cyanogen mod install problem

This is a discussion on cyanogen mod install problem within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Yea, you need to wipe or you will continue to get a bootloop. As far as your power button malfunction, I made sure to enable ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: cyanogen mod install problem

Yea, you need to wipe or you will continue to get a bootloop.

As far as your power button malfunction, I made sure to enable trackball wake within Cyanogen just in case of a power button issue.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Cyanogen logo loops with power button malfunction.

Thanx for your comments.
    Hmmm... There was no info about the need to "wipe".
    1. How do you perform the wipe? Thru a command via adb? Can you do that without theower button? How, when do you do a "wipe"?
    2. How can you activate the trackballwake in Cyanogen before you install it? Seems difficult.
    Well, the logo loops - I have once got the debug/restore screen during this week of endless looping, it suddenly went into that screen - but I could not seee any wipe option, anyhow I could not activate anything as the power button malfunctions - and tgen the endless logo came back. It continues until battery finishes.

So I ask again the NexusOne is lost for me? How to do the wipe without the power button? PLEASE HELP

did you get it working?

wow, I think you need to read a lot more on installing roms before you continue. you can get into a lot of trouble winging it. There are guides in the stickies on this forum. you need a rom that supports trackball wake. I don't think there is a similar feature on stock. And without a pwr button, you won't be able to move thru some recovery screens nor do some reboots. I assume the pwr button doesn't work for anything, right?

You need a functional phone to do this stuff. And, a lot of study before trying.

I hope you get it sorted out.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by emwmswg View Post
    Thanx for your comments.
    Hmmm... There was no info about the need to "wipe".
    1. How do you perform the wipe? Thru a command via adb? Can you do that without theower button? How, when do you do a "wipe"?
    2. How can you activate the trackballwake in Cyanogen before you install it? Seems difficult.
    Well, the logo loops - I have once got the debug/restore screen during this week of endless looping, it suddenly went into that screen - but I could not seee any wipe option, anyhow I could not activate anything as the power button malfunctions - and tgen the endless logo came back. It continues until battery finishes.

So I ask again the NexusOne is lost for me? How to do the wipe without the power button? PLEASE HELP
    You need to read the op pages on these roms, they give install instructions. I always read the last 20 pages or so of the thread, looking for tips an hints on what is and isn't working and latest updates.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

BTW, if you get it sorted out and have trackball wake, there is an app from the market called quickboot, that saves on using pwr button also.

But, like I mentioned, some emergency reboots require the pwr button or you are screwed. A battery pull sometimes works for a lot of problems, did you do that. Sorry if I missed that in some other post.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

In order to get trackballwake i manage to root but when installing cyanogen the nexusone loops endlessly. Need to do a wipe??? Wipe the sd-card? Nobody explains what that is?? Can i use the pc to check the content of the sd-card and thus continue? I can reach the bootloader screen (3 skating androids) with choices: bootloader, reboot, reboot bootloader, power down. But cannot do anything without powerbutton.
    Seems like i am screwed. Any Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    did you get it working?

wow, I think you need to read a lot more on installing roms before you continue. you can get into a lot of trouble winging it. There are guides in the stickies on this forum. you need a rom that supports trackball wake. I don't think there is a similar feature on stock. And without a pwr button, you won't be able to move thru some recovery screens nor do some reboots. I assume the pwr button doesn't work for anything, right?

You need a functional phone to do this stuff. And, a lot of study before trying.

I hope you get it sorted out.

Ken

Thanx for your support - Yes i am a real newbie - no i did not get it worked out - i hate this - i would never tried this but what can you do without a power button... I know about the other quickboot to live without the pwr button - but it loops and loops and loops.... I was a business trip 3 days - and it continues to loop, to loop, to loop, to loop, -

No answers so far. Could I take out my sd-card and format it in my pc and then put it back in the NexusOne? Any ideas?
    /Mats Erik with an NexusOne with broken pwr btn that endlessly loops

Me again. I swapped the sd-card with a new one just to see if something changed - Nope. Please anybody HELP - what should I wipe? On the sd-card or on the phone? Should I format the sd-card on some peculiar way. Just to get rid of the Bootlogo....
    /HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by emwmswg View Post
    Me again. I swapped the sd-card with a new one just to see if something changed - Nope. Please anybody HELP - what should I wipe? On the sd-card or on the phone? Should I format the sd-card on some peculiar way. Just to get rid of the Bootlogo....
    /HELP!
    Man. So many problems there. First, u didn't read enough before you do it. That's really messed it up. 2nd, how you are going to boot your N1 if the power button is broke? You NEED it to go to recovery.

1. Is the power button really not functioning??? If not, there is nothing can be done. You need to press trackball + power button to go to recovery. (Amon-Ra?)

2. Wipe the data on your phone not SD card. You surely didn't read that part. That is the most important thing to do. Wipe data, wipe dalvik-cache, wipe partition (if u have any).
    All these option are in the recovery. Before u flash any roms, wipe is necessery. Some roms need to be wiped thrice.

3. You are having boot-loop because you forgot to wipe before u flash your rom. In normal circumstances, I would turn off N1 and boot again to recovery (trackball+power button). In recovery, I'll choose to wipe data, wipe dalvic-cache and reflash the rom again. Then flash gapps (I assumed u flashed CyanogenMod). Reboot. (There is a reboot option in recovery).

4. 1st boot while take a while. Done.

5. Format your SD card is useless. You'll delete you CM rom. How you are going to flash it back?

6. If somehow you can get your power button working, I suggest u go to recovery, wipe and reflash.

7. I have read there are a way to boot your N1 if the power button is broke. It require u to use the charger and remove back and forth the battery. I forgot how. Go find the thread.

Good luck.

I use Tapatalk!
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links