Easy Root APP [Instructions]

This is a discussion on Easy Root APP [Instructions] within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by SRAD600 Do it!!! lol Or at least PM it to me? I was just talking to him on Gtalk and hes going ...

Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Easy Root APP [Instructions]

Quote Originally Posted by SRAD600 View Post

Do it!!! lol Or at least PM it to me? I was just talking to him on Gtalk and hes going for a run and I cant wait over 30 mins for this info...you guys are turning me into modding my phone junkies....its worse then wanting to mod my bikes.

Amen....I shudder to think of what I have invested in my SuperHawk now... I still want some trick magnesium wheels....

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post

Do it!!! lol Or at least PM it to me? I was just talking to him on Gtalk and hes going for a run and I cant wait over 30 mins for this info...you guys are turning me into modding my phone junkies....its worse then wanting to mod my bikes.

Amen....I shudder to think of what I have invested in my SuperHawk now... I still want some trick magnesium wheels....

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Sheanzy,

I got a link to WildMonkeys page, with a lot of good kernal info and dl links. I can post it here if you want, since this is kinda your thread. May help some folks understand better that haven't done any research.

Ken
    You can go ahead and post it! Unless you want me to include it in the OP. I will give you the cred though! Btw, thanks for helping out on this thread!
    I'll PM you, but my internet is at a crawl. Then you can look it over and put it in the OP if you want. Let me know if you don't get it. Don't know what the net problem is yet.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post

How did I not notice your user name lol. If your on the WERE board youll see me around there with the same name. I dont post really except for in the for sales. I just lurk. I just been looking for a track bike (my current 05 gixxer 1k does dbl duty).

/end thread jack....sorry.
    Rooted N1 (Im a 1 clicker)
    CM6 RC3 no nightlies

Thanks for the help. I talked to sheanzyy on gtalk and he walked me through the installation. Now I'm running the mod. Thanks again for trying to help

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Jon P

You didn't break the phone, but you gave no info on what you were doing. Rebooting, pulling battery, backing up, flashing. Need specifics and phone info.

If it keeps going you can pull battery. What's next depends on what you have already done to the phone.

Then some good troubleshooters here can help you.

Quote Originally Posted by jon_p View Post
    Thanks for the help. I talked to sheanzyy on gtalk and he walked me through the installation. Now I'm running the mod. Thanks again for trying to help
    You're welcome! =)

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

*Follow me on Twitter

Is it necessary to wipe the data/cache after flashing to a new kernel?

I never did. Then again, what works for me and others may not work for you.. =( =)

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

*Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    I will be posting simple instructions on how I successfully rooted and installed my custom ROMS .Now let me be honest.....It's easy. Those who rooted without this application are probably pointing and laughing.

Anyway, you can swing over to XDA and download easy root, if you are registered. I have attached the APK for those who aren't---Attachment 422

I'm not responsible if your phone bricks,jumps out of your hand, explodes, or even runs away. THIS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

When installing Custom ROMS, you will lose all your data. I used Titanium Backup and backed up all of my Applications and Data. It was successful in restoring my settings/apps/contacts.

You will also need ROM MANAGER. The steps below are for those who are currently on FroYo.

**This worked with my Nexus One (FRF91) FroYo- AT&T 3G Unlocked Phone**
    **DO A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD/INSTALL CYANOGEN ROM**

What you need: UniversalRoot,Titanium Backup, ROM manager, FroYo 2.2

****BACKUP ALL OF YOUR APPLICATIONS AND DATA USING TITANIUM BACKUP OR OTHER BACKUP APPLICATIONS. SAVE THE SETTINGS OF YOUR LAUNCHER SO YOU HAVE THEM WHEN YOU'RE RUNNING YOUR CUSTOM ROM.

Steps:
    1. Download the Universal Root.APK from the attachment
    2. Plug in your phone and simply drag the APK file to your SDcard
    3. Use ASTRO, ESTRONGS, or appInstaller to install the UniversalRoot.APK file
    4. Once that is installed, Open Universal Root.
    5. Choose "Root :-)"
    6. After that is done, Open up ROM Manager
    7. At the top, click "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery"- Wait for installation
    8. When finished, Click Download ROM
    9. Download CyanogenMod and choose the version you want (CM6 may have bugs, I am using it with no problem at all)
    10. When downloading, It will prompt you to download GApps, make sure you check it so they are downloaded
    11. Once the download is finished, Click the INSTALL ROM FROM SD at the main menu in ROM MANAGER
    12. It will prompt you to backup before flashing- Backup "Stock N1 ROM"
    13. Next, choose to clear data/wipe and cache
    14. Your phone will reboot and install the recovery and necessary files
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    TITANIUM BACKUP:
    You are now running Cyanogen Mod. You will need to install Titanium Backup from the Market and restore all of your applications and data. If you're running ADW or Launcher PRO , Restore your settings.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Flashing Custom Kernels:
    **Do a NANDROID backup before this process. This is so you have a backup of all your current settings/ROM. Better to be safe than sorry.
    What you need to do is download one of WildMonks Kernels.
    There are many folders/files when you click on that link. For beginners and for those who may be afraid of bricking their phone, download a Kernel that is 1190MHz or less.

You want a Kernel that supports 720p and either matches your CPU MHz or just barely exceeds it.

OverClocking can permanently damage your phone. You can go big and download a 1257MHz, but if you're afraid you may accidentally OC to the MAX, then go with the 1190MHz Kernel + 720p support.

Instructions:
    ---------------------------------
    1190 MHz Kernel +720p support
    1267 MHz Kernel-NaB-
    ---------------------------------
    -Download a Kernel from the link above
    or if you're lazy click HERE
    -Save the Kernel(zip file) to your Desktop(for easy drag and drop)
    -Plug in your Nexus One via USB
    -Turn On USB Storage via your Nexus One

-A window should appear on your PC or MAC to access the folder/SDcard

-Once the files on your SDcard is visible, Drag the Kernel you downloaded earlier onto your SDcard- SHOWN ABOVE

-Next, download QuickBoot from the Market(this makes recovery access easier)
    -Open QuickBoot
    -Select Recovery
    -Once in recovery, Select install zip from sdcard(FOURTH OPTION)
    -Then select "Choose zip from sdcard"(SECOND OPTION)
    -Select the Kernel that you dragged onto your sdcard

Should be something like this:
    no
    no
    no
    no
    no
    yes
    no
    no
    ---------
    You're phone will then flash and reboot. Enjoy your new Kernel.

**IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES REGARDING KERNEL FLASHING, PLEASE VISIT WILDMONK'S POST OVER AT XDA. courtesy of: rugmankc

hi there ,i'm no tecky but do i connect my N1 by USB before i start rooting ,great thread by the way

Quick question: If I want to start doing some good 720P recording then I'm best downloading the 1190Mhz Kernel zip but if I don't look at doing 720P recording at all I have no real need for it yet?

Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links