Rooted, CM 6.0 RC2 how to go back to 2.2 with factory recovery?

This is a discussion on Rooted, CM 6.0 RC2 how to go back to 2.2 with factory recovery? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; well it turns out my phone is a lemon, ive always had problems with it and just now figured out the problem. my phone seems ...

Thread: Rooted, CM 6.0 RC2 how to go back to 2.2 with factory recovery?

Rooted, CM 6.0 RC2 how to go back to 2.2 with factory recovery?

well it turns out my phone is a lemon, ive always had problems with it and just now figured out the problem. my phone seems to disconnect itself from the t-mobile network whenever it goes to sleep. especially when im on wifi. in order to restore service i either have to get someone to call me and it will sometimes re-connect me to the network or i have to wake it up and wait for the 3g/e/h icons to show meaning im reconnected. im rooted but bootloader is not unlocked so im still under warranty but just need to factory reset to froyo with froyo recovery so i can send it to them.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Ok, I'm a noob in this also but I believe this is how you do it.
    I'm guessing that you used that 1 click root method and used Rom Manager to flash CM6

-Backup your apps with Titanium Backup
    -Use Rom Manager and press Manage and Restore
    -Choose the Rom you want. I had renamed mine to NexusRooted.
    (from here on out I don't know since I haven't been this far so the rest is speculation)
    -Follow the directions and do a wipe if it asks
    -Once you're back to stock 2.2, Use Titanium backup to restore you apps and settings. This is not necessary if you don't want anything back.
    -Then use the AndRoot app to unroot your phone.

Then you can do a factory reset.
    ***I HAVE NEVER TRIED THIS AND AM ONLY GUESSING THESE STEPS SO PLEASE DO SOME MORE RESEARCH BEFORE DOING ANYTHING***

And good luck
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

A long shot, but there is a setting under Settings/Wifi Settings/Menu/Advanced/Wifi Sleep Policy. Set it to never.

Also, there is a Regulatory Domian on same screen. Try 11 or 13.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

thanks for the answer guys, also for the wifi. if i set it to never sleep i would probably never receive calls haha, cuz whenever im connected to it, it disconnects itself from tmobile.

Well, I thought if you set it to never sleep it may not disconnect.

I have mine that way, one reason is I do backups over nite and want the faster speed.

I may have misunderstood, if it still disconnects while wifi is on then a no go. Did you test it with wifi never sleeping setting?

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I haven't tried it yet but I will give it a shot when I get home. Basically though with wifi on it disconnects from tmobile network. When my phone sleeps however even if wifi is off it still disconnects.

OK, I understand now. Yes, Maybe a new phone.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

check this out for the wifi issue. WiFi constantly drops, won't stay connected when in sleep (option to never sleep IS selected) and won't reconnect - Android Help the good stuff starts around page 12 It's the sleep policy that's broken. When your phone sleeps the wifi disconnects because of the low power settings. look for some fixes in there. Chances are, you return the phone and have the same issue in the next one. I have one of each version and have the same issue on both of them.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links