cyanogen mod install problem

This is a discussion on cyanogen mod install problem within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I'm so shooting a video on how to flash GAPPS. No matter how simple it is to us all.... I MUST do it. This GAPP ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: cyanogen mod install problem

I'm so shooting a video on how to flash GAPPS. No matter how simple it is to us all.... I MUST do it. This GAPP thing has pushed me to the limit lol.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Great idea! Just need to get folks to read/watch it just like the other guides you have out there. That's probably the biggest challenge.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

but there's an option to add/include GApps though isn't there?

Agreed on the gapps video. There are many who forgot.

Light-sabred from my NeXuS One using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

[QUOTE=Happiboi;72975]but there's an option to add/include GApps though isn't there?[/QUOTE)

Depends how you flash. If you do it by downloading thru Rom Manager it does give you that option. But, if flashing thru recovery or you dl a rom to your pc directly fron cyan website you will need to dl the gapps also. His roms don't include it. Once you have the latest gapps on your sd, you can flash it as a .zip addon after you choose your rom. There is a box that come up with that option during the flashing process. You select add .zip and go find the next item you want to flash. You could even add a kernal as another .zip after the gapps.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

ahhh.. i see.. so much to learn~!

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Great idea! Just need to get folks to read/watch it just like the other guides you have out there. That's probably the biggest challenge.
    The video is up.

Also, people sometimes forget to select "flash GAPPS" when prompted in ROM Manager. That's why I made the video.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Flashing is just another term for installing, which you did when flashed/installed CM6. Don't know about dev tools, you could reinstall it. Or, do you need it, I don't. There are other apps on Market to monitor and/or manage files on phone. Linda Manager is good ans so is Root Explorer.

On the Market, you need to reinstall Google Add Ons to get Market and you Google back.

If you have Rom Manager, I think you said you do, open it, tap on Install Rom from SD Card, clockworkmod, download, mirror.kanged.net. It should be under gapps with a 20100817 date.

Again always back up first.

Don't remember if you have it, but you need Titanium BackUp, paid version to back up apps also before you install stuff.

If you install Titanium, allow Busybox to be installed also. If not prompted, it is under the "problems box at bottom of screen.

Also, a lot of people run "Fix Permissions on the Rom Mananger homescreen and on that homescreen swype the phones menu button, settings, and make sure Advanced is checked.
    Thanks for explain thhis term to me

And about the Google Add Ons I could do all this fine, and the Titanium Backup is already installed too, thanks a lot all of you guys helped me thru this problem.

Glad you are up and running. It is pretty basic after you figure out the terminology and do it once or twice. Just remember to always backup titanium and your phone before playing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

NexusOne rooted. Cyanogen logo in endless loop. Power button broken. Now what?

Quote Originally Posted by bhk1004 View Post
    followed the instructions on the one click root page, and now for some reason it seems my phone is in a constant loop loading the cyanogen mod logo over and over again, its been like 20 minutes. do i need to keep waiting? or should I try to reboot my phone?
    Yes, i have the same problem. I managed to root it through some 1-click metohd - Jaxov - and now the Cyangen loops endlessly. Every half hour it reboots and the logo loops.

Then I saw this site and saw that you needed to do wipe something thru the fastboot screen before the installation of Cyanogen worked.

Here is my problem: MY POWER BUTTON IS BROKEN! A fabrication problem obviously and I cannot ship it back as I live in Sweden.... Not US..

How can I get my NexusOne back? Have I lost it?

/ Mars Erik

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links