Easy Root APP [Instructions]

This is a discussion on Easy Root APP [Instructions] within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by jimbobalu After all my reading about modifying my N1 I still don't quite understand all the terminology. If I have Ti Backup ...

Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Easy Root APP [Instructions]

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobalu View Post
    After all my reading about modifying my N1 I still don't quite understand all the terminology. If I have Ti Backup do I need to nandroid? If I have ROM Manager do I need to nandroid? Is nandroid a complete backup of enerything, OS, data, settings, etc.. and Ti and ROM Manager aren't? I want too try a custom ROM but am still cautious.

1-Click rooted N1 FRF91

Thanks
    Yes. Yes. and Yes.

You need Titanium Backup so that when you flash a ROM you can simply click to restore all your Applications and Data without manually downloading each and every one.

You need to do a Nandroid backup before flashing because if things go south, you will have a backup of your CURRENT ROM/SETTINGS/APPLICATIONS. Meaning if you try to root and you mess up, you can always go back to the way things used to be.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

I am still a little confused about nandroid, you don't mention doing a nandroid backup until just before the kernal update. Shouldn't this be done before you apply the new ROM? I thought Ti Backup did all apps and settings and ROM Manager backs up the ROM, so what is left for nandroid to backup? Is nandroid like a snapshot of everything so it is a 1 step process to restore a nandroid backup, no apps, data or settings to re-install?

1 more thing, does this affect the SD card in any way?

Thanks for fielding my newb questions.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobalu View Post
    I am still a little confused about nandroid, you don't mention doing a nandroid backup until just before the kernal update. Shouldn't this be done before you apply the new ROM? I thought Ti Backup did all apps and settings and ROM Manager backs up the ROM, so what is left for nandroid to backup? Is nandroid like a snapshot of everything so it is a 1 step process to restore a nandroid backup, no apps, data or settings to re-install?

1 more thing, does this affect the SD card in any way?

Thanks for fielding my newb questions.
    It will ask you to backup your current ROM before you flash (STEP 12). Just as a precautionary, boot into recovery and do a NANDROID backup.

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

*Follow me on Twitter

what will happen if i forgot to check the clear data/wipe box? My phone restarted and it is at the part where the cyanogen logo pops up with the laser going around it. It's been doing that for at least 10 mins. now. What do i do? Scared i messed my phone up. Please help me

Fixed the problem and running on CM 6 now.

Thanks for the steps!
    current: miui -1217
    previous: cm6.1.1

Jon P

You didn't break the phone, but you gave no info on what you were doing. Rebooting, pulling battery, backing up, flashing. Need specifics and phone info.

If it keeps going you can pull battery. What's next depends on what you have already done to the phone.

Then some good troubleshooters here can help you.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Sheanzy,

I got a link to WildMonks page, with a lot of good kernal info and dl links. I can post it here if you want, since this is kinda your thread. May help some folks understand better that haven't done any research.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Sheanzy,

I got a link to WildMonkeys page, with a lot of good kernal info and dl links. I can post it here if you want, since this is kinda your thread. May help some folks understand better that haven't done any research.

Ken
    Do it!!! lol Or at least PM it to me? I was just talking to him on Gtalk and hes going for a run and I cant wait over 30 mins for this info...you guys are turning me into modding my phone junkies....its worse then wanting to mod my bikes.
    Rooted N1 (Im a 1 clicker)
    CM6 RC3 no nightlies

Done! PM'd the link to you.

I will be down for awhile too.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Sheanzy,

I got a link to WildMonkeys page, with a lot of good kernal info and dl links. I can post it here if you want, since this is kinda your thread. May help some folks understand better that haven't done any research.

Ken
    You can go ahead and post it! Unless you want me to include it in the OP. I will give you the cred though! Btw, thanks for helping out on this thread!

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

*Follow me on Twitter

Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links