In deep doodoo

This is a discussion on In deep doodoo within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by rugmankc Wasn't sure if you got it working since I last posted. Still check out: [APP] [ROOT] 1-click root for N1 (Latest ...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: In deep doodoo

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Wasn't sure if you got it working since I last posted.

Still check out:

[APP] [ROOT] 1-click root for N1 (Latest ver: 1.6.1) - xda-developers

Nexus One General - xda-developers

If you haven't already, they may be able to help. Sorry about the problems.
    thanks rug,I have a thread going over there now.

I had a very similar situation when I attempted the first load of a CyanogenMod 6.0.0-RC2 ROM. I did back everything up with Titanium backup, and did a nandroid backup too. When the screen with the droid and the white triangle came up, I found that I had to press the power and up button to get to the screen with the following info in blue:

reboot system now
    apply sd card update
    wipe data\factory reset
    wipe cache partition.

I rebooted the system, then it reverted back to the original boot screen and then locked again on the triangle. I pulled the battery, let it sit for about 15 minutes, then did the same thing again. When I turned it back on again, it did the same screen, I did the power/up volume and got to the same screen again and did a reboot system now, and it went back to the original ROM and booted up successfully to the 2.2.

After that, I went into the ROM Manager app and did a Flash ClockworkMod Recovery, then the chose the CyanogenMod 6.0.0-RC2 and it worked from there with a reboot. I can recreate this problem every time if I don't click the Flash ClockworkMod Recovery first before flashing a new ROM.

I've been successful since I found that one step I missed (or added). I've played with the ROMs and found I like a lot of features, and have since added the Samsung wallpapers.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by mightytalldude View Post
    I had a very similar situation when I attempted the first load of a CyanogenMod 6.0.0-RC2 ROM. I did back everything up with Titanium backup, and did a nandroid backup too. When the screen with the droid and the white triangle came up, I found that I had to press the power and up button to get to the screen with the following info in blue:

reboot system now
    apply sd card update
    wipe data\factory reset
    wipe cache partition.

I rebooted the system, then it reverted back to the original boot screen and then locked again on the triangle. I pulled the battery, let it sit for about 15 minutes, then did the same thing again. When I turned it back on again, it did the same screen, I did the power/up volume and got to the same screen again and did a reboot system now, and it went back to the original ROM and booted up successfully to the 2.2.

After that, I went into the ROM Manager app and did a Flash ClockworkMod Recovery, then the chose the CyanogenMod 6.0.0-RC2 and it worked from there with a reboot. I can recreate this problem every time if I don't click the Flash ClockworkMod Recovery first before flashing a new ROM.

I've been successful since I found that one step I missed (or added). I've played with the ROMs and found I like a lot of features, and have since added the Samsung wallpapers.

Hope this helps.
    It reverts back to the x screen no matter what I do,I think I somehow deleted the os but I downloaded the zip and put it on the sd card but must still be doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Macklessdaddy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Wasn't sure if you got it working since I last posted.

Still check out:

[APP] [ROOT] 1-click root for N1 (Latest ver: 1.6.1) - xda-developers

Nexus One General - xda-developers

If you haven't already, they may be able to help. Sorry about the problems.
    thanks rug,I have a thread going over there now.
    That's great! I learned a lot on the XDA thread. Still alot to learn.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Good tip mightytalldude,

I wil try that before I flash again. Only problem had was gapps installing, don't know why yet, just theories. I too like the added features and ease of use. But, if it is not as rock solid (dependable) as Amon Ra, I may go back. Both are on phone and it is easy to switch back and forth.

Did you not mean vol- not up up on booting into recovery. That is how it works for me.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Left the battery out of the phone all night installed it then booted but nope still just sits on the Multicoloured X logo.

Honestly have no clue what to do now or how to fix this problem. Evertything on that xda forum thread is rehashed stuff from here. Same solutions that don't work...

Vodafone don't even have any stock of the N1 in any store as you can only buy it on the website and even that is out of stock

So i can access all the bootloader screens so what can i do from here to try and get into the homscreen or fix this phone?

I take it you have no recovery image on phone, hence no backups on sd card?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Also rugmankc: You don't seem to understand myself and Mackless CANNOT get past the boot screen and we have absolutely NO access to the Homescreen.

I read others have had a similar problem and they just use clockwork mod recovery blah and it worked. When i did that though myine just froze and did nothing.. i restarted mine and like a dodo did wipe data..blah blah.. So NOW i need to know what to do from here..

I've done everything possible with reseting, taking out the battery, soft/hard reset/wipe boot bleehh.. nothing works and i hang at this screen

Nope clockworkmod folder is on my sdcard..

clockworkmod > backup > 2010-8-14

this folder contains android.secure, boot, cache, data, nandroid, recovery, system.

So i do have a recovery image on my sdcard.

Quote Originally Posted by Grathius View Post
    Also rugmankc: You don't seem to understand myself and Mackless CANNOT get past the boot screen and we have absolutely NO access to the Homescreen.

I read others have had a similar problem and they just use clockwork mod recovery blah and it worked. When i did that though myine just froze and did nothing.. i restarted mine and like a dodo did wipe data..blah blah.. So NOW i need to know what to do from here..

I've done everything possible with reseting, taking out the battery, soft/hard reset/wipe boot bleehh.. nothing works and i hang at this screen
    Amen to that brother

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links