Updating to RC3

This is a discussion on Updating to RC3 within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; From what I have read on it, that looks right. I remember someone posting something about AOSP. Reboot and look at it again. How is ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Updating to RC3

From what I have read on it, that looks right. I remember someone posting something about AOSP. Reboot and look at it again. How is everything working? Did you notice any difference?
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

judeeg,

Start a thread titled Korean Radio, so people see it. I say this because a member by the name of SubWilly has done that radio and will probably take notice. Flashing radios can be dangerous. But if all is working, great.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by judeeg View Post
    I hope this is where I need to post this. If not, I am really sorry. If someone will point me in the right direction, I will post there. Since they were talking about "Radio's" I tried here first.

I am not sure what I have done here but things have changed.

I was on RC3. Downloaded a nightly. That was fine. Then I got a little crazy with doing new stuff and went for the Korean Radio I had been hearing about. I thought I got it installed right. Now all this has changed on the "About Phone"

I did have the latest, 12_7 radio. I knew that the Korean radio would change this but I am not sure this is it. Does anyone know?

Am I getting worried about nothing or do I need to change this back? But, I am not sure how now. I don't remember the "AOSP" on there before either. Under Android Version..

Thanks once again...

Check this thread: What is AOSP?? - xda-developers

You do have the Korean radio flashed. 5.0.8. AOSP simply means Android Open Source Project.

**Keep in mind that the nightlies are highly experimental ROMS. Flash at your own risk .
    THANK-YOU ONCE AGAIN! I feel much better now..
    Keep us posted on how the sale goes. I hope you get a lot towards your doggies operation!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Google Nexus One Froyo
    Rooted ~ CM 6RC3~ CM6.0 N1~ Nightlies ~
    Was Using~ eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink
    Was Using~ MicroMod's 2.12 Desire SuperHybrid
    Was Using~ MicroMod's Gingerbread CM7 Custom ROM v1.2 (DT's-Ap2Ext,Bat%,Themed
    Was Using ~ BlackDroid's Nexus One - UD 3.1.0Rom
    Was Using ~ CM 7 Gingerbread Green or Blue ExtremeMod ROM
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Mostly, sometimes the devs want a certain radio with their rom. If you go to my link and dl the 12-7 radio, copy it to sd and flash thru clockwork mod, you should be ok. You may not need new radio. What one do you have? Always backup first. Are you up on flashing things this way? No wipe. Just install thru "Install Rom from SD Card and find the radio zip you put on card. See what yout radio number is first.

Ken
    My current radio is up-to-date (4.06.00.12_7). I was just worried about future updates when a new one is required. But as you mentioned, is it just as simple as using Rom Manager and installing it from SD?? I'm scared... :P

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    From what I have read on it, that looks right. I remember someone posting something about AOSP. Reboot and look at it again. How is everything working? Did you notice any difference?
    Thanks for looking Tex. I appreciate it.

Everything seems to be working fine. I was having a little trouble with the video. It all seems to be working ok now. Maybe because I "fixed permissions".
    So far all is good. I can't get 3g in my area. Only edge. Edge does seem faster. Maybe my imagination but whatever it is, I like. lol

Thanks again. I was worried I had done something wrong.
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Kevin,

Yea, Cyan will always have latest radios in zip format on his experimental nexus dl page. But, 12_7 will be good till Gingerbread, I assume.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

judeeg,

Start a thread titled Korean Radio, so people see it. I say this because a member by the name of SubWilly has done that radio and will probably take notice. Flashing radios can be dangerous. But if all is working, great.
    Oh my gosh! I didn't know that flashing radios was dangerous! I thought it was "Kernels" that were tricky & dangerous. If I had read it was the "radios", I wouldn't have done it. I was staying away from the "Kernels". Luck of a beginner I guess.

OK. I can start a new thread. Thank-you for telling me this. I appreciate all the info I can get.
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Kevin,

Yea, Cyan will always have latest radios in zip format on his experimental nexus dl page. But, 12_7 will be good till Gingerbread, I assume.
    That's what I was kind of worried about. I've never flashed a radio before and I heard it's one of the only ways you can brick the phone. Is there a step by step guide on how to flash the radio the easy way?

Quote Originally Posted by judeeg View Post
    judeeg,

Oh my gosh! I didn't know that flashing radios was dangerous! I thought it was "Kernels" that were tricky & dangerous. If I had read it was the "radios", I wouldn't have done it. I was staying away from the "Kernels". Luck of a beginner I guess.

OK. I can start a new thread. Thank-you for telling me this. I appreciate all the info I can get.
    First off, you're welcome! I will be sure to update you on the progress of the dog!

Second, flashing in general is dangerous for your phone. You always risk the chance of bricking your phone. It's more common when flashing Radios. I may also note it's safer to flash through adb rather than recovery.

I flash through recovery because if you follow through with the proper steps, you shouldn't brick your phone. Kernels are EASY to flash. The only part that you risk damaging your phone is if you flash a HIGH MHz Kernel and max the CPU. I have the 1257MHz CPU and if I were to set it there, my phone would freeze, as it did before. Most phones can barely handle 1190MHz and be stable. With my Nexus One, I can run 1190MHz stable. I run a bit below that for a precaution =).

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Kevin,

If you get it in a zip format like from cyan like a mentioned it will be .zip. Double check. Then just dl to pc or phone and get it to root of sd card. Then you can flash as usual. If it is a .img you will need to flash thru Android SDK/ADB.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links