanks a lot Slim! That was easy, but also somewhat scary. what a wuss hehe.


    N1 - Enomther's TheOfficial Nexus1 (Froyo)
    No Problem

    Its always a lil scary the first time. Thats why Nandroid is your Best friend when it comes to new roms
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

    [ROM] CM11 Nightlies

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    [TABLET] Nexus 7

    [ROM] CM11 Nightlies

  6. #256
    Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Thanked
    10 times
    Hey everyone just wanted to let you know that I'm moving this in here as I feel this more a hacking rooting job now and not just the app alone and will request this to put up as a sticky as this is a very resourceful tool for the noobs and people who want to use this to root their phone. Unfortunately I don't have access to the sticky for this forum section.

    Hope y'all understand.

    Thanks.
    Androidfied.

  7. #257
    Super Moderator sliceburgslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    66
    Thanked
    14 times
    +1 for the Sticky!
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

    [ROM] CM11 Nightlies

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    [TABLET] Nexus 7

    [ROM] CM11 Nightlies

  8. #258
    Android Master rugmankc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,955
    Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    I am not sure, I guess not. Main question, if you did the one click and have Clockwork and Rom Manager. Is Amon already there as an alternative recovery. Or, do we only have it because it was alraedy on our phone.

    I don't know if you can get Amon on you phone without using ADB. That's what I am not sure about.

    Ken
    Well I put CM6 RC3 on my G1 and had to use AmonRa because I had issues with the latest version of Clockwork.

    I used Rom Manager to Flash AmonRa. its in the options in rom manager under Flash alternate Recovery.

    Does that option not work for you?
    Slim,

    That does answer my question. It must be there by default whether you already had it on your phone or not. I thought you had flashed Amon thru ADB before you got Rom Manager. That's what I did. Now I know.


    Thanks,

    Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


    San Francisco Giants

  9. #259
    Senior Member Sheanzy_nexusone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    Hey everyone just wanted to let you know that I'm moving this in here as I feel this more a hacking rooting job now and not just the app alone and will request this to put up as a sticky as this is a very resourceful tool for the noobs and people who want to use this to root their phone. Unfortunately I don't have access to the sticky for this forum section.

    Hope y'all understand.

    Thanks.
    Thanks! +1 for sticky as well!


    Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    I am not sure, I guess not. Main question, if you did the one click and have Clockwork and Rom Manager. Is Amon already there as an alternative recovery. Or, do we only have it because it was alraedy on our phone.

    I don't know if you can get Amon on you phone without using ADB. That's what I am not sure about.

    Ken
    I did the 1 click method only and I am accessible to Amon as an alternative recovery via ROM Manager.


    --> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

    --> ...a Gingerbread ROM




    - Our handicapped puppy -

    *Follow me on Twitter



    EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

  10. #260
    Super Moderator sliceburgslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    66
    Thanked
    14 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    I am not sure, I guess not. Main question, if you did the one click and have Clockwork and Rom Manager. Is Amon already there as an alternative recovery. Or, do we only have it because it was alraedy on our phone.

    I don't know if you can get Amon on you phone without using ADB. That's what I am not sure about.

    Ken
    Well I put CM6 RC3 on my G1 and had to use AmonRa because I had issues with the latest version of Clockwork.

    I used Rom Manager to Flash AmonRa. its in the options in rom manager under Flash alternate Recovery.

    Does that option not work for you?
    Slim,

    That does answer my question. It must be there by default whether you already had it on your phone or not. I thought you had flashed Amon thru ADB before you got Rom Manager. That's what I did. Now I know.


    Thanks,

    Ken
    Ah ok I see now what you meant earlier.

    I always thought you had to unlock the bootloader first to flash a custom recovery. This 1 click method just sidesteps it altogether. Don't understand how but hey it works so who cares
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

    [ROM] CM11 Nightlies

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    [TABLET] Nexus 7

    [ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Problems in opening picture text messages
    By Epic Forums User in forum Samsung Epic 4G
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-19-2010, 12:45 AM

Search tags for this page

download fu goo
,
download fu goo apk
,
easy ouya root
,
easy root app
,
easy root instructions
,

fu goo android download

,

fu goo apk

,

fu goo apk download

,
fu goo download
,
fu goo.apk
,
how to root ouya
,
install foo goo apk
,
ouya rooting instructions
,
root any android fast easy step by step
,
unrevoked apk download
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum