Who is Next to take the Plunge and Root?
This is a discussion on Who is Next to take the Plunge and Root? within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by WERA689
No, not that scary...but, with Froyo, is it really necessary?
I was a little scared before I rooted too. But with ...
I was a little scared before I rooted too. But with the 1-click root, you get the best of everything. FroYo is still FroYo, but you get a lot of other great things also. Bootloader still intact.
Originally Posted by WERA689
Here are the additions that I like:
1) Better performance and battery life at the same time (SetCPU)
2) Color trackball notifications with persistent blinking (fully customizable)
3) Removal of a ton of little widgets that I no longer need because the functionality is already there (WiFi tether, batter indicator, etc.)
4) Audio equalizer
5) Better camera app (more resolutions, 720p, touch to focus, etc.)
6) Much improved Power Control widget
7) So much more that I can't even remember it all.
8) 20MB additional internal ROM space
Anyway.... the bottom line is that it's all gain and you don't lose anything (except for your N1 virginity).
The great thing about the 1-click root method is that you can also unroot and and reflash your stock rom. You can be a Born-again Virgin.
Originally Posted by Beer Goggles
Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
If it ain't broke you have not tried to install enough options yet!!!
Originally Posted by aseems