Froyo 2.2 Vrs CM6

This is a discussion on Froyo 2.2 Vrs CM6 within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey Guys, I have read a lot of posts. But could someone please list the benefits of CM6. What are the pros and cons. CM ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Froyo 2.2 Vrs CM6

Froyo 2.2 Vrs CM6

Hey Guys,

I have read a lot of posts.

But could someone please list the benefits of CM6.

What are the pros and cons.

CM was started before 2.2 was released, now that we have had 2.2 for a while now.

Would love some advice on to Root or not to Root my Nexus One.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by gezza View Post
    Hey Guys,

I have read a lot of posts.

But could someone please list the benefits of CM6.

What are the pros and cons.

CM was started before 2.2 was released, now that we have had 2.2 for a while now.

Would love some advice on to Root or not to Root my Nexus One.
    Rooting and flashing a Rom are two different things. You need to be rooted to flash a rom, but you don't have to flash a rom.
    When your are rooted you can perform backups, have access to more apps like setcpu (which helps conserve battery) And you can also add themes and change your status bar color.) There's now a one click method app to root your phone. Just look in this forum and look for a thread on 1 click root.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

I had Froyo before I decided to root and load CM6RC2. And oh boy am I happy that I did. I never felt my nexus 1 to be particularly responsive, especially compared to my friends with Iphones. Yes they couldn't do much multitasking but when it came to responsiveness, the iphone was hands down much better. After loading CM however, my N1 got blasting fast, not to mention all the benefits you get from the additional apps out there which only work on routed phones. plus, since I installed setcpu and played with the settings a bit, my phone did not only get even a bit faster but I'm now at 50% battery when I was pretty much empty before by urge days end. google should hire cyanogen and his friends. I was also as sceptic first but I never ever would want to go back. Oh and yes, I rooted the phone without breaking the warranty. It's complicated but worth it in my opinion.

I'm in the dilemma myself since froyo is bringing alot of goodies stock wise

I mean the reason i considered to root back in 2.1 was because i wanted:
    * Sense UI stuff: expose gesture, animated weather
    * Flash light
    *apps to sd
    * trackball notifications
    *better camera

But when froyo dropped, there were many apps to cover this (launcher pro, beautiful widgets, blink etc etc)...

Now the only thing rooting has over stock is probably the vast customisation options you have. Don't like this theme? get another one. Want more performance? overclock, more battery? underclock... that kinda stuff.

I'm just curious to see what gingerbread has

Sounds like you already have it figured out. Does 2.2 have A2SD? The latest CM6 does, along with 720p video, and most important full image backup of your phone, apps, data and OS.

There are some nice 3D games out there too.

It is true that 2.2 and upcoming Gingerbread will close the gap, but it is all about how you use your phone and what features you deem indispensible.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

only been rooted for three days now and I don't think I could go back. Phone is much more responsive, some cool apps, and overclocking it really makes me think of how slow my phone was before I rooted.

I just rooted and put CM6 RC2 on my nexus yesterday..
    really worth it, doesn't have to void warranty and surprisingly easy:

HELP Noob: Stock to CM6 Steps? - CyanogenMod Forum
    Guy who starts the thread explains later in easy steps how to do it, and includes a link for 1 click rooting that doesn't void the warranty.

Full Update Guide - Nexus One - CyanogenMod Wiki
    helpful to check out, includes some backup options

[MOD] NeXuS HaZ 720p @27fps and 480p @ 30fps. Green and pixelation fix - xda-developers
    for 720p video

And actually, sorry to hijack your thread, but in a related question, can someone please explain where to find the 720p video feature in cm6 rc2?

Hey guys,

thanks for your reply's.

Still sitting on the fence.

Also I believe that 2.5 or 3.0 will be released soon.

So may sit back and see first if we get the update, as it is all secret stuff. Then see what they offer.

If they don't offer any vast improvements, then a rooting I will go.

I agree with some of the posts I have read, why don't Google contact all guys making the CM6 and Similar and get them to do the updates and upgrades.

Cheers,

Gezza.

I'm sure as soon gingerbread comes out, CM and his team wil port it to cyanogen mod within days rather than weeks or months. He did it for Froyo, so why not gingerbread?

Quote Originally Posted by gezza View Post
    Hey guys,

thanks for your reply's.

Still sitting on the fence.

Also I believe that 2.5 or 3.0 will be released soon.

So may sit back and see first if we get the update, as it is all secret stuff. Then see what they offer.

If they don't offer any vast improvements, then a rooting I will go.

I agree with some of the posts I have read, why don't Google contact all guys making the CM6 and Similar and get them to do the updates and upgrades.

Cheers,

Gezza.
    That's what's so great about the new 1 click root method. You can root your phone. Back up your Rom. Flash CM6. Enjoy.
    When Gingerbread comes out. Restore your original backed up Rom. Then Use the 1 click root to unroot. Wait for Gingerbead.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links