Updating to RC3

This is a discussion on Updating to RC3 within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by rugmankc Kevin, If you get it in a zip format like from cyan like a mentioned it will be .zip. Double check. ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Updating to RC3

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Kevin,

If you get it in a zip format like from cyan like a mentioned it will be .zip. Double check. Then just dl to pc or phone and get it to root of sd card. Then you can flash as usual. If it is a .img you will need to flash thru Android SDK/ADB.
    So after reading some more about flashing radio, the only way one can brick the phone during flashing is if the person interrupts the process like powering off, pulling battery, etc? So if someone flashed an older version or, he/she would just have re-flash the current one? Am I correct?

rugmankc,

When you say "flash as usual," what do you mean exactly? Through Rom Manager?

Correct, that is the way I understand it.

Yes, dl .zip to pc or phone and copy to sd card. If to pc you have to properly mount phone and make sure you properly unmount it. Then use Rom Manager and flash using clockwork recovery. Just choose Install Rom from Sd Card and go to where you placed it on the card. No Wipe!
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Correct, that is the way I understand it.

Yes, dl .zip to pc or phone and copy to sd card. If to pc you have to properly mount phone and make sure you properly unmount it. Then use Rom Manager and flash using clockwork recovery. Just choose Install Rom from Sd Card and go to where you placed it on the card. No Wipe!
    When you say no wipe are you referring to the last prompt when it asks you if you want to backup current rom and clear caches?

You can backup anytime even before you start anything. If I just backed up recently and nothing has changed, I don't do it again. But, yes you don't wipe anything data or cache to install a radio or kernal. Just make sure they are .zips not .img. .img files are flashed thru ADB.

I never JUST cleared caches, so don't know if it effects anything on phone.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links