In deep doodoo

This is a discussion on In deep doodoo within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I don't think you reboot after wipe, you now have nothing there on phone, unless I misunderstood. Wiping is part of flashing the rom in ...

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: In deep doodoo

I don't think you reboot after wipe, you now have nothing there on phone, unless I misunderstood. Wiping is part of flashing the rom in sequence. Reread the 1 Click Forum, there are steps there, Ii believe.

Slim,

Don't know about the 1 click, but many are on CWMod and Rom Manager and successfully flashing CM6. Don't understand it, but it works. Seen it on other forums too.

Just an impression, but it seems like a lot of people are jumping into this rooting to soon. See my link above for a good forum for rooting, N1 problems.

Hope it all works out.

ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by svenner View Post
    Slim, you're saying that you cannot flash rom's through rom manager on a one click root method or....? TIA
    Yea that's exactly right. One click root only gives you the Superuser app. It does not unlock the bootloader. You can still flash a recovery.img and make a nandroid backup. But you will not be able to flash a custom rom unless the bootloader is unlocked.
    Thanks for the heads up. Kernels are off limits as well I assume?

One-Click Root for Nexus One Available [Direct Download]

[APP] [ROOT] 1-click root for N1 (Latest ver: 1.6.1) - xda-developers

See Post #17 on the xda link

Did not read all of thread, seems like it does work better on N1 than some other phones. Maybe because we were never locked to a carrier. Don't know.

Post 34 has excellent custom rom install instructions!

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Sounds like your sd card is wiped. If you have your homescreen back, monunt sd thru usb and look at it. Also, i guess you could do that thru Rom Manager.

just looked at sd card and i see a bunch of stuff,i even see a clockwork mod file.sd card appears to have all my stuff still on it.using laptop at work so will check back when i find more open connections.thanks for everyones help so far.somebody make that 20 bucks lol

Well perhaps I was wrong...I just used the 1 Click method on this G1 I recently acquired and was able to flash the DangerSPL and Flash CM6 + Gapps. Worked better than I thought...I stand Corrected
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Proof Pic

[PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Macklessdaddy,

I did see people having issues flashing CWM if they didn't have Advanced selected. From the main Rom Manager page, click on menu key at bottom of phone and check Advanced. Also, I think clicking on Fix Permissions is a good idea.

I am a Amon Ra recovery user and just installed Rom Manager and CWM Recovery. Tried CWM today. Dl'd the latest CM6 nightly and the provided gapps. Nightly went great, gapps hung, had to pull battery, reboot, and restore to my backup. Now I need to figure out what went wrong. It's all fun.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Slim,

It sure seems wierd that it works. Someone said that if an app can do that and gain that kind of access, what keeps someone from designing an app that can do it without you knowing. Am not a programmer, so don't know.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Macklessdaddy,

I did see people having issues flashing CWM if they didn't have Advanced selected. From the main Rom Manager page, click on menu key at bottom of phone and check Advanced. Also, I think clicking on Fix Permissions is a good idea.

I am a Amon Ra recovery user and just installed Rom Manager and CWM Recovery. Tried CWM today. Dl'd the latest CM6 nightly and the provided gapps. Nightly went great, gapps hung, had to pull battery, reboot, and restore to my backup. Now I need to figure out what went wrong. It's all fun.

Ken
    rug,I do'nt think you understand.I can't do anything but get the x on my screen or the 2 menus,nothing else,everything I click on leads back to the x,seems like I deleted the os somehow.

Wasn't sure if you got it working since I last posted.

Still check out:

[APP] [ROOT] 1-click root for N1 (Latest ver: 1.6.1) - xda-developers

Nexus One General - xda-developers

If you haven't already, they may be able to help. Sorry about the problems.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links