Korean Radio

This is a discussion on Korean Radio within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; I posted this earlier at http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...ing-rc3-4.html I received some good answers & found out more I needed to know. I am starting a new thread ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Korean Radio

Korean Radio

I posted this earlier at http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...ing-rc3-4.html

I received some good answers & found out more I needed to know.

I am starting a new thread here so maybe others with this "Korean Radio" would take notice & tell me more. Thanks for your time & reply's.

I am not sure what I have done here but things have changed.

I was on RC3. Downloaded a nightly. That was fine. Then I got a little crazy with doing new stuff and went for the Korean Radio I had been hearing about. I thought I got it installed right. Now all this has changed on the "About Phone"

I did have the latest, 12_7 radio. I knew that the Korean radio would change this but I am not sure this is it. Does anyone know?

Am I getting worried about nothing or do I need to change this back? But, I am not sure how now. I don't remember the "AOSP" on there before either. Under Android Version..

Thanks once again...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Google Nexus One Froyo
    Rooted ~ CM 6RC3~ CM6.0 N1~ Nightlies ~
    Was Using~ eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink
    Was Using~ MicroMod's 2.12 Desire SuperHybrid
    Was Using~ MicroMod's Gingerbread CM7 Custom ROM v1.2 (DT's-Ap2Ext,Bat%,Themed
    Was Using ~ BlackDroid's Nexus One - UD 3.1.0Rom
    Was Using ~ CM 7 Gingerbread Green or Blue ExtremeMod ROM
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm still on the fence with this Radio.img have you noticed any difference in 3G Download speeds?
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Hey, SubWilly, where are you.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

As I said before, my speeds are incredible. No need to risk bricking my phone when I'm more than pleased with my speeds.

Unless I uploaded/downloaded/seeded torrents from my phone, that extra 1mb is huugeee. Other than that, it's just not my bowl of cereal.....

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    I'm still on the fence with this Radio.img have you noticed any difference in 3G Download speeds?

I can't say I know anything about it other than what I read. That is what made me want to use it.

Where I am at I only have "Edge" I can't get 3g. Makes me really want it so I can see how the N1 can really operate! I can tell you this. The "Edge" has changed for the better. I don't know if it is the "Korean Radio" or maybe the carrier. I was getting 140 to 170 kbps downloads before. Today I have a pretty consistent 205 to 217 kbps downloads. I know this is really really slow for all who are on 3g and higher...but for me this is much better "Edge" than what I was getting.

I have noticed that my phone seems to be getting hotter to the touch though. Not all the time but while I was testing it with "Speed Test.Net". I don't remember it getting hot before but maybe it did. I need to take better notes before I do anything else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Google Nexus One Froyo
    Rooted ~ CM 6RC3~ CM6.0 N1~ Nightlies ~
    Was Using~ eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink
    Was Using~ MicroMod's 2.12 Desire SuperHybrid
    Was Using~ MicroMod's Gingerbread CM7 Custom ROM v1.2 (DT's-Ap2Ext,Bat%,Themed
    Was Using ~ BlackDroid's Nexus One - UD 3.1.0Rom
    Was Using ~ CM 7 Gingerbread Green or Blue ExtremeMod ROM
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

Quote Originally Posted by judeeg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post

I can't say I know anything about it other than what I read. That is what made me want to use it.

Where I am at I only have "Edge" I can't get 3g. Makes me really want it so I can see how the N1 can really operate! I can tell you this. The "Edge" has changed for the better. I don't know if it is the "Korean Radio" or maybe the carrier. I was getting 140 to 170 kbps downloads before. Today I have a pretty consistent 205 to 217 kbps downloads. I know this is really really slow for all who are on 3g and higher...but for me this is much better "Edge" than what I was getting.

I have noticed that my phone seems to be getting hotter to the touch though. Not all the time but while I was testing it with "Speed Test.Net". I don't remember it getting hot before but maybe it did. I need to take better notes before I do anything else.
    What was the temperature of the phone? Haha, When I went on a trip with the girlfriend to Cedar Point, I used my N1 for GPS and it exceeded 119 degrees.

I had to set it in front of the AC for awhile =). It can handle!

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

I installed the korean radio and did some non-scientific speed tests on it.

I tested each radio 3 times (3 before, 3 after) to try and get a reasonable idea of the average speeds.

My results are as follows.
    Downloads: Mostly unchanged, maybe slightly slower but well within any margin of error.
    Uploads: Consistently faster and less "jerky" on speed test app.
    Pings: Maybe half of what the old radio was doing (lower is better).

General observations:
    My phone's browser seems to render pages more fluidly now. As if it was getting a more reliable data stream, albeit maybe a bit slower. Sending email seems to take less time, although that may be completely perceptual.

Overall, I'm glad I did the upgrade.
    ATT N1 Arrived - 5-18-2010
    Rooted - 7/4/2010

Running:
    Froyo FRF91 w/ root

Hey guys, I'm bumping this thread to see if any users of the korean radio.img can chime in with their input. I'm sure there has to be more than 3 ppl on the forum using the korean radio.

I'm curious to see if it lives up to the hype or if its a placebo effect.

TIA!

I don't think many are. This thread is in line with others at XDA etc and it is a mixed review.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Yeah, I'm a member there, and on the CM forums and its mixed reviews. I was hoping someone would be able to provide better data to or against. Or perhaps some testimonial. I currently get satisfactory reception and up/download speeds. But its nice to squeeze every bit of performance we can, right?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links