Are you just starting out on your N1 adventure?

This is a discussion on Are you just starting out on your N1 adventure? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Here are just a few guides to look over for those just beginning. It will eliminate a lot of REALLY BASIC Questions? Threads. Some parts ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you just starting out on your N1 adventure?

Are you just starting out on your N1 adventure?

Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Excellent thread rugmankc. I wish this would get at sticky! Verryyy important pieces of information in each link.

EDIT: In some posts you say you won't be around for a few? Where are you leaving to? We here at N1forums neeeeed rugmankc!

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Sheanzy

I think I meant, had to call it quits for a few hours or the nite. Not going anywhere. I enjoy helping where I can. And learning from others like you and Slim and iPhoneSlayer. I am still somewhat of a noob at this and forget things quickly if I don't do them frequently. You are so patient with folks.

The only difference with me compared to a lot of newcomers, is I started out with Android SDK and ADB and had to learn the why's of everything too. But, boy I spent DOZENS of hours researching, pouring over forums and guides and hopefully asking good questions after I exhausted my research. But, some were probably pretty dumb.

BTW, ADB is still Greek to me, and scares me!

Ken

PS: Did you get the 8/21 or 8/22 nightly? Heard one of them has touch focus. Not into video/camera, but it may be of interest to you and some others. Saw on the Cyan Nightly Forum. Sorry if that is old news.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

+1 on the Sticky Suggestion! Good info here.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Sheanzy

I think I meant, had to call it quits for a few hours or the nite. Not going anywhere. I enjoy helping where I can. And learning from others like you and Slim and iPhoneSlayer. I am still somewhat of a noob at this and forget things quickly if I don't do them frequently. You are so patient with folks.

The only difference with me compared to a lot of newcomers, is I started out with Android SDK and ADB and had to learn the why's of everything too. But, boy I spent DOZENS of hours researching, pouring over forums and guides and hopefully asking good questions after I exhausted my research. But, some were probably pretty dumb.

BTW, ADB is still Greek to me, and scares me!

Ken

PS: Did you get the 8/21 or 8/22 nightly? Heard one of them has touch focus. Not into video/camera, but it may be of interest to you and some others. Saw on the Cyan Nightly Forum. Sorry if that is old news.
    I'm patient because there's no need to get worked up =). I'm relaxed and always here if anyone needs help. I'll do the best I can to help. ADB is scary at first, but once you learn the commands, it's easy!

I'm sticking with RC3. Touch focus would be nice though! I'm sure a final release is soon, so I'll just wait for that.

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Here is a good article for new root users.

12 Essential Applications for your Rooted Android device
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Excellent apps. Many are essential.

Thanks Slim

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Nice post rugmankc. I'm sure it will come in handy for me as well as many others.

Thanks for the post rugmankc... I'll be coming back to this thread!

Thank you rugmankc & all my old friends!

R.E.S.P.E.C.T

for
    1) the Info
    2) Agreeing to disagree
    AND MOST IMPORTANTLY
    3) Keeping the Faith (& Freedom Alive)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links