Updating to RC3

This is a discussion on Updating to RC3 within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; SubyWill, I gotta go But let someone know what recovery you are using. Flashing radio's are dangerous if inexperienced. And I am too at that. ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Updating to RC3

SubyWill,

I gotta go

But let someone know what recovery you are using. Flashing radio's are dangerous if inexperienced. And I am too at that. If you have a back up you can reboot and open rom manager if using that by longpressing sceen and going to apps and selecting it. then reflash clockwork and do a restore of a backup. If you are using clockworkmod.

what readio did you have and flashed 12_7 is the latest

hopefully someone will respond, but past bedtime

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by SubyWill View Post
    hey guys, i need help. i'm not sure what i can do lol.

ok so i was on 5.0.5.3 and i'm trying to upgrade to rc3.

i wiped everything and flashed on the new 5.08 radio. on the bottom it says "Reboot via vol-up+vol-down or menu to complete installation." how can i reboot if i wiped the phone. did i mess up? the installation of the radio didn't take long and now i'm scared. what can i do?
    Once you have flashed the radio and wiped, you need to flash CM6 RC3. If you wiped and cannot reboot, you will need to put your SDCARD in a readable device and drag the CM6 RC3 download to your SD Card. If you can't find out how to reboot, I believe if you hit the power button , it will take you back to the previous menu.

Once you do that, reboot into recovery and choose INSTALL FROM SDcard. Then select the "CHOOSE FILE FROM SDcard" option and choose CM6 RC3. You will be good to go =).

If you need any help just send me a message on GTalk : Sheanzyy@gmail.com

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Okay, did it awhile ago, while driving to California for work. Haha! I did wipe everything, and got it going. Loving the 720p Camera!!!

I don't know what else was added. Anyone point me into some new stuff?

Btw: Love the new boot animation!

So, I was trying to take pictures and noticed the flash no longer works while taking pictures. This a bug with Cyanogen RC3? It works in video, and torch, just not camera.

So, I was trying to take pictures and noticed the flash no longer works while taking pictures. This a bug with Cyanogen RC3? It works in video, and torch, just not camera.
    Hmm, are you sure you have switched to automatic or ON?

Im running RC3 and I have no issue. I should make note that I'm running a custom Kernel. Im not too sure what could be the problem. Try rebooting and make sure you check your settings.

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

*Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    Hmm, are you sure you have switched to automatic or ON?

Im running RC3 and I have no issue. I should make note that I'm running a custom Kernel. Im not too sure what could be the problem. Try rebooting and make sure you check your settings.
    Yessir. Tried it all. Flash works on everything besides Camera. I just looked on Cyanogen forums, and saw this -
    FLASH ON PHOTO - CyanogenMod Forum

Same issue their. Rebooting doesn't work. Guess too wait on a fix, or word of the issue.

Okay, weird. I went in and killed all apps, camera was unchecked, so I checked it, and killed it, and while it was being killed the camera flashed. Went into camera, took a picture and it worked. Haha

Sheanzy,

One final question or so on SetCpu after upgrading to RC3:

Did you do anything under Advanced or with Benchmarks. I will leave them as is. Read the web site guide and those areas are Greek to me.

I am using the On Demand setting.

Think I am happy other than playing with profiles.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

RC3 Update:

Internal memory went up even after adding more apps.

Led Color Notifications not working right. Gmail flashes Magenta even though set to Green and Blink Tests don't work for some colors. Did a reset and reboot, no change. May have to reactivate Trackball Alert.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Sheanzy,

One final question or so on SetCpu after upgrading to RC3:

Did you do anything under Advanced or with Benchmarks. I will leave them as is. Read the web site guide and those areas are Greek to me.

I am using the On Demand setting.

Think I am happy other than playing with profiles.
    I don't mess with anything in the Advanced options. Setting profiles to your liking is good enough for everyday stable performance.

As far as your LED notifications go, mine are working fine. My GMail, GTalk, Messaging, and email are all working as is. The only notification that isnt responding is the dialer notification.

When I test LEDs I have no issue with the testing. It's odd that I'm not having any issues that has come up on this thread(LED and camera flash).

It may have something to do with the Kernel Im running. I assume you both are running the kernel that came with RC3? We would have to assk iPhoneSlayer and SlimBurg if they are having these issues because I believe they are running the same Kernel as me.

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

*Follow me on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links