CM6 Tweeks Guide

This is a discussion on CM6 Tweeks Guide within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; You're welcome rugman! That guide saved me a lot of "trail and error" time....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CM6 Tweeks Guide

You're welcome rugman! That guide saved me a lot of "trail and error" time.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Yea, before I saw your post and the guide, I said what the heck is that stuff!! CM6 is absolutely awesome.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

thanx slayer!!!! i'm tired of testing and rebooting just to see what colors i chose lol

there's also the "pulldown bar color"

EXCELLENT POST BRO!!!!
    Other phones will make fun of your virgin phone. Then your virgin phone will feel ugly and fat. It will have self esteem issues and start to hang around iPhones. Then it will end up in a dark drawer next to a dirty iPod and a whole lot of regrets. Is this want you want WERA!!
    For the love of God and your Nexus One. Root it!!!:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

You're welcome, but credit should go to Gary LaTraille, the author of the guide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

He will appreciate that.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Also, check out the new Sound Settings with the latest nightly 8/19 under CM Settings. There is sound feature to adjust volume up or down. I haven't seen that before and as the N1 volume was always to low for me, this is nice.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

cxm
    does anyone know of a good step-by-step guide for theme-ing the n1. I am on cyanogen 6 rc3. I have downloaded metamorph, backed up current setup with rom manager. Downloaded a few themes that I think are compatible - tried to open them with metamorph but just get error messages about the theme files not being correct...

any advice gratefully received.

Quote Originally Posted by cxm View Post
    does anyone know of a good step-by-step guide for theme-ing the n1. I am on cyanogen 6 rc3. I have downloaded metamorph, backed up current setup with rom manager. Downloaded a few themes that I think are compatible - tried to open them with metamorph but just get error messages about the theme files not being correct...

any advice gratefully received.
    I haven't tried a morph yet but I found this link: [MetaMorph] Thread for Morphs for the Nexus One. Post Only Morphs Here - xda-developers
    I've read that themes have to be updated if you flash a new rom or nightly.

Here's the "How to" part of the link.

How to Apply Morphs

Step 1
    Download MetaMorph from the Market.

Step 2
    Download the MetaMorph file of your choice and place it on your sdcard. I have a folder on my sdcard called "morphs" where I place all of my metamorph files.

Step 3
    Open the MetaMorph app, select always allow, then press allow. Select Pick theme. Go to the folder where you put your metamorph files and select the one you want to apply.

Step 4
    If you want to apply everything in the morph, then select apply all. MetaMorph will then begin to run through the process of applying the images to your .apk's. This will take a while if there are a lot of .apk's to be skinned.

Step 5
    Once MetaMorph has gone through the process of applying the theme, You are done. Unless you applied a morph which has framework-res.apk in it, then you will have to reboot your phone, then you are done.

F.A.Q.s
    Does my phone need to be rooted?
    Yes

Should I nandroid before applying any of these?
    Yes, if you are uncomfortable with applying morphs or think there is a chance you may want to easily revert back to what you previously had.

Do I have to give credit if I use post any work that I borrowed/kanged from someone else?
    It is considered a professional courtesy to credit where you got any work that you didn't make yourself, so yes, unless the author has EXPLICITLY stated that he or she doesn't care, even then you should.

Do I have to reboot?
    If the morph you applied modified any .jar files or modified framework-res.apk

My widgets are messed up on my homescreen!?!
    This happens any time you apply a morph that includes Launcher2.apk/Launcher.apk (if you use it). Just remove them and reset them.

Why should I care about using morphs or Metamorph?
    If you have a desire to change the visual appeal or aesthetics of your phone, then you should look into Metamorph

.xml or .thm file?
    .xml is the new way that Metamorph is told what to do. It is was introduced in 1.9.7 (I think, I know it is in 1.9.8). .thm is only supported in the free 1.9.4 version of Metamorph. If you place both a .thm and a .xml file in your morph than it should work with either version. Eventually all morphs will need to be updated with a .xml file to work.

Disclaimer
    You are responsible for your phone and anything you do to it. Do not apply any of these unless you are willing to take full responsibility for anything that could go wrong as a result. Always remember, when in doubt, nandroid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

cxm
    Thanks - that is one of the threads that I was trying to follow but it keeps giving me an error message when i choose one of the themes from the sd card. suppose I can live without, but just like to play............

Has anyone noticed on CM6 RC3, when you first unlock your phone from being idle, at the homescreen when you swipe your finger to the right or left, I notice on mine I have to swipe a second time cause of delay on the first swipe. I never had this issue on RC1. Anyone? Kind of frustrating..

Edit: I think I may have found the culprit. When I recently updated beautiful widget to the latest version, the animation that shows up right after I unlock the phone, delays the swiping of my finger. I waited to finish the animation, then tried swiping, it was fine (single swipe). It's annoying how beautiful widget create that minor bug, or get rid of that animation altogether!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links