RC3...i think i bricked my phone!

This is a discussion on RC3...i think i bricked my phone! within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; i have RC3 right now...went to xda and downloaded this: [N1 Theme] NexTheme 2.2 Quick Port for CM6 RC3 - xda-developers i followed the instructions ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RC3...i think i bricked my phone!

RC3...i think i bricked my phone!

i have RC3 right now...went to xda and downloaded this:
    [N1 Theme] NexTheme 2.2 Quick Port for CM6 RC3 - xda-developers

i followed the instructions but i got lots of fc's...my N1 cant even stay on the main screen...i called tmobile and transferred my call to N1 tech support...all they said was arrange for handset exchange/repair from htc because it's rooted...i explained to her about the 1 click root, but she insisted that the warranty is void and she cant do anything to help...

now, im panicking and did a factory reset/wipe/erase data/reboot and its just the constant boot animation from RC3 right now! i dunno what to do next...

this is what i get in trying to experiment...im just kicking myself right now...

please help & thanx in advance..
    Other phones will make fun of your virgin phone. Then your virgin phone will feel ugly and fat. It will have self esteem issues and start to hang around iPhones. Then it will end up in a dark drawer next to a dirty iPod and a whole lot of regrets. Is this want you want WERA!!
    For the love of God and your Nexus One. Root it!!!:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by nexgoose View Post
    i have RC3 right now...went to xda and downloaded this:
    [N1 Theme] NexTheme 2.2 Quick Port for CM6 RC3 - xda-developers

i followed the instructions but i got lots of fc's...my N1 cant even stay on the main screen...i called tmobile and transferred my call to N1 tech support...all they said was arrange for handset exchange/repair from htc because it's rooted...i explained to her about the 1 click root, but she insisted that the warranty is void and she cant do anything to help...

now, im panicking and did a factory reset/wipe/erase data/reboot and its just the constant boot animation from RC3 right now! i dunno what to do next...

this is what i get in trying to experiment...im just kicking myself right now...

please help & thanx in advance..
    Ok...if you are passed the :nexusx: then you're not it bad shape. You'll just have to recover your backup. Did you use Clockwork Rom Manager to backup?

If you did, then turn off your phone, then press vol down and power on. When you get to the boot screen press vol down until you get to "Recovery". Press power.
    I'm not sure how the next step looks, but basically you need to Select Clockwork recovery and select one of your backups. Then you'll have to reboot and your phone will be back to where it was when you backed it up.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

it went to the green screen and i clicked apply zip from sdcard...found:

titanium backup/
    "no file found"

clockworkmod/
    "no file found"

i followed the how-to that i found here for factory reset, but it didnt work too.....
    Other phones will make fun of your virgin phone. Then your virgin phone will feel ugly and fat. It will have self esteem issues and start to hang around iPhones. Then it will end up in a dark drawer next to a dirty iPod and a whole lot of regrets. Is this want you want WERA!!

Quote Originally Posted by nexgoose View Post
    it went to the green screen and i clicked apply zip from sdcard...found:

titanium backup/
    "no file found"

clockworkmod/
    "no file found"

i followed the how-to that i found here for factory reset, but it didnt work too.....
    OK..I'm doing the steps with ya.
    Instead of selecting "apply zip from sdcard" select "nandroid" Then restore.

F**k I just backed up my phone. I tried to get out and accidently selected backup. LOL at least I didn't restore an old back up . Oh well no harm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

right now i did the nextheme again since cw are not found...then nandroid backup then restore...

will report in a few...

GOT IT!!!!

im back baby...thanx slayer!!!!

this morning i switched sdcard to a 16...then i was thinking of options to fix it and i was like let me put the old card...so there it was!!! cw was there and did a nandroid restore and viola!!!!

now, how do i get back all my apps and settings? sorry...just exhausted and worried..

big thanx man!!!!!!

Your're welcome nex. Glad I could help.
    Restoring your backup should bring back the same settings and apps you had at the time you backed it up.
    I've only restored a backup once and everything was exactly the same.
    But if it's not there, did you use Titanium to backup your apps and settings?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

yup titanium...then gapps...restored everything...even launcherpro settings!

thanx N1 brother!

nexgoose,

I always recommend backing up sd card also. It has saved my a-- more than once.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I love nandroid Backups. There's been a couple times I've been thankful for the backup. Especially after trying the CM6 alpha (didn't work on my phone). 5 minutes after giving up, I was back into the stock rom with no data loss.
    ATT N1 Arrived - 5-18-2010
    Rooted - 7/4/2010

Running:
    Froyo FRF91 w/ root

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links