cyanogen mod install problem

This is a discussion on cyanogen mod install problem within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by almeidamarcell Originally Posted by f0ul99 Originally Posted by almeidamarcell Yes I did root this, but I forgot to wipe, yes and I ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: cyanogen mod install problem

Quote Originally Posted by almeidamarcell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by f0ul99 View Post

Yes I did root this, but I forgot to wipe, yes and I did one click-install too. I just wanna reinstall everything and try root this again.
    Ok. Follow the steps carefully. Wipe then flash CM, then flash gapps. Reboot.

Frankly, I know nothing about the 1 Click Root method because I did it the hard way. You can ask Sheanzy here. He will help you go through.

Light-sabred from my NeXuS One using Tapatalk
    Yeah, but as I said, I cannot acess my phone. Because the boot screen is always there.

But I did Wipe using ClockworkMod Recovery before, and still the same thing. I did it again and still

I'm freaking out, I dont wanna loose my phone! I dont care about my data right now!
    Can you boot to the recovery?

"You don't know the power of the dark side!"

Ok. Follow the steps carefully. Wipe then flash CM, then flash gapps. Reboot.

Frankly, I know nothing about the 1 Click Root method because I did it the hard way. You can ask Sheanzy here. He will help you go through.

Yeah, but as I said, I cannot acess my phone. Because the boot screen is always there.

But I did Wipe using ClockworkMod Recovery before, and still the same thing. I did it again and still

I'm freaking out, I dont wanna loose my phone! I dont care about my data right now!
    Can you boot to the recovery?

yes i can Boot the ClockworkMod Recovery. Ive tried Apply scdcard:update.zip but the installation is aborted all the time.

This update.zip I've download form here -> How to Manually Install Android 2.2 on Nexus One | Android Tapp. Android App Reviews!)

If you can boot to recovery but dont have a backup then Wipe data/cache from recovery.

After that I would suggest to manually put CM6 or 2.2 onto your SD card and flash it from recovery.

Id suggest flashing with ADB. Cant really explain in detail or I would.(sending this from my phone)

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

almeidamarcell,

From what screen are you booting into clockworkmod recovery. In other words how are you getting there. Thru the vol-/pwr button after you pull battery and before phone turns on. Or, from a screen on your phone? Like the Rom Manager screen.

Do you know how to download a .zip to your pc from a web site, mount your phone thru your usb cable and copy the .zip to your sd card?
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    almeidamarcell,

From what screen are you booting into clockworkmod recovery. In other words how are you getting there. Thru the vol-/pwr button after you pull battery and before phone turns on. Or, from a screen on your phone? Like the Rom Manager screen.

Do you know how to download a .zip to your pc from a web site, mount your phone thru your usb cable and copy the .zip to your sd card?
    The clockwokmod I put thru the vol-/pwr button after pull battery and before phone turns on.

And yes i know how to copy files .zip to usb card. I already tried to install froyo thru there but the installation is aborted all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheanzy View Post
    If you can boot to recovery but dont have a backup then Wipe data/cache from recovery.

After that I would suggest to manually put CM6 or 2.2 onto your SD card and flash it from recovery.

Id suggest flashing with ADB. Cant really explain in detail or I would.(sending this from my phone)
    Well, thank god! It's finally working! But I didnt flash with AOB. I just re-install using the clockwordmod. But here is the deal, would be better I reinstall the Android Default OS(format everything)? And then try to root again?

Well, thank god! It's finally working! But I didnt flash with AOB. I just re-install using the clockwordmod. But here is the deal, would be better I reinstall the Android Default OS(format everything)? And then try to root again?
    I'm having trouble understanding. If you have Clockwork installed, You must already be Rooted.

You reinstalled a Nandroid backup? Was it Stock 2.2 android?

You could use Rom Manager to Download and install CM6 for you.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post

I'm having trouble understanding.

You reinstalled a Nandroid backup? or was it Stock 2.2 android?

Sorry about my english.

Well, it's running the CM6 right now! But you think would be better I format everything and then root again? I'm afraid that all this problem mess up somethings.

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post

I'm having trouble understanding.

You reinstalled a Nandroid backup? or was it Stock 2.2 android?

Sorry about my english.

Well, it's running the CM6 right now! But you think would be better I format everything and then root again? I'm afraid that all this problem mess up somethings.
    No worries. Your english is not bad. The terms can be confusing

If you already have CM6 flashed. You should be good to go. I would recommend making a Backup with Rom Manger so you have Something to fall back on incase you run into problems.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Glad you got it almeidamarcell,

I wanted to tell you, you won't lose your phone. But, had to call it an early nite and couldn't get back to you. Sorry. Was glad when I saw your post on it working.

Agree with Slim, your good. Just back with Titanium Backup, prefer paid versions, and do full phone backups before any flashing. When you are ready to flash anything else like kernals etc, let us know and we can confirm your steps before you do them.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    So I'm noticing my Bluetooth voice is not working. Like when you hit dial it won't say speak now or dialing such and such.

Anyone else having that issues? It worked with CM 6 RC3 but not the stable version.

Not a big issues, but just a pet peeve if anything cause when I'm driving I shouldn't have to look at my phone to make sure it recognized the correct name to call.
    Androidfied.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links