Remove signature on Android app?

This is a discussion on Remove signature on Android app? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I created an Android app with a debug signature. To publish the app in the Android market, I need to put my own signature on ...

Thread: Remove signature on Android app?

Remove signature on Android app?

I created an Android app with a debug signature. To publish the app in the Android market, I need to put my own signature on the .apk file, by first removing the signature on the .apk file.

Does anyone know how to remove the signature on an .apk file?

I found a post that said that Eclipse can do this by:

1) right click on the application name in the Package Explorer window and choose Android Tools

2) choose Export Unsigned Application Package

I copied the .apk file to my Eclipse workspace, but nothing shows up in Eclipse's Package Explorer.

How can I get the .apk file to show up in Eclipse's Package Explorer?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

mah
    You do it in eclipse only if you're managing the rest of the project in eclipse; since you stated you're copying your apk into the workspace, I'm assuming you're not otherwise using eclipse. (If you are, you're really on the wrong path based on your statements.)

If you're using ant to build your apk, I think you "ant release" to get an unsigned apk, then you use jarsigner to sign it. There is probably a way to modify your build.xml to automate it but I'm not sure what to add. It is also possible to use a higher level build.xml that creates a subant task to build the apk using the auto-generated build.xml, then calls out to the command line to call jarsigner, giving it all the parameters needed (including the keystore passwords) for unattended operation.

I do most of my development in eclipse. There, my projects are already in the package explorer (projects show up there, apks do not)... but instead of exporting an unsigned package as you describe (that does work, but it's no longer the only choice), I choose to export a signed package instead. This goes through a wizard that asks me to locate the keystore (which I had to manually create outside of eclipse), specify the keystore password, key alias (alias or name, of the key within the store to use) and the key password... finally a location for the exported apk.

I've relayed those steps from memory so I may have messed something up but it's generally accurate at least. Signing this way, I've published to the Android market.

I found another way to remove the signature. An APK file is just a zip file. So un-zip the APK file, them remove the META-INF folder and then rezip it. Now if you use jarsigner to sign the APK file it all works fine.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links