Easy Root APP [Instructions]
This is a discussion on Easy Root APP [Instructions] within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I will be posting simple instructions on how I successfully rooted and installed my custom ROMS .Now let me be honest.....It's easy. Those who rooted ...
1-Click Root app [Instructions]
I will be posting simple instructions on how I successfully rooted and installed my custom ROMS .Now let me be honest.....It's easy. Those who rooted without this application are probably pointing and laughing.
Anyway, you can swing over to XDA and download easy root, if you are registered. I have attached the APK for those who aren't---UniversalAndroot_1.5.3.zip
I'm not responsible if your phone bricks,jumps out of your hand, explodes, or even runs away. THIS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
When installing Custom ROMS, you will lose all your data. I used Titanium Backup and backed up all of my Applications and Data. It was successful in restoring my settings/apps/contacts.
You will also need ROM MANAGER. The steps below are for those who are currently on FroYo.
**This worked with my Nexus One (FRF91) FroYo- AT&T 3G Unlocked Phone**
What you need: UniversalRoot,Titanium Backup, ROM manager, FroYo 2.2
****BACKUP ALL OF YOUR APPLICATIONS AND DATA USING TITANIUM BACKUP OR OTHER BACKUP APPLICATIONS. SAVE THE SETTINGS OF YOUR LAUNCHER SO YOU HAVE THEM WHEN YOU'RE RUNNING YOUR CUSTOM ROM.
1. Download the Universal Root.APK from the attachment
2. Plug in your phone and simply drag the APK file to your SDcard
3. Use ASTRO, ESTRONGS, or appInstaller to install the UniversalRoot.APK file
4. Once that is installed, Open Universal Root.
5. Choose "Root :-)"
6. After that is done, Open up ROM Manager
7. At the top, click "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery"- Wait for installation
8. When finished, Click Download ROM
9. Download CyanogenMod and choose the version you want (CM6 may have bugs, I am using it with no problem at all)
10. When downloading, It will prompt you to download GApps, make sure you check it so they are downloaded
11. Once the download is finished, Click the INSTALL ROM FROM SD at the main menu in ROM MANAGER
12. It will prompt you to backup before flashing- Backup "Stock N1 ROM"
13. Next, choose to clear data/wipe and cache
14. Your phone will reboot and install the recovery and necessary files
You are now running Cyanogen Mod. You will need to install Titanium Backup from the Market and restore all of your applications and data. If you're running ADW or Launcher PRO , Restore your settings.
Android.net is the premier Android Forum
. Registered users do not see these ads. .
best, most simple way to do it!
Simple isn't even the word =)
By Epic Forums User in forum Samsung Epic 4G
Last Post: 09-18-2010, 11:45 PM
Search tags for this page
best way to root nexus one
how to root ouya
nexus one apk
nexus one root apk
nexus root apk
nexus s root apk
nexus s root apk. app
root apk nexus
root my ouya apk
root nexus one apk
universal root apk
universal root apk forum
universal root apk nexus s
universal root download
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.