cyanogen mod install problem

This is a discussion on cyanogen mod install problem within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; emwmsw, You may have no alternative than to get a new phone. As mentioned, the pwr button is required when moving thru some recovery screens. ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: cyanogen mod install problem

emwmsw,

You may have no alternative than to get a new phone. As mentioned, the pwr button is required when moving thru some recovery screens.

If you one clicked your bootloader is not unlocked and HTC should repair or swap it

Check out this thread: Use volume button, trackball to wake up your Android with No-Lock | AndGeeks

You can also like I did google nexus one power button issues, not exact words but you get the point

But, still with no working pwr button, rooting and installing roms is out of the question, as far as I know.

Can you take battery out and see up toward pwr button contacts. Either from the inside or from the outside maybe spray some electrical contact cleaner would help. Spray it good it won't hurt circuits. Still at your own risk.

If you get it working lots of reading and googling needed to to do this stuff. I spent 200 hours studying before I ever attempted anything and read most of all the pages on the individual rom threads for info and tips. Even after almost seven months I still screw up. The order in which you do do some of this stuff must be followed and some things like pulling a battery during a kernal install can brick you. he terminology is confusing too. Like a separate language. It took me three days and googling to figure out how to go back a screen in some recoveries. Guess what it was. Pressing the pwr button. There may be a local repair shop that might fix it for you??

Good Luck,

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Thanx rugmankc, f0uI99
    Very nice to have some constructive and moral support,
    Yes, I did not have the time to read thru the manuals. How does? I did what everybody else do - and if I had the pwr button working it would have been easy to do the necessary wipes.
    1) Send it back to US and HTC support with mail and hope they fixed it. I made a one-click thing where the bootloader was not harmed - so they should do that?
    2) First try to clean it and spray it to get the power button back momentarily

/Thanks again - keep you posted...

Good luck on it

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links