In deep doodoo

This is a discussion on In deep doodoo within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; no it's already named update. place it on your desktop on your computer and then mount your SD card and view files. Drag it to ...

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 95

Thread: In deep doodoo

  1. #81
    Junior Member jbrinkley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4
    no it's already named update. place it on your desktop on your computer and then mount your SD card and view files. Drag it to the sd card. Don;t let it go into another folder. It must look just like this. This is just an example. I'll leave that dropbox file in there til around noon today CST.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #82
    Senior Member Macklessdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    116
    Got 2.1 loaded last night after trying everything.but I loaded 2.1.how can I get froyo back, about to tee off so will check in later.

  3. #83
    Senior Member Macklessdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    116
    Can someone tell me how to get froyo back,I'm on 2.1 epe76

  4. #84
    Android Lurker Mightytalldude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    0
    I'm going to suggest the checkin method and see if it will cause a download to happen. At the phone dialer type *#*#2432546#*#* which will bring in a "checkin succeed" in the status bar. If you're near a wifi or have a strong 3g signal and have at least half battery charge that might work. This is a long shot but worth a try.

  5. #85
    Senior Member Macklessdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by mightytalldude View Post
    I'm going to suggest the checkin method and see if it will cause a download to happen. At the phone dialer type *#*#2432546#*#* which will bring in a "checkin succeed" in the status bar. If you're near a wifi or have a strong 3g signal and have at least half battery charge that might work. This is a long shot but worth a try.
    Yeah I tried already but will continue but for other people having the same probem what I did was downloaded the os file(I think it has to be a full copy and not just an update one)and copied it to the sd card but I had to rename it passimg no capitals no .zip or anything else only passimg worked as I tried PASS.img,PASS.IMG.Hope this helps,matter of fact I tried so much stuff that I'm sure I forgot some of the steps to get it working but renaming it the way I did got it back but now I really want froyo back.

  6. #86
    Senior Member Sheanzy_nexusone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by Macklessdaddy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mightytalldude View Post
    I'm going to suggest the checkin method and see if it will cause a download to happen. At the phone dialer type *#*#2432546#*#* which will bring in a "checkin succeed" in the status bar. If you're near a wifi or have a strong 3g signal and have at least half battery charge that might work. This is a long shot but worth a try.
    Yeah I tried already but will continue but for other people having the same probem what I did was downloaded the os file(I think it has to be a full copy and not just an update one)and copied it to the sd card but I had to rename it passimg no capitals no .zip or anything else only passimg worked as I tried PASS.img,PASS.IMG.Hope this helps,matter of fact I tried so much stuff that I'm sure I forgot some of the steps to get it working but renaming it the way I did got it back but now I really want froyo back.
    Mack , could you please post the steps or link you used to get it fixed? Other people are having the same issues and are in desperate need of a fix! Please and thanks.


    --> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

    --> ...a Gingerbread ROM




    - Our handicapped puppy -

    *Follow me on Twitter



    EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

  7. #87
    Senior Member Macklessdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Macklessdaddy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mightytalldude View Post
    I'm going to suggest the checkin method and see if it will cause a download to happen. At the phone dialer type *#*#2432546#*#* which will bring in a "checkin succeed" in the status bar. If you're near a wifi or have a strong 3g signal and have at least half battery charge that might work. This is a long shot but worth a try.
    Yeah I tried already but will continue but for other people having the same probem what I did was downloaded the os file(I think it has to be a full copy and not just an update one)and copied it to the sd card but I had to rename it passimg no capitals no .zip or anything else only passimg worked as I tried PASS.img,PASS.IMG.Hope this helps,matter of fact I tried so much stuff that I'm sure I forgot some of the steps to get it working but renaming it the way I did got it back but now I really want froyo back.
    Mack , could you please post the steps or link you used to get it fixed? Other people are having the same issues and are in desperate need of a fix! Please and thanks.
    I downloaded this filehttp://www.megaupload.com/?d=7JQU3MV0 and copied it to the sd card and named it passimg with no capitals or .zip just passimg and held the volume up and turned the phone on and it read it and asked me if i want to load it or restore it or something like that and it loaded it and rebooted.I tried it many times with different renaming but it would only work one way

  8. #88
    Senior Member Sheanzy_nexusone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    548
    Thanks for that post. Hopefully that helps the others that are having this problem. I went through multiple steps last night with Grathius for about 2 hours. Couldn't fix it. Hopefully that will. Thanks again, Mack!


    --> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

    --> ...a Gingerbread ROM




    - Our handicapped puppy -

    *Follow me on Twitter



    EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

  9. #89
    Member Grathius's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    62
    Thanks for posting that Mackles I'm downloading it now and going to give it a try myself.. If it still doesn't work no biggy I have a HTC Legend that I was able to get for free from Vodafone as I changed my plan a few weeks ago but never chose a handset so will stick with htis for the next few weeks when I can purchase the HTC Desire :D...

    As The Nexus One is a little hard/rare and a bit more annoying to buy now and HTC Sense is very noice... And I ain't going to try any rooting method to get it on my N1 if It works or If I bought a new one ahha!

  10. #90
    Member Grathius's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    62
    Ok just an update.. For some reason I put the passimg.zip file on the root of a new 2gb sgcard and turned on my phoen went into recovery but when I go to click apply sdcard instead of passimg.zip it still has update.zip ?

    Why would this still be like that lol..? Weird.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Android Forum