Easy Root APP [Instructions]

This is a discussion on Easy Root APP [Instructions] within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Get Launcher Pro Plus. I don't use LauncherPro , only ProPlus. I haven't experienced any lag at all. If problems persist, I would recommend using ...

Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Easy Root APP [Instructions]

Get Launcher Pro Plus. I don't use LauncherPro , only ProPlus. I haven't experienced any lag at all.

If problems persist, I would recommend using the launcher that comes stock with Cyanogen(ADW Launcher). This launcher is very good and can be themed.

The second option is flashing a different kernel. I prefer WildMonks =).

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    Get Launcher Pro Plus. I don't use LauncherPro , only ProPlus. I haven't experienced any lag at all.

If problems persist, I would recommend using the launcher that comes stock with Cyanogen(ADW Launcher). This launcher is very good and can be themed.

The second option is flashing a different kernel. I prefer WildMonks =).
    Sorry I didn't clarify but I actually am using the plus version. I will try another kernel though and hopefully that will solve the problem. Thanks

Do you have any high data apps running? I would flash one of WildMonks kernel or use ADW if problems continue.

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

*Follow me on Twitter

Do you have any high data apps running? I would flash one of WildMonks kernel or use ADW if problems continue.
    I figured out what the problem was late last night. I had to go through LP's settings along with CM's and turn off all of the home screen in memory options. Kind of strange that this would have an actual negative effect when it should actually make it less laggy. Only thing I can figure is that it eats up way too much memory which seems unlikely being every thing else runs lag free but whatever I got my lag free home screens back. :-)

Upgraded to FRG33 rather than CM6

Hello folks,

Great thread. I went through the old thing before proceeding and it certainly helped a lot

Thanks everybody who contributed their little bit in this thread (not to mention the orginal poster )

-----

I have root access using the 1-click ROOT mentioned in this thread instead of the earlier (original) method of unlocking the bootloader. Hence my bootloader is still locked.

I installed ROM manager and Titanium Backup.
    Used Titanium to backup all my apps along with their settings, etc.

After this I installed(flashed) Clockwork Recovery using ROM manager but the first time I booted into recovery, it showed my the stock Android recovery.
    I guess this the same "problem" that dd4005 ran into since both us have locked bootloaders ?

Therefore I had to "Flash Clockwork Recovery" again from ROM Manager.
    After this I performed a Nandroid Backup just to be on the safe side
    Instead of going to CM6 like everyone here has, I thought about trying FRG33 which has been nicely repacked by Paul at MoDaCo.

I downloaded the "Rooted / deodexed / busybox / trackball alert / FRF91 fingerprint with radio update zip download" version of FRG33 from here:

03/Sep - FRG33 build info and repacks (stock / rooted / deodexed) - Android @ MoDaCo

I then renamed it to update.zip and copied it over to the sdcard.

Then I had to flash Clockwork Recovery again because Stock recovery came back

After this I was able to "apply sdcard:update.zip" from Clockwork Recovery.
    This update.zip contained the new Korean Radio as well. After some updating, it asked me to reboot and after this it continued with the update.

I was quite scared at this point since the Nexus One startup animation seemed to go on forever but after a while my Home Screen came alive.

And, Viola !
    It seems that this did not really wipe my phone's data at all since all my apps and settings and everything basically from FRF91 is intact.
    I am rooted as well since that was the ROM I chose.

I am guessing this is the case since I did not wipe the phone (or the cache) or is it because I used the "apply sdcard:update.zip" method rather than "Install zip from sdcard" method.

Are these two different ?

In any case, I dont mind, I think I'll stick with FRG33 for a while still before I jump to CM6 and other custom ROMs !

A wipe was not needed since you were really just updating FroYo.

Also, as I've said many times, it looks like the recovery doesn't stick for locked bootloaders.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

gotunandan

That rom doesn't root you, unless I misunderstood. It is for rooted phones. You will gat all back if you do wipe before flashing new roms etc. That will happen by restoring with Titanium and initially running your launche, like LauncherPro.

You did a good job on first attempt, pays to read and search. Wish all would do that.

FRG33 is alraedy incorporated into CM6's latest nightly build. FYI.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

The problem that a few of you have ran into is something that I had no issue with. I guess it may be user or hardware error. I never had to re-flash ClockWork or any of that.

Considering quite a few of you are running into this problem, I think I'm going to include in the OP to re-flash ClockWork if you run into issues, as this is the route most of you have taken in order to get it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by gotunandan View Post

In any case, I dont mind, I think I'll stick with FRG33 for a while still before I jump to CM6 and other custom ROMs !
    I would recommend downloading and flashing CM6. Personally, It's not worth sitting on FRG33 and missing out on some Cyanogen. As rugmankc said, FRG33 is already incorporated into the nightlies. However, I would urge you to flash CM6 and enjoy it, because you're definitely missing out.

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

*Follow me on Twitter

The problem that a few of you have ran into is something that I had no issue with. I guess it may be user or hardware error. I never had to re-flash ClockWork or any of that.

Considering quite a few of you are running into this problem, I think I'm going to include in the OP to re-flash ClockWork if you run into issues, as this is the route most of you have taken in order to get it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by gotunandan View Post

I would recommend downloading and flashing CM6. Personally, It's not worth sitting on FRG33 and missing out on some Cyanogen. As rugmankc said, FRG33 is already incorporated into the nightlies. However, I would urge you to flash CM6 and enjoy it, because you're definitely missing out.
    My CW Recovery never has to be reflashed either. I reflashed a few times before but it was not needed. I have flashed a lot of nightlies and had no problems with CW recovery. It's interesting that alot of posters are having issues though.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post

My CW Recovery never has to be reflashed either. I reflashed a few times before but it was not needed. I have flashed a lot of nightlies and had no problems with CW recovery. It's interesting that alot of posters are having issues though.
    I know, I'm just not seeing why. It could have something to do with the new ROM Manager update. It didn't update recently didn't it? I flashed it way before the update and I'm sure you did too.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that is the reason why.

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

*Follow me on Twitter

Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links