Who is Next to take the Plunge and Root?

This is a discussion on Who is Next to take the Plunge and Root? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Smuggling is aginst the TOS here. Just sayin'...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is Next to take the Plunge and Root?

Smuggling is aginst the TOS here.

Just sayin'

If this were pressuring you to root via ADB and all that junk, then I would suggest not to. With all the forums and guides on how to root that way, shoot there's even one on this forum, it's easy to get lost in the outdated information.

So you're not only confused but risking on bricking your phone hardcore WITHOUt having a warranty in tact.

1-click : Warranty, Pretty much can't brick your phone, easy, and only takes 5-10 minutes if done right.

Cyanogen Mod is very customizable and there are plenty of ROMS out there that satisfy you to your liking. People wonder about the change from STOCK to a custom ROM. Most of these ROMS are based off of STOCK. Meaning when you flash Cyanogen you really won't notice the difference. Okay so the boot screen is a blue android (Live Wall: Cyanogen RC3! - Android app on AppBrain) and when you get to your homescreen, the live wallpaper is the same wallpaper that is on your N1 when it comes out of the box, except the colors of the network are blue.

It's not a change where you'll regret. I promise.

As I mentioned before, you keep your warranty and unleash the full capabilities of your phone. So what are you waiting for?

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Actually, my concerns are several.

First, I'm really attached to "vanilla android" as Google release(s/d) it. The variable "performance benefits" of the various ROMs doesn't do much to put me at ease.

Which leads to point 2: for various reasons I won't go into here, there are several developers whose work I will not support. This leaves a comparative dearth of viable choices for me to use.

Point 3: there is a possibility that I may get another Android device to use soon...probably a Captivate. Should I decide to go that route, I have no doubt that I will root that device almost immediately!

Which all leads back to point 1: I really don't want to lose the 'uniqueness' of virgin Android that the N1 uniquely possesses. And Froyo has addresses damn near all of the very few issues I've ever had...works perfectly for me, and I really don't find myself wanting anything more from my Nexus.

I may work past it, I may root something else, I may leave the status quo...
    As interesting as these threads have been, I still haven't quite been tipped over the top.

But you're welcome to keep trying, guys!

Well if that wasn't the most demoralizing post... I'm not sure what is.. haha

--> Ne:nexusx:uS One ROOTED

--> ...a Gingerbread ROM

- Our handicapped puppy -

*Follow me on Twitter

EASY ROOT + CUSTOM KERNEL FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS ----> HERE

Other phones will make fun of your virgin phone. Then your virgin phone will feel ugly and fat. It will have self esteem issues and start to hang around iPhones. Then it will end up in a dark drawer next to a dirty iPod and a whole lot of regrets. Is this want you want WERA!!
    For the love of God and your Nexus One. Root it!!!
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Sheanzy, please do not mistake my comments to be anything remotely like 'getting rid of the Nexus'...that AIN'T gonna happen! :D

And I do really want to understand rooting, ROMs and the like. Don't get me wrong, I've learned a lot just watching you guys chat But it would be SO much easier for me to root something other than my N1, that's all I meant to say.

And in case you guys didn't know, I also Admin over at ATTDroids.com, and there's lots of rooting info for the Captivate already!

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Other phones will make fun of your virgin phone. Then your virgin phone will feel ugly and fat. It will have self esteem issues and start to hang around iPhones. Then it will end up in a dark drawer next to a dirty iPod and a whole lot of regrets. Is this want you want WERA!!

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:
    +1 that's Hilarious:rofl3:
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Don't WERA Don't!

1) There should be SOME N1 Android purists on this forum like WERA and myself, to benchmark against

Keep the Faith!

KeyPlyr,
    N1 David
    and me the Idiot are with you

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...ms-root-5.html

Love Ya Slim!

I just did it last nite and I'm sitting here wondering why I waited so long!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links