CM6 Settings, Questions, and Suggestions.

This is a discussion on CM6 Settings, Questions, and Suggestions. within the Nexus One Development & Hacking forums, part of the Nexus One category; Slim's right, Term Emul is like having ADB and Command Shell on you phone. Unless you are very good at it or have 100% understandable ...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CM6 Settings, Questions, and Suggestions.

Slim's right,

Term Emul is like having ADB and Command Shell on you phone. Unless you are very good at it or have 100% understandable instructions you can get in trouble. It scares me. But, it allows you to change, add, remove thing from your phone at the OS level.

Linda Manager is a more basic and safer way to copy, move, delete items. And, Root Explorer is not too bad. Just do a backup of any files you want to change, so if you mess up you can paste back.

All are not for folks still figuring out their phones basics.
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    So now what. Say I want to change the icons in my notification, what do I do. Like I wanted to load the FroyoTang but will it work for CM 6?

[THEME] FroyoTANG_v1.0_BETA Welcome To The Candy Shop! =) - Nexus Nation Forum

And how do I got bout going through all these mods like changin lock screen colors. I really don't know where to start and what to really look for.

Like say I wanted this

[THEME] NexDEEP v1.1 Enom-1.6.1/CM-5.0.2 Nex DEEP In Android! =) - Nexus Nation Forum

It says CM 5.0.2 so will it not work for CM 6?

Do I only load themes that has a CM 6 file?
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    So now what. Say I want to change the icons in my notification, what do I do. Like I wanted to load the FroyoTang but will it work for CM 6?

[THEME] FroyoTANG_v1.0_BETA Welcome To The Candy Shop! =) - Nexus Nation Forum

And how do I got bout going through all these mods like changin lock screen colors. I really don't know where to start and what to really look for.

Like say I wanted this

[THEME] NexDEEP v1.1 Enom-1.6.1/CM-5.0.2 Nex DEEP In Android! =) - Nexus Nation Forum

It says CM 5.0.2 so will it not work for CM 6?

Do I only load themes that has a CM 6 file?
    Yes unfortunately, these themes are not up to date. There are very few themes available for CM6 RC 3 at the moment AFAIK.

But usually themes can be flashed in recovery or applied with Metamorph
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Fryotang is a non-market .apk. It needs installed thru SDK/ADB. Don't think your set for that. It's how we rooted before one click. There are separate guides on installing Android SDK and ADB. Don't think it works with Cyan, would have to research further.

Here's a link on .apk files:

How to Install Non-Market .apk Apps on Android G1 Phone .Apk on g1
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

These are the themes I prefer to use. there is a way to get these on RC3 but it is not as easy as usual. Check it out

MetaMorph for RC3 jairomeo
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    These are the themes I prefer to use. there is a way to get these on RC3 but it is not as easy as usual. Check it out

They are MetaMorph, which means you have to use MetaMorph. If you read the front posts, it says I dont have time to make update.zips right now, so until I do, MM will be the only way they will be available.

Quote Originally Posted by jairomeo View Post

They are MetaMorph, which means you have to use MetaMorph. If you read the front posts, it says I dont have time to make update.zips right now, so until I do, MM will be the only way they will be available.
    Nothing wrong with that. but there is an extra step involved with flashing the zip for the phone.apk. thats all I was saying.

Funny I was just talking to you on XDA about that theme control file. Glad to see you are on top of these things tho.

Once again, I think your themes are the Best out there.

Much Respect
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Nothing wrong with that. but there is an extra step involved with flashing the zip for the phone.apk. thats all I was saying.

Funny I was just talking to you on XDA about that theme control file. Glad to see you are on top of these things tho.

Once again, I think your themes are the Best out there.

Much Respect
    LOL yeah since you linked to the site I saw the ping back. Thanks glad you like, hopefully I can find time again soon, I change a lot more small things when I can do the update.zips

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    iPhoneSlayer with your settings

SetCPU:
    MAX 1152
    Charging/Full 537
    Battery<16% 576
    Temp > 41.1 C 499
    Screen Off 499

Is the 537 only for when it's charging? Since you have max 1152 if I'm processing a program like game will go as hi as to that speed or will only max out to 537 if say I'm playing the game while charging?
    Androidfied.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post
    iPhoneSlayer with your settings

SetCPU:
    MAX 1152
    Charging/Full 537
    Battery<16% 576
    Temp > 41.1 C 499
    Screen Off 499

Is the 537 only for when it's charging? Since you have max 1152 if I'm processing a program like game will go as hi as to that speed or will only max out to 537 if say I'm playing the game while charging?
    Looks to me that the 537 is the max for when the phone is Charging.

1152 is the Max when disconnected from the charger.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links