Easy Root APP [Instructions]

This is a discussion on Easy Root APP [Instructions] within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by Sheanzy Did you use my guide? If so, I hope it helped!! Also, I did get your invite on GTalk and I ...

Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Easy Root APP [Instructions]

Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post

Did you use my guide? If so, I hope it helped!! Also, I did get your invite on GTalk and I accepted.

If you have any issues, just send me a msg! Enjoy CM6!:nexusx:
    Yes I did and it was very easy very quick and painless. Im playing around with some of the settings now. Some times getting undesired results and then not knowing how I got them lol. I fell asleep in the living room with my phone charging via USB to my lap top. It appears to charge slow as hell this way now(in my head?) and I pulled it off with only 24% charged and it seamed to go down real quick too. Im hoping one major thing I can get out of this is better battery life(my battery health might not be the best tho, says "good")

Record a test video in 720p and awe at its greatness. Also, tweak your trackball colors for most notifications (Gmail,GTalk,Messaging, ect)
    According to the other threads I was reading dont we need to flash a custom kernal for that or is that if we want a faster FPS?

Quote Originally Posted by SRAD600 View Post

Did you use my guide? If so, I hope it helped!! Also, I did get your invite on GTalk and I accepted.

Yes I did and it was very easy very quick and painless. Im playing around with some of the settings now. Some times getting undesired results and then not knowing how I got them lol. I fell asleep in the living room with my phone charging via USB to my lap top. It appears to charge slow as hell this way now(in my head?) and I pulled it off with only 24% charged and it seamed to go down real quick too. Im hoping one major thing I can get out of this is better battery life(my battery health might not be the best tho, says "good")

Record a test video in 720p and awe at its greatness. Also, tweak your trackball colors for most notifications (Gmail,GTalk,Messaging, ect)
    According to the other threads I was reading dont we need to flash a custom kernal for that or is that if we want a faster FPS?
    Do you have SetCPU? You can set profiles where your processor slows to a set speed if you are charging. That way it's using less battery when charging up. I feel that my phone charges faster now. It even has a USB setting.

Here's a link to help you with a few settings and save you some time
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...eks-guide.html
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post

Do you have SetCPU? You can set profiles where your processor slows to a set speed if you are charging. That way it's using less battery when charging up. I feel that my phone charges faster now. It even has a USB setting.

Here's a link to help you with a few settings and save you some time
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...eks-guide.html
    I do have it. I DLed it even before I got CM6 and started playing with it. Im not 100% sure Ive got it down pat yet but Im learning. For example. I turned my speeds up when charging figuring I didnt need to save battery life then so why not have it run fast as hell. Not thinking about the fact it would charge slower.

Thanks for that link. I wonder if some one wouldnt mind sharing their SetCPU settings that is getting great battery life?

Sure, here's mine:
    Scaling is ondemand and set on boot is checked.
    MAIN
    *1152 max
    Charging/Full
    *537 max
    Battery<16%
    *537 max
    Temp >41.7 C
    *460 max
    Screen Off
    *499 max
    All minimums are set to 245. And if you're wondering how my max is at 1152, is because I flashed a custom kernal that enables a max of 1267.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Im having troubles locating my SD card once my phone is plugged into my comp. wheres it located?

obviously im a total noob when it comes to this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by eZdoesit View Post
    Im having troubles locating my SD card once my phone is plugged into my comp. wheres it located?

obviously im a total noob when it comes to this stuff
    I've only connected my phone to my computer maybe twice; so I really don't remember the steps. When you connect your phone to the computer, look at the status bar on your phone and I think an options is there to "mount your sd card"

Remember to dismount before disconnecting.

Also I think it's a good idea to select USB Debugging.
    Go to settings>applications>Development>check USB debugging
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sure, here's mine:
    MAIN
    *1152 max
    Charging/Full
    *537 max
    Battery<16%
    *537 max
    Temp >41.7 C
    *460 max
    Screen Off
    *499 max
    All minimums are set to 245. And if you're wondering how my max is at 1152, is because I flashed a custom kernal that enables a max of 1267.
    And your battery life is pretty good? I had my main kinda the same, my battery % one was set to start around 35% not 16 and my screen off I had max of 245 but my charging one was WAY off lol.

still cant locate the sd card. i have the file open to view all the files on the phone, but no SD card.

Quote Originally Posted by eZdoesit View Post
    still cant locate the sd card. i have the file open to view all the files on the phone, but no SD card.
    If your exploring the phone on the computer then that is the SD card. Is there a folder or something on there called DCIM? andro...something or other? I think your looking at the sd card bro.

Sure, here's mine:
    MAIN
    *1152 max
    Charging/Full
    *537 max
    Battery<16%
    *537 max
    Temp >41.7 C
    *460 max
    Screen Off
    *499 max
    And your battery life is pretty good? I had my main kinda the same, my battery % one was set to start around 35% not 16 and my screen off I had max of 245 but my charging one was WAY off lol.
    I have no complaints on my battery life now. Maybe it's the kernal I'm using. Sheanzy told me about it and it's been great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links