Updating to RC3

This is a discussion on Updating to RC3 within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Sheanzy, Thanks for reply, I will give it time or go back to TA. SetCpu doing fine. Sometimes when I hit home button to get ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Updating to RC3

Sheanzy,

Thanks for reply, I will give it time or go back to TA.

SetCpu doing fine. Sometimes when I hit home button to get all five screens in LauncherPro, it seems like it stretches wide for a split second. May back off OC setting a bit.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I downloaded and updated to RC3 through Rom Manager. I also selected the google addons. I saw on Cyanogen forum that you must install an updated radio and ROM Manager didn't show anything about that and My signal is good except for the odd loss once in a while. Do I need to still flash the radio?

What radio do you have. Radio flashing is the one way you can brick phone. Make sure you do it right.

This link has the 12_7 radio which is the latest and can be flashed from sdcard like roms. Dl it to pc and copy to sdcard.

Nexus One - CyanogenMod Forum

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    What radio do you have. Radio flashing is the one way you can brick phone. Make sure you do it right.

This link has the 12_7 radio which is the latest and can be flashed from sdcard like roms. Dl it to pc and copy to sdcard.

Nexus One - CyanogenMod Forum

Ken
    Is a radio flash required only when there is an official update like 2.2 Froyo and future Gingerbread?

Also, can radio flashing be done via Rom Manager. I have never flash a radio before and it's worrying me.

Mostly, sometimes the devs want a certain radio with their rom. If you go to my link and dl the 12-7 radio, copy it to sd and flash thru clockwork mod, you should be ok. You may not need new radio. What one do you have? Always backup first. Are you up on flashing things this way? No wipe. Just install thru "Install Rom from SD Card and find the radio zip you put on card. See what yout radio number is first.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Calling it a nite

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Is there anyway to check which radio I am currently using?under about phone it says for baseband 32.36.00.28H_4.06.00.12_7

That is the latest!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I hope this is where I need to post this. If not, I am really sorry. If someone will point me in the right direction, I will post there. Since they were talking about "Radio's" I tried here first.

I am not sure what I have done here but things have changed.

I was on RC3. Downloaded a nightly. That was fine. Then I got a little crazy with doing new stuff and went for the Korean Radio I had been hearing about. I thought I got it installed right. Now all this has changed on the "About Phone"

I did have the latest, 12_7 radio. I knew that the Korean radio would change this but I am not sure this is it. Does anyone know?

Am I getting worried about nothing or do I need to change this back? But, I am not sure how now. I don't remember the "AOSP" on there before either. Under Android Version..

Thanks once again...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Google Nexus One Froyo
    Rooted ~ CM 6RC3~ CM6.0 N1~ Nightlies ~
    Was Using~ eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink
    Was Using~ MicroMod's 2.12 Desire SuperHybrid
    Was Using~ MicroMod's Gingerbread CM7 Custom ROM v1.2 (DT's-Ap2Ext,Bat%,Themed
    Was Using ~ BlackDroid's Nexus One - UD 3.1.0Rom
    Was Using ~ CM 7 Gingerbread Green or Blue ExtremeMod ROM
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Quote Originally Posted by judeeg View Post
    I hope this is where I need to post this. If not, I am really sorry. If someone will point me in the right direction, I will post there. Since they were talking about "Radio's" I tried here first.

I am not sure what I have done here but things have changed.

I was on RC3. Downloaded a nightly. That was fine. Then I got a little crazy with doing new stuff and went for the Korean Radio I had been hearing about. I thought I got it installed right. Now all this has changed on the "About Phone"

I did have the latest, 12_7 radio. I knew that the Korean radio would change this but I am not sure this is it. Does anyone know?

Am I getting worried about nothing or do I need to change this back? But, I am not sure how now. I don't remember the "AOSP" on there before either. Under Android Version..

Thanks once again...

Check this thread: What is AOSP?? - xda-developers

You do have the Korean radio flashed. 5.0.8. AOSP simply means Android Open Source Project.

**Keep in mind that the nightlies are highly experimental ROMS. Flash at your own risk .

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links