Changing the home icon

This is a discussion on Changing the home icon within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I did the 1-click root and flashed to the cyanogen rom. My questions now are: 1) how do I customize the bottom dock bar? 2) ...

Thread: Changing the home icon

Changing the home icon

I did the 1-click root and flashed to the cyanogen rom. My questions now are:
    1) how do I customize the bottom dock bar?
    2) how can I change the home icon?

I'm sorry in advance if this is the wrong section or if these questions have been answered already. I tried searching but I couldn't find what I was looking for. Thank you!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by sg2189 View Post
    I did the 1-click root and flashed to the cyanogen rom. My questions now are:
    1) how do I customize the bottom dock bar?
    2) how can I change the home icon?

I'm sorry in advance if this is the wrong section or if these questions have been answered already. I tried searching but I couldn't find what I was looking for. Thank you!
    Download LauncherPro from the market. It does everything you mention and more. And it does not require rooting. It will take you about a day to get used to a new launcher, but it is awesome. You can even resize widgets...I think you need the Plus version for that though.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

thank you so much, that's exactly what I was looking for! =) I have a few more questions, though. Now that I have LauncherPro, do I even need cyanogen or do I just use LP? Do they work together? Will keeping cyanogen give me more benefits? Sorry about all the questions, I just want to make sure I know what I'm doing and what will give me the best performance out of my phone.

Cyanogen and LP work great together. You can do a lot with Cyanogen. What version do you have. I'm running RC3 now. You can can the status bar colors, have colored trackball notifications and the latest one has 720p camera.
    Launcher Pro lets you customize your home screens and widgets. You just have to play around with your phone and find the best settings.
    I just rooted last week using the 1 click method also and am loving it! I'm researching on flashing a kernal now.

I recommend doing some lurking on xda and cyanogen forums.
    Here are some helpful sites:
    [ROM] CyanogenMod-6 for Nexus One: Full of AWESOME! V6.0.0-RC3 (08/15/2010) - xda-developers
    [Nightlies] Discussion of Nightlies - CyanogenMod Forum
    UI Tweaks on CM6 – A Tutorial
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm on RC2. Does RC3 offer more and is it stable?
    What does flashing a kernal do?
    Thank you for all your help! I will probably spend my day researching and tweaking away at my phone. haha

Oh, one more question. If I flash to RC3, do I have to backup existing rom and wipe data and cache, or do I just install it?

When I first rooted, I flashed RC2, then later that night I flashed a nightly (which are incremental updates to the last RC) So I was already closer to RC3 than RC2. So I really cannot tell you if there was a big difference.
    It goes something like this:
    -Release Candidate 1 (RC1)
    ---nightlies (updated almost everynight)
    -Release Candidate 2 (RC2)
    ----nightlies
    -Release Candidate 3 (RC3)
    ---nightlies
    And so on until the final release

I'm still researching kernals. You can use them to overclock/underclock your phone.
    Do you have set cpu? If you don't, I recommend that you get it. If you have it, did you notice that you can set the max to like 1113 when our processor is only 1ghz? That's because the kernal that came with the Cyanogen Rom allows for this. Other kernals can allow more.
    There's alot of reading to do on it. I'm still new to this stuff so don't quote me on anything
    Good luck.

EDIT: When you're going from RC2-RC3 you have to wipe data and cache. When you flash nightlies, you don't. Remember to back everything up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I just downloaded setcpu. It won't damage the phone at all to overclock, will it?

One BIG note:

These are experimental Roms and you are on your own with what ever you do. It is my understanding that overclocking can cause more heat. If so, you can damage it. I may be wrong.

I use the 3 docks of 5 icons each at the bottom of the LauncherPro screen for speed dials. I put my most dialed contacts there my longpressing the spot selecting Shortcuts then Direct Dial.

Before you do to much I would research each thing you want to do by googling or getting involved in the Cyan Forums.

Ohterwise it is a lot of fun.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by sg2189 View Post
    I just downloaded setcpu. It won't damage the phone at all to overclock, will it?
    sg2189, you won't damage your phone by running at 1113MHz. However, if you're running a custom Kernel and don't learn the first few times that the phone freezes when you go past a certain MHz, you can permanently damage your phone.

1113Mhz = STABLE
    1157MHz = STABLE <--- I run this(VERY FAST + SNAPPY)
    1190MHz = STABLE for the most part ..

I OverClocked a bit below the MAX that is allowed on my custom Kernel , which is 1257MHz and it froze after a few seconds of running. If you want a custom Kernel and are scared you may accidentally OC to 1257MHz, then there are 1190MHz + 720p Kernels available for download over at XDA.

Some can run at 1200Mhz stable, but that is for you to decide.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links