Installing custom app on Nexus One?

This is a discussion on Installing custom app on Nexus One? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; How do I install a custom made app on my Nexus One? The posts I have read say I can copy the .apk file to ...

Thread: Installing custom app on Nexus One?

Installing custom app on Nexus One?

How do I install a custom made app on my Nexus One? The posts I have read say I can copy the .apk file to the SD card, but I can't seem to mount the SD card.

1) I made the .apk file on my Mac.
    2) When I plug my Nexus One into my Mac, I see a directory structure that looks like:

Android/data/com.android.providers.media

How do I see the full directory structure of the Android from my Mac?

3) Other posts have said that I should drag the bar at the top of the Nexus One to bring down a USB menu that allows me to mount the SD card. But when I drag down the bar all I see is a "Turn off USB storage" selection, with no "Mount" selection.

4) When I run "adb devices" on my Mac I get:

List of devices attached

and nothing shows up. (That should tell me something :-) But I can't figure out how to mount the Nexus One on my Mac.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If it says turn off usb storage you must have already mounted the sd card. You can mount and unmount from adb shell also. Google adb commands for help.

Be carreful to unmount properly.

You need to be in recovery, I think, to have phone recognized when typing adb devices.

Do you have Android SDK installed?

I don't have a Mac so don't know if it is different.

Some adb links with general info:

[TUTORIAL/HOW TO] Basics of ADB - xda-developers
    [HOW-TO] ADB for Dummies(How-To Learner's Guide) - xda-developers

Mac adb link:
    ADB on Mac - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

You can google more.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Try Settings > Applications > Development and turn on "USB Debugging". Then do adb devices.

Where are you seeing "Android/data/com.android.providers.media", in the Finder?

@ rugmankc:

1) Yes, I have the Android SDK installed on my Mac.
    2) How to I put the Nexus One in Recovery mode?

@ rioja:

1) I turned on USB debugging and ran adb devices on my Mac and can now see the device. I thought USB debugging needed to be turned off to install apps?
    2) Right I am seeing "Android/data/com.android.providers.media", in the Finder on the Mac.
    3) OK, now it looks like I was able to install the app. Thanks!

pwr off and hold down vol- and pwr at same time for a few seconds. When you get the screen with the three androids at the bottom use the vol- button to scroll to recovery then press pwr button to select.

But sounds like you did it on the Mac. It may not require all the windows steps??????
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links