Easy Root APP [Instructions]

This is a discussion on Easy Root APP [Instructions] within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I seem to have lost my camera app... and I'm not able to restore it with Titanium. Any sugestions? Edit: I'm an idiot... The shortcut ...

Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Easy Root APP [Instructions]

I seem to have lost my camera app... and I'm not able to restore it with Titanium. Any sugestions?

Edit: I'm an idiot... The shortcut didn't sync properly and I had the app hidden in Launcher Pro so I thought it was gone. All is good.

Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post
    Is it my imagination or did installing CM6 secretly do a backdoor upgrade of my battery ? It feels like it's using power at half its normal rate. I don't even have SetCPU installed. I always thought I'd get it if I ever rooted, but with CM6 I really don't feel the need to. I probably will one day though, if there's a way of buying by donation rather than having to use google checkout. Personally, I think the way Titanium Backup works (by paying via paypal and receiving a keyfile) is the best way of paying for apps. With all the data-mining google does, I really don't want to hand my credit card info over to them.

Now I don't need a wifi fixer, I don't need nolock (although I still use it), and I don't need battery info app (to put battery info on the statusbar), I'm wondering just what apps I do need. Just installing CM6 seems to have solved all my issues
    Not your imagination. It's very real . Battery life is AMAZING with CM6.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Quote Originally Posted by jonno2k View Post
    I seem to have lost my camera app... and I'm not able to restore it with Titanium. Any sugestions?

Edit: I'm an idiot... The shortcut didn't sync properly and I had the app hidden in Launcher Pro so I thought it was gone. All is good.
    Whew... you had me scared there are a minute....:rofl3:

Is it my imagination or did installing CM6 secretly do a backdoor upgrade of my battery ? It feels like it's using power at half its normal rate. I don't even have SetCPU installed. I always thought I'd get it if I ever rooted, but with CM6 I really don't feel the need to. I probably will one day though, if there's a way of buying by donation rather than having to use google checkout. Personally, I think the way Titanium Backup works (by paying via paypal and receiving a keyfile) is the best way of paying for apps. With all the data-mining google does, I really don't want to hand my credit card info over to them.

Now I don't need a wifi fixer, I don't need nolock (although I still use it), and I don't need battery info app (to put battery info on the statusbar), I'm wondering just what apps I do need. Just installing CM6 seems to have solved all my issues
    If you are a xda member, you can get setcpu for free. But I still got the paid app to support the dev and because I'm a billionaire.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=505419
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Always support the devs,

dd4005,

Vlingo has done surpriseling well for me.

Good phone management apps from Market:

Linda Manager
    Root Explorer
    Websharing
    Password Keeper
    Root Explorer
    APN backup
    Folder Organizer
    drocap2
    History Erasure
    Auto Starts
    Auto Mount
    Album Art
    And Explorer
    Quick System Info

Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    If you are a xda member, you can get setcpu for free.
    I'm an XDA member now I got it, but I think I'll give this new CM6 a couple of weeks usage so I get a feel for how long the battery lasts before I think about trying out SetCPU. Right now I'd have no reference point to know if I made it better or worse. Good to see he put in a "buy me a beer" type link on that XDA page.

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    I still got the paid app to support the dev and because I'm a billionaire.
    Good to know there's a fellow billionaire on here. I didn't want to think I was the only one here :rofl3:

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Always support the devs,
    dd4005,
    I hope I haven't given the impression I'm a non-dev-supporter. Quite the opposite, I'm always donating voluntarily via paypal to support my fellow devs.

Linda Manager
    Root Explorer
    Websharing
    Password Keeper
    Root Explorer
    APN backup
    Folder Organizer
    drocap2
    History Erasure
    Auto Starts
    Auto Mount
    Album Art
    And Explorer
    Quick System Info
    That looks like a good half hour of new app discovery to try out at the weekend. Cheers
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

I have and like them all!
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

New to rooting and have run into a problem. I make it all the way to step 14 and when the phone reboots I get a screen showing the android with a triangle with an exclamation point inside of it This does not go away and the only thing I can do is pull the battery and reboot and I am back to my regular stock rom

I'm now Cyanogen'ed. Cute cyan coloured android robot on boot up. The key to getting past the triangle was needing to re-flash the clockworkmod recovery. Now it installed properly.

Major problem though on first boot - it was all in german. Had to go in and out of a lot of menus to find how to switch it back to English (and I understand German even).

Now I don't have a market app so I can't get titanium backup to restore my apps/data. I guess the market app is part of the google apps package thing. I'm assuming that I need to re-flash clockworkmod recovery one more time and then install the gapps.zip rom via rom manager too.

update: yup, thankfully cyanogen comes with ROM Manager pre-installed so I could install the gapps.zip collection. I don't know what I would have done if it wasn't installed. I don't know how I'd get anything. But it is, so it's cool. Now booting up with hopefully a market app so I can go get titanium backup and get my desktop/apps/data back and I'll be done. Ready for new cool apps

edit: slightly concerned about installing gapps, after the boot everything is green again (as if cyanogen had been wiped). It was going through the gapps wizard. Once you get through it, you're back to the blueness again. Phew, thought I'd screwed that step up.
    sounds exactly like my issue going to try this

****Worked perfectly thanks for the info!!!!****

Always support the devs,

dd4005,

Linda Manager
    Root Explorer
    Websharing
    Password Keeper
    Root Explorer
    APN backup
    Folder Organizer
    drocap2
    History Erasure
    Auto Starts
    Auto Mount
    Album Art
    And Explorer
    Quick System Info
    cool list, must try it out this weekend haha...

and true.. must support devs.. it's their hard work that makes our phones so much fun~!!

Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links