Should Aseems Root?

This is a discussion on Should Aseems Root? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Thanks you Guys for being just so AWESOME! You are The BEST Thanks for being on the N1F, It Rocks Because of YOU!...

View Poll Results: Disconnecting a received call is a pain on Samsung Note - can't switch to phone app

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • This is an Android Problem

0 0%
  • This is Samsung Note Issue

0 0%
  • This is configuration problem

0 0%
  • Specific to some handsets only

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Aseems Root?

Cool NexusOneForum.Net Rocks!

Thanks you Guys for being just so AWESOME!

You are The BEST

Thanks for being on the N1F,

It Rocks Because of YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    Thanks you Guys for being just so AWESOME!

You are The BEST

Thanks for being on the N1F,

It Rocks Because of YOU!

Okay, I'm going to get this off my chest. You are the most up-beat and loving-life type of person I've ever met... Well come into contact with.

Oh, btw... Thanks for the follow on Twitter =). You will get some interesting tweets from me! :nexusx:

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

I Stand Humbled

But i must confess i'm just following WERA689/ SliceBurgSlim & Your examples

Well Aseems, I totally respect your stand-firm decision. Understood your love for your awesome N1 because I felt the same way too ( before I robbed its virginity ). It was an expensive 4" stuff I'd ever bought. Cost lots of sweat too. And it was well deserved money.

Anyway, I agree with rugmankc that with or without root, 2.2 is still awesome. You can still get chicks with the live wallpaper alone.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    WELL

It "aseem" to be okay staying stocked. Nothing absolutely wrong with that. And I was very GUNG HO about never wanting to root my self. Trust me. Just by the 1001 questions and posts I put up Wed when I rooted, I was SCARED S***ing bricks (you know as in bricking my phone :rofl3 and was ready to ban the root gang. (j/k)

My heart drop when the screen froze backing up my stock, but everyone assured me that I couldn't brick my phone and behold I didn't. Just took battery out and started the CM install and back up again. 2nd round 0 issues. I probably should had rebooted my phone first before starting the process to have a clean slate on n1.

I can't tell you how much I absolutely love being rooted.

Color Trackball Sucession is my FAVORITE feature. Right now as I type it is flashing green, blue, orange (hook em) then purple for my SMS, Gmail, Debugging and Yahoo Mail notification currently in that order. Even while the screen is ON! Oh I love that so much. No more Blink or Gmail notifier or other 3rd party trackball colors other than the ones that default with the app like Facebook or Yahoo Mail. Even then they coincide with CM6 flawless and still blink in its order

Second favorite add on is the color Notification bar (now burnt orange to fit my LONGHORN theme (HOOK EM x 2).

Third favorite is no longer hooking up to the SDK just to get a screen shot. I'm currently using Drocap2 for screenshot. Love it. Makes my life simplified.

I'm kinda weary about dealing with themes and everything cause I'm still learning, but rest assure the great people on this board are wonderful helping people. I haven't seen anyone act stuck up with rhetorical question like some boards can become with new people converting.

The 1 click app made the process very very painless. Rom Manager made the download of CM6 simple. When I seen links here and links there for the same thing I said screw it, but when I seen that 1 click will keep your bootloader locked and only had one thread, one link, and one instruction, I said the hell (Thank you Sheanzy).

My 3g is stupid fast (stupid in a good way ). Half the time I just stopped using wifi cause it loads quicker. My Bluetooth connection seem clearer when playing music in my car.

Take it from me I said nope, never, no way. Now the PEOPLE have corrupted me. DAMN YOU FOR MAKING GO BORG!

But we all respect your decision of course. But I have to admit, it is great being rooted using 1 click. If it wasn't for it, I wouldn't even bother nor cared about rooting. Real Talk.
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    WELL

It "aseem" to be okay staying stocked. Nothing absolutely wrong with that. And I was very GUNG HO about never wanting to root my self. Trust me. Just by the 1001 questions and posts I put up Wed when I rooted, I was SCARED S***ing bricks (you know as in bricking my phone :rofl3 and was ready to ban the root gang. (j/k)

My heart drop when the screen froze backing up my stock, but everyone assured me that I couldn't brick my phone and behold I didn't. Just took battery out and started the CM install and back up again. 2nd round 0 issues. I probably should had rebooted my phone first before starting the process to have a clean slate on n1.

Color Trackball Sucession is my FAVORITE feature. Right now as I type it is flashing green, blue, orange (hook em) then purple for my SMS, Gmail, Debugging and Yahoo Mail notification currently in that order. Even while the screen is ON! Oh I love that so much. No more Blink or Gmail notifier or other 3rd party trackball colors other than the ones that default with the app like Facebook or Yahoo Mail. Even then they coincide with CM6 flawless and still blink in its order

Second favorite add on is the color Notification bar (now burnt orange to fit my LONGHORN theme (HOOK EM x 2).

Third favorite is no longer hooking up to the SDK just to get a screen shot. I'm currently using Drocap2 for screenshot. Love it. Makes my life simplified.

I'm kinda weary about dealing with themes and everything cause I'm still learning, but rest assure the great people on this board are wonderful helping people. I haven't seen anyone act stuck up with rhetorical question like some boards can become with new people converting.

The 1 click app made the process very very painless. Rom Manager made the download of CM6 simple. When I seen links here and links there for the same thing I said screw it, but when I seen that 1 click will keep your bootloader locked and only had one thread, one link, and one instruction, I said the hell (Thank you Sheanzy).

My 3g is stupid fast (stupid in a good way ). Half the time I just stopped using wifi cause it loads quicker. My Bluetooth connection seem clearer when playing music in my car.

Take it from me I said nope, never, no way. Now the PEOPLE have corrupted me. DAMN YOU FOR MAKING GO BORG!

But we all respect your decision of course. But I have to admit, it is great being rooted using 1 click. If it wasn't for it, I wouldn't even bother nor cared about rooting. Real Talk.
    Resistance is Futile!

Themes are really a snap tho. It usually just involves flashing a zip in recovery. Metamorph is a snap too. I just Metamorphed Flavored Ice Darkberry last night and flashed the phone.apk. I must say it worked like a charm. Hit me up if you want more info on Metamorph
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

There are some cool themes for Cyanogens ADW launcher in the market. I'm currently using Droid X, which changes the stock app icons and the froyo bottom bit (the phone, app drawer and internet icon bar bit).

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    WELL

Reading this made me smile in this cold morning. Congrats.

Themes is easy. As long you nand backup first before flashing it. Yep, those Metamorph are cool too. So do ADW.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

Bumping this thread back life. Aseems has decided to Root!!! Said so himself on the Root Gang group page.

Resistance is Futile! Lol!
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Wow. Really! Oh Happy Day!
    You won't regret it Aseem!

Now we shall do the dance of joy (Perfect Strangers ref)!!
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links