In deep doodoo

This is a discussion on In deep doodoo within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I agree with the old fashion method, although not that old. You learn more as to the why's. Wondered if the 1 click would be ...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: In deep doodoo

I agree with the old fashion method, although not that old. You learn more as to the why's. Wondered if the 1 click would be restrictive. Not that that was his problem, but we will sadly never know.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I'm back,I'm ready to throw this damn phone in the toilet,if i get this thing working to hell with rooting.

Got to call it a nite,

If you get us all the info: phone, recovery, what exact steps led to situation, did you battery pull? We all can help tomorrow, lots here are using one click successfully.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Got to call it a nite,

If you get us all the info: phone, recovery, what exact steps led to situation, did you battery pull? We all can help tomorrow, lots here are using one click successfully.

Ken
    Rug,I really appreciate it but hell I can't remember the steps that got me here,but I do remember pulling the battery when it was doing something and taking forever,I had a backup but also remember clicking on wipe all data or something like that.I remember the screen asking me was I sure and it was something like this

no
    no
    no
    no
    no
    no
    no
    no
    yes
    no
    no
    no
    no
    no

and of course I clicked yes

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Slim,

I did it the old fashion way thru ADB. But, I don't think the 1 click is suppose to unlock the bootloader. The link in svenner's post is a good idea to try. If no backup, and batt pull didn't work, may need to flash back to stock rom and start over after some research on how all this works.

Ken
    Yes I know. I just wanted to point out that the 1 click method does not unlock the bootloader. Thats why he couldnt flash a rom.

I too did it the old Fashion way. I dont trust those 1 Clickers. They are DangerZone
    Slim, I rooted with the 1-click method and I had no issues. I was able to flash Cyanogen Mod 6 RC2 with ClockWork recovery. I also flashed the nightly with no issues at all.

When I flashed for the first time, It sat on the :nexusx: for a good 3-5 minutes and finally booted up. With the 1 click root and ROM manager, it is the most simple way to exist lol.

-Download Rom manager
    -Open it up and Flash ClockWork
    -Wait for reboot
    -Open ROM Manager
    -Click Cyanogen
    -Download latest Cyanogen mod
    -It'll ask to backup existing ROM
    - the device will reboot and install Cyanogen Mod to your phone

Those directions are what got me through. Here is a thread I made giving you step by step instructions regarding the 1-Click rooting method: http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...tructions.html

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Sheanzy,I need help to fix my phone bro not to see your 1 click method,focus now.

ok damnit,I will paypal 20 bucks to the 1st person to walk me through this mess and get my phone working

Ok lets see...
    Turn off your phone. Then wait 1 minute or two. Then press power button and volume down button at the same time and release the volume down button until you see a menu.
    Let me know one you've done that.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Ok lets see...
    Turn off your phone. Then wait 1 minute or two. Then press power button and volume down button at the same time and release the volume down button until you see a menu.
    done,i see fastboot,recovery.clear storage and simlock

Quote Originally Posted by Macklessdaddy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Ok lets see...
    done,i see fastboot,recovery.clear storage and simlock
    Ok, thanks. So when you go select "recovery" your phone reboots? Are you navigating with the power up/down button? Make sure that when you press the power button to select "recovery" that you don't press it too long.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links