Froyo 2.2 Vrs CM6

This is a discussion on Froyo 2.2 Vrs CM6 within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; This is all pretty helpful info, esp since this is pretty much my reason for coming to this forum. Ive had my N1 for a ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Froyo 2.2 Vrs CM6

This is all pretty helpful info, esp since this is pretty much my reason for coming to this forum. Ive had my N1 for a while now and swore I wouldnt mod it like I did my g1 (I had terrible luck with my g1 and I always kinda felt it was after rooting).

Is there down sides to rooting or flashing? Honestly? It can really be done with out voiding warranty? Then how could their be down sides....

Im gonna root I think.

I think now the only downsides are the fact you are tinkering with your phone and might have a bit of downtime.

not much of a downside really, as you can plan an evening or hour or so free to tinker :-)

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    That's what's so great about the new 1 click root method. You can root your phone. Back up your Rom. Flash CM6. Enjoy.
    When Gingerbread comes out. Restore your original backed up Rom. Then Use the 1 click root to unroot. Wait for Gingerbead.
    Can you explain a little further?

I've always heard that once rooted, always rooted. What's this "unroot" you speak of here?

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    That's what's so great about the new 1 click root method. You can root your phone. Back up your Rom. Flash CM6. Enjoy.
    When Gingerbread comes out. Restore your original backed up Rom. Then Use the 1 click root to unroot. Wait for Gingerbead.
    Can you explain a little further?

I've always heard that once rooted, always rooted. What's this "unroot" you speak of here?
    Sure. I'll explain.
    There's a new app that with one click, you'll be rooted. And you can click to unroot also. It's very pain less. And the best part is that your bootloader is still unlocked.
    I know it sounds too good to be true, but I used this method last week...now I'm on Cyanogen ROM Rc3.

Here's a like to the thread with more info.
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...available.html
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Rooted, and now....?

I did it today, 1 click rooter right before I went to work, literally took a couple mins. I think the only thing not mentioned that Im sure most of those about to do this need to know is to make sure you have something like astro file manager to find and run the app after you move it to your SD card.

So Ive rooted and Im using the app to over clock and under clock(which I still need to learn a little more about the app and the whole process before I can really use it effectively). So whats next? Not sure if I wanna load a custom rom, but Im def interested in what other apps are out there to take advantage of being rooted. Ill be exploring this site for this but any help you guys can offer will be great.

Now Im assuming I cant get OTA updates any more? Is I can until I load a custom rom?

Quote Originally Posted by SRAD600 View Post
    I did it today, 1 click rooter right before I went to work, literally took a couple mins. I think the only thing not mentioned that Im sure most of those about to do this need to know is to make sure you have something like astro file manager to find and run the app after you move it to your SD card.

So Ive rooted and Im using the app to over clock and under clock(which I still need to learn a little more about the app and the whole process before I can really use it effectively). So whats next? Not sure if I wanna load a custom rom, but Im def interested in what other apps are out there to take advantage of being rooted. Ill be exploring this site for this but any help you guys can offer will be great.

Now Im assuming I cant get OTA updates any more? Is I can until I load a custom rom?

all ur updates will have to be made manually thru constantly updating ur ROMs. if u wanna get an official update in the near future like 3.0 u will have to simply unroot (if u used that app).

Quote Originally Posted by wondermixx View Post

all ur updates will have to be made manually thru constantly updating ur ROMs. if u wanna get an official update in the near future like 3.0 u will have to simply unroot (if u used that app).
    After I flash a rom tho right? Right now Im rooted with stock froyo soooo?

Quote Originally Posted by wondermixx View Post

After I flash a rom tho right? Right now Im rooted with stock froyo soooo?

well i dont think any official updates are gonna be released any time soon, maybe in a couple of months...sooo...official apps are simply updated thru the market.

CM6RC3 completely blows Froyo 2.2 out of the water! Not only is CM6RC3 a lot faster and smoother with screen screen scrolling, loading the menu and various other tasks but my GPS, 2G/3G Connectivity is MASSIVELY improved!

Every time I'd catch the train I have tunnels which basically render my 2G useless and I have no connection with CM6RC3 I have full bars of 2G and some nice 3G from time to time!

In places like the city where I have no 3G I now have 3G. The GPS alongside Google Maps even on 2G(H) runs smoother and loads faster! Seriously the fact that the pull down bar is transparent and red :D Is awesome! Selecting apps has the red back ground!

Overall I would highly recommend CM6 to any one who has any doubts.. Like I had doubts about Rooting/Flashing my Nexus One because the process was very complicated and the various guides just didn't help at all either.

Now that the 1ClickRoot Method has been released I'm glad I waited! Everything about the phone has been vastly improved!

Quote Originally Posted by Grathius View Post
    CM6RC3 completely blows Froyo 2.2 out of the water! Not only is CM6RC3 a lot faster and smoother with screen screen scrolling, loading the menu and various other tasks but my GPS, 2G/3G Connectivity is MASSIVELY improved!

Every time I'd catch the train I have tunnels which basically render my 2G useless and I have no connection with CM6RC3 I have full bars of 2G and some nice 3G from time to time!

In places like the city where I have no 3G I now have 3G. The GPS alongside Google Maps even on 2G(H) runs smoother and loads faster! Seriously the fact that the pull down bar is transparent and red :D Is awesome! Selecting apps has the red back ground!

Overall I would highly recommend CM6 to any one who has any doubts.. Like I had doubts about Rooting/Flashing my Nexus One because the process was very complicated and the various guides just didn't help at all either.

Now that the 1ClickRoot Method has been released I'm glad I waited! Everything about the phone has been vastly improved!
    Agreed. The process on the 1 click root is so much simpler! There were too many guides on rooting before....especially after all those froyo updates. This 1 click root app should be App of the year!

And CM6RC3 is awesome and smooth.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links