Easy Root APP [Instructions]

This is a discussion on Easy Root APP [Instructions] within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I'm now Cyanogen'ed. Cute cyan coloured android robot on boot up. The key to getting past the triangle was needing to re-flash the clockworkmod recovery. ...

Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Easy Root APP [Instructions]

I'm now Cyanogen'ed. Cute cyan coloured android robot on boot up. The key to getting past the triangle was needing to re-flash the clockworkmod recovery. Now it installed properly.

Major problem though on first boot - it was all in german. Had to go in and out of a lot of menus to find how to switch it back to English (and I understand German even).

Now I don't have a market app so I can't get titanium backup to restore my apps/data. I guess the market app is part of the google apps package thing. I'm assuming that I need to re-flash clockworkmod recovery one more time and then install the gapps.zip rom via rom manager too.

update: yup, thankfully cyanogen comes with ROM Manager pre-installed so I could install the gapps.zip collection. I don't know what I would have done if it wasn't installed. I don't know how I'd get anything. But it is, so it's cool. Now booting up with hopefully a market app so I can go get titanium backup and get my desktop/apps/data back and I'll be done. Ready for new cool apps

edit: slightly concerned about installing gapps, after the boot everything is green again (as if cyanogen had been wiped). It was going through the gapps wizard. Once you get through it, you're back to the blueness again. Phew, thought I'd screwed that step up.

Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post
    I'm now Cyanogen'ed. Cute cyan coloured android robot on boot up. The key to getting past the triangle was needing to re-flash the clockworkmod recovery. Now it installed properly.

Major problem though on first boot - it was all in german. Had to go in and out of a lot of menus to find how to switch it back to English (and I understand German even).

Now I don't have a market app so I can't get titanium backup. I guess that's part of the google apps package thing. I'm assuming that I need to re-flash clockworkmod recovery one more time and then install the gapps.zip rom via rom manager too.
    Good job....

You didn't check "Google Apps" when you installed?

You should be able to download the GAPPS.ZIP file and install it using Clockworkmod recovery (via the "install from zip" option).

Just remember to reflash the Clockworkmod recovery before you reboot.

The easiest way might just be to reinstall Cyanogenmod using ROM Manager, just make sure you check Google Apps this time.

Yes and do a back up before you flash gapps. Glad you got it working.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Now I don't have a market app so I can't get titanium backup. I guess that's part of the google apps package thing. I'm assuming that I need to re-flash clockworkmod recovery one more time and then install the gapps.zip rom via rom manager too.

Go to the original post of this thread and I included a video on how to flash Google APPS. I just shot it last night, so it's new. Check it out and that will solve your Market, GTalk, and GMail issues(and the rest of the Google Apps).

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Yes, I'd selected GAPPS also I just hadn't installed it yet. I believe you need to flash the clockworkmod recovery once per install. First for cyanogen, then reboot, go into ROM Manager again, flash clockworkmod recovery once again and then install GAPPS. If in between those two installs you go noseying around in the cyanogen screens you get a bit scared that you haven't got the market app. I didn't know that was part of GAPPS.

Well, I'm all cyanogen'ed up, got my gapps, restored all my apps/data with titanium backup's restore. All seems stable. The only negative I've got is that all the shortcuts and widgets aren't on the 5 desktop screens. They're all in the launcher, just not on the home screens. I'm thankful that I took 5 photos of how I had them laid out. Just half an hour of creating shortcuts ahead of me now. That'll be enough for today :D Tomorrow, discovering all the new joyous root-only apps that I can install and playing with the 720p camera, touch to focus, setcpu etc etc :D

If you selected Gapps from ROM Manager during install of Cyangenmod, it should install BOTH Cyanogenmod and Gapps at the same time......

Anyway, good work.... and welcome to the club....

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    If you selected Gapps from ROM Manager during install of Cyangenmod, it should install BOTH Cyanogenmod and Gapps at the same time......

Live and learn. Glad it wasn't a fatal mistake

I've been looking through the huge increase in the number of configurable options now. Holy moly this thing is tweakable. I've already uninstalled "Battery lite" which was showing me my battery percentage on the status bar. No need for that now it's built-in and looks way better. I thought about using the new trackball to wake or trackball to unlock built-in options, but I quite like the simplicity of the "no lock" widget so I'll stick with that. Damn, I should be working right now but this has re-invigorated that first-month excitement of when you first get your first android phone. So much to discover. Not a chore at all, a voyage of discovery :D

Thanks to all in this thread for your great assistance. I'm pretty sure I would have given up at least on 3 different points during the process. All it takes is one small point (like flashing clockworkmod every time) and it's a brick wall in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post

Live and learn. Glad it wasn't a fatal mistake

I've been looking through the huge increase in the number of configurable options now. Holy moly this thing is tweakable. I've already uninstalled "Battery lite" which was showing me my battery percentage on the status bar. No need for that now it's built-in and looks way better. I thought about using the new trackball to wake or trackball to unlock built-in options, but I quite like the simplicity of the "no lock" widget so I'll stick with that. Damn, I should be working right now but this has re-invigorated that first-month excitement of when you first get your first android phone. So much to discover. Not a chore at all, a voyage of discovery :D

Thanks to all in this thread for your great assistance. I'm pretty sure I would have given up at least on 3 different points during the process. All it takes is one small point (like flashing clockworkmod every time) and it's a brick wall in front of you.
    Everyone.... can I say it? .... craps their pants the first time they boot and see the Android guy!

Glad to have you on board. You're not the only one that's been rejuvenated by installing CM6....

I also removed Battery Info, the numbers in the battery status are the best. So many nice things about the interface settings in CM.

Is it my imagination or did installing CM6 secretly do a backdoor upgrade of my battery ? It feels like it's using power at half its normal rate. I don't even have SetCPU installed. I always thought I'd get it if I ever rooted, but with CM6 I really don't feel the need to. I probably will one day though, if there's a way of buying by donation rather than having to use google checkout. Personally, I think the way Titanium Backup works (by paying via paypal and receiving a keyfile) is the best way of paying for apps. With all the data-mining google does, I really don't want to hand my credit card info over to them.

Now I don't need a wifi fixer, I don't need nolock (although I still use it), and I don't need battery info app (to put battery info on the statusbar), I'm wondering just what apps I do need. Just installing CM6 seems to have solved all my issues

Is it my imagination or did installing CM6 secretly do a backdoor upgrade of my battery ? It feels like it's using power at half its normal rate. I don't even have SetCPU installed. I always thought I'd get it if I ever rooted, but with CM6 I really don't feel the need to. I probably will one day though, if there's a way of buying by donation rather than having to use google checkout. Personally, I think the way Titanium Backup works (by paying via paypal and receiving a keyfile) is the best way of paying for apps. With all the data-mining google does, I really don't want to hand my credit card info over to them.

Now I don't need a wifi fixer, I don't need nolock (although I still use it), and I don't need battery info app (to put battery info on the statusbar), I'm wondering just what apps I do need. Just installing CM6 seems to have solved all my issues
    That's awesome Yo! Another Satisfied a root user
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links