Should Aseems Root?

This is a discussion on Should Aseems Root? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Lol fair enough. Although...the 1 click method does not unlock the bootloader. Just some food for thought my friend....

View Poll Results: Disconnecting a received call is a pain on Samsung Note - can't switch to phone app

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • This is an Android Problem

0 0%
  • This is Samsung Note Issue

0 0%
  • This is configuration problem

0 0%
  • Specific to some handsets only

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Aseems Root?

Lol fair enough. Although...the 1 click method does not unlock the bootloader. Just some food for thought my friend.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

You don't unlock the bootloader on the one click method. Warranty is intact. Just fun and a learning curve. Something to do.

It's like that new bike your childhood buddy just got. You know you just have to ride it, with or without his permission.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    Lol fair enough. Although...the 1 click method does not unlock the bootloader. Just some food for thought my friend.
    This is one of the main reasons that I rooted. I was also one who did not want to unlock the bootloader and void my warranty.

Now I'm loving the Cyanogenmod, the SetCPU, the much more free space (ROM and RAM), the many widgets that I no longer need, etc. etc. etc.

The list really goes on and on!!

I rooted last month and have been very happy with the results. At first I was using MoDaCo's Custom Rom and loved it. I am now on Enomther's v2.11.3 and this will be the ROM I'll use for a while. It has been as stable as stock 2.2 and I love the Manup Theme on it.

OctoPi,

What do you like about it over Cyan Mods?

Can you use LauncherPro with it, would assume so?

I am not familiar with it, but have heard the name around.

Any dl link?

I used Modaco r21 and happy, but not as many teaks as Cyan.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

I live on the otherside (geographically & philosophically) globally

Thank you David

We're up against the Google Goliaths and GIANTS of & Dark Side ...

But i didn't quite understand what you meant by "Now maybe if I had a friend who rooted his Nexus One to take mine to, I might think otherwise. "

AND TO THE REST OF YOU

Thank you ALL for ALL YOUR LOVE!!!!

Really, owning this phone has changed my life.

ALL THANKS TO THIS FORUM and the EXCLUSIVITY of OWNING this Limited Edition piece of Awesome Technology...

While the freedom of Android, the Idea behind a Network Free Mobile Solution (and the lack thereof from Job's crapple) was precisely behind my buying the N1

I fear and dread screwing with Don't be evil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Google, and what they consider a non-techie Moron (IQ 50-69), Imbecile (IQ 20-49) or Idiot (below 20) like me is able to handle.

Larry & Sergey's organisation have given me so much freedom within their Google Ranch (as opposed to the crapple closed garden and the whims and fancies of Adolph Jobs - iPhone users hold your iPhone correctly dummkopf! )

I mean was literally sh*t*ng BRICKS when i ticked "Unknown Sources" to install swype (i unticked immediately after installation)... it was so traumatic...

I would die a thousand deaths if i ever bricked this piece of my universe, AND missed out on having such lovely dialogues, with such great people like yourselves...

IF something better comes along AND I have scrimped enough to buy it (currently scrimping for a Nikon DSLR)

THEN

I WILL root

promise

Thank you for this gift of your thoughtfulness and time

i REALLY am touched (not just mentally) emotionally

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    I voted against Aseems rooting. I haven't rooted ... I have thought about rooting ... but have read enough "Help me" postings on this board that I will not root. The one click root that was posted a week or so ago had me running the thought in my head for a couple of days but then I started seeing more "help me" posts that I decided it just isn't for me.
    Now maybe if I had a friend who rooted his Nexus One to take mine to, I might think otherwise. But this is a company bought phone, and I use it too much and enjoy it too much to risk bricking it and having to go back to my blackberry.

Wink

Can you at least change your sig to say "HESITATE TO ROOT"? :rofl3:

aseems,

If you change your mind, lots of experienced folks to talk you thru it. Read a lot prior. Sheanzy is good at talking people thru things over gtalk.

You can't brick these things unless screwing up on a radio install, like pulling the battery during it. At least that is how I understand it. I even tried to install a desire rom on my N1 by mistake. Got it working on my own. I can't think of anyone I have seen post horror stories after rooting, not get it back to working condition.

I think most of the folks with problems jumped in before they even understood their phone. Like, how do I check and see what build # I have or what radiois installed.

I doubt if you are there with plus 300 posts.

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

You can take baby steps.
    Use the 1 click root app to root. Install apps like setcpu, titanium backup, shootme, etc.
    And if you don't like it, uninstall the apps and press "unroot". And your phone will be back it it's virgin state.
    Don't install any roms until you're ready to take the next step. We all got your back bro. Use the power of this forum

Plus, you're a smart guy! It's so easy, even Beer Goggles can do it
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Plus, you're a smart guy! It's so easy, even Beer Goggles can do it
    If that doesn't sell you, I don't know what will....

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links